Thread: PVP Scoring:When others do matter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Default PVP Scoring:When others do matter

Rogue is build to inflict damage and making kills. Whilst most (especially rogues) would agree to this statment,other classes might have a different thought.i.e its a norm to see a smurf tanking ahead likeabawss inflicting massive damage to other players.

Since PVP is a team effort,coordination and strategy each classses and teamplayers have a role to play.Unfortunately the KD is designed to display the person who make the final shot that causes the death.and this is where rogue dominates.just like football the one who make the scoring is the one to be celebrated.

Often we heard such expression such as "i didnt get any kills etc.." today..this might have either significant impact or totally meaningless to such player.however, i do feel for other classes (i.e tank as the meatshield and sacrifices his toon body so the rest can conquer the match,or mages at the behind healing his team upfront to keep going). And such actions require sacrifice,which has no impact to the scoreboard.so its not wrong to say "i play pvp so that i can help others to win"..hmm not quite.

Suggestions to STS should these can be implemented without adding burden to the severe lag atm, with the NBA scoring model as reference:

1.Assist Points
    Can be too complicated to be done,or includes massive calculation.i cant even finalized the proper framework due to its maths.However its nice if the person who aid before the final death shot gets a score for such action.

2.Titles
    Example like man of the match, Insane Stunner, etc2 that gives the spotlight to other than the killers.

3. By class
    Very rough thought perhaps each class ability that ws well demonstrated in the matc

Need feedback and suggestions on how we can expand the above thought into something constructive that might be considered to enhance the PVP experience which is currently a bit dull.

Cheers.
    semi-retired

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Maybe a score of team kills?

Like 10 kills got by one rogue would add 10 to his/her kdr and 1 to the others (divide by 10, or 2, or something lol)

This way, even the other players on the team wud get some kills they earned!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

How about new KPIs?
    - given Damage
    - Damage taken
    - given Health (to team)

or an average DPS/HPS Score

So Warriors and Mages also have some stats to be proud of

Would be also cool for PvE Elite Maps to identifiy valuable (Team)Player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

How about team kdr

Near the ctf k/d count there will be a "ctf team" k/d count

Meaning each death/kill in team will go straight to that count of each member of the team

That way you can see how well one person does in a team/how helpful it is to pvp with that player.

Edit: might also encourage people to play more team and less solo
    Last edited by matanofx; 07-30-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Huber View Post
    How about new KPIs?
    - given Damage
    - Damage taken
    - given Health (to team)

LOL @KPI [Key Performance Indicators] Love the management speak :-)

I think that this is an awesome idea!

Create a Damage Inflicted counter, so all three classes get a sense of overall damage output for the player.
    Create a Damage Absorbed counter, so all three classes get a sense of how "tanky" a player is.
    Create a Support counter, for heals, so all three classes get a sense of how "supportive" a player is.

I have run in PvP and PvE maps where a Warrior did little to no damage, but was instrumental to overall success. This should be rewarded in a stat somehow, and the above formula would meet that goal.

Same goes for Sorcerers who deal a fair amount of damage whilst providing lots of support.

This way, we could have a leaderboard with the individual and cumulative totals, and the total wouldn't be dominated by a single class, nor exclusive to twinks.

Most likely, this would be dominated by Sorcerers as they provide the highest levels of all three stats, but Rogues would likely be tops in damage, Warriors topping the damage absorbed and Sorcerers dominating the support category.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post

Create a Damage Inflicted counter, so all three classes get a sense of overall damage output for the player.
    Create a Damage Absorbed counter, so all three classes get a sense of how "tanky" a player is.
    Create a Support counter, for heals, so all three classes get a sense of how "supportive" a player is.

I have run in PvP and PvE maps where a Warrior did little to no damage, but was instrumental to overall success. This should be rewarded in a stat somehow, and the above formula would meet that goal.

Same goes for Sorcerers who deal a fair amount of damage whilst providing lots of support.

This way, we could have a leaderboard with the individual and cumulative totals, and the total wouldn't be dominated by a single class, nor exclusive to twinks.

Most likely, this would be dominated by Sorcerers as they provide the highest levels of all three stats, but Rogues would likely be tops in damage, Warriors topping the damage absorbed and Sorcerers dominating the support category.
    +1 as always kal.brilliant suggestions same goes to the everyone else as above. Hoping for more feedback from the community so it can be compiled as proposal to sts to enhance the gaming experience for all.i am certain sts value such inputs as it is the key ingredient for them to ensure the game is progressing.

On a separate note.i feel the pain for warriors who has lesser chance to compete with timed challenge.even with speed elix or kettle or shiloh they are struggling to nail this.

Perhaps a relook at the LB concept to provide more opportunities and healthy competition among all classes.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

EDIT: Sorry, I misconstrued what this thread is all about.

+1 for the idea .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Huber View Post
    How about new KPIs?
    - given Damage
    - Damage taken
    - given Health (to team)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post

Yep this is a good idea. The thing I don't like is that "damage absorbed" is just a nicer way of saying "I'm a punching bag" LOL.
    Kind of reminds me of the stats you see at the end of a game in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Edit: what Taejo said has also been suggested a lot. Special tokens for winning a CTF game. Not TDM because that might get more ganging to happen, as TDM is for killing and CTF is for scoring. But if these tokens are implemented for TDM as well, then it might make more people want to fight as a team rather than not following the crowd :P (You always hear people saying "don't follow the crowd." Well this is one plae you do)

Edit 2: y u change post???
    Last edited by Drearivev; 07-30-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    How about team kdr

Near the ctf k/d count there will be a "ctf team" k/d count

Meaning each death/kill in team will go straight to that count of each member of the team

That way you can see how well one person does in a team/how helpful it is to pvp with that player.

Edit: might also encourage people to play more team and less solo
    this is a great idea, and possibly the easiest to implement .. effective too.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I suggested in another thread that was largely ignored, that there should be "team flags" and "team flags allowed" stats.

So if someone on your team scores a flag, you get +1 added to "team flags" stat, and if someone on the opposing team scores, you get +1 to your "team flags allowed" stat. Then players would have incentive to help eachother score, and they would also have incentive to stop the other team from scoring. So people would no longer allow their buddies on the other team to run flags.