Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Default Ubuntu Edge - The FUTURE of Mobiles and Pcs

Ubuntu Edge

^ That over there will be the true future of mobile/pc. Completely unique phone and project with the ambition to change the world of mobiles and pcs. Combining both mobile and pc, having Ubuntu and Android both in it, assumed 4 GB RAM, 128 GB Storage, fastest multi core CPU (when hopefully phone gets actually done), a freaking sapphire screen which can only be scratched by diamonds and so much more awesome things in a freaking mobile phone.

The idea of this phone is to be both a mobile phone and a main pc. The hardware will be top notch and it will actually be on par with most desktops there are. I'm just simply stunned how amazing this freaking beast would be and I for one am going to support this.

The catch is that the phone is on indiegogo. In 1 month they try to raise 32m dollars in order to product this phone. 7 days has passed and currently the raised money is a bit over 7m dollars. I believe when more and more ppl begin to find this, the 32m dollars goal will be achieved and this phone will be made. The ultimate catch is that this phone wouldn't be available on regular mobile phone distributers. Only the ones who contribute to the indiegogo page (by buying the phone from there) will receive the phone while all the others wouldn't have the possibility to get one. The phone currently costs 775 dollars (a bargain!!!!) but the remaining reserving spots are limited in that price. As the fundraiser is done by indiegogo, if this project wouldn't achieve the 32m dollars limit, u would get all of ur money back which u would have invested in it.

So basically, u r either guaranteed to have the best mobile ever made by far or u will be refunded the money u put into it.

What do u think? Amazing right?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post: