Nox is good.
    Would highly recommended it.
    Good for Boss and also Mobs clearing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    I watched the Noxbox in action last night Zu and I went duo for antee and stood around after she died for a good 20 seconds talking before we realized we didn't stop the clock... stopped it at 4:30 or so. Not bad for a couple of noobs :P
    Lol.. NoxBox.. I like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

After trying out the noxbox I can only see one shortcoming, and that's staying in you Veil while trying to poison the 4 corners.

I usually use only 2 spots to fire my charged nox, sometimes 3 when a large mob is almost completely inside veil. I mostly go to the furthest right/upper side within veil, fire charge nox and then move to the left/down side and charge another Nox. Agro is definitely less than to stand in 1 spot and spam charged Nox, while the overall Dmg you'd deal would be the same only on a bit smaller group of enemies. since you're focussing on a smaller group only, they'll die quicker and help survivability because a smaller number gets killed first and so having less mobs to deal with.

Also, in this way you are guaranteed to be able to stay within your veil, reaping the armor and Dmg benefit to their fullest meaning, again, quicker and easier kills.

Maybe I've overlooked something but that's just my personal experience in my short time of testing the noxbox

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's hard to do a Noxbox in narrow passages ex: Tombs. I wouldn't risk passing thru the mobs just to place a proper noxbox.
    With another Rogue we finished tombs and its narrow passages by shooting Nox and running Lol. But it did thin the mobs out, we thinned the mob per layer, starting from the front layer of the mobs. For the last layer we jump in and finish them with our blades.

But in wide open areas, placing a proper Noxbox (or Nox triangle) is no problem.

Just a question, where's the area of effect of the Nox poison?
    Is it only on the initial area where first you placed it? Or its in the area of the affected target - which means any other creatures that come in contact of your target is also affected?

I can't clearly see this during a mob break-out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wiggy View Post
    It's hard to do a Noxbox in narrow passages ex: Tombs. I wouldn't risk passing thru the mobs just to place a proper noxbox.
    With another Rogue we finished tombs and its narrow passages by shooting Nox and running Lol. But it did thin the mobs out, we thinned the mob per layer, starting from the front layer of the mobs. For the last layer we jump in and finish them with our blades.

But in wide open areas, placing a proper Noxbox (or Nox triangle) is no problem.

Just a question, where's the area of effect of the Nox poison?
    Is it only on the initial area where first you placed it? Or its in the area of the affected target - which means any other creatures that come in contact of your target is also affected?

I can't clearly see this during a mob break-out.
    It's only within an area from where it's placed. It doesn't spread, if that's what you meant..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dlanor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dlanor View Post
    It's only within an area from where it's placed. It doesn't spread, if that's what you meant..
    Yup, that's what I meant. Thanks!

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Yup, that's what I meant. Thanks!
    Nox is calculated at point of hit. Any mobs in radius will be affected. It does not affect any mobs after that.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Move this to the guide section Zu

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    After trying out the noxbox I can only see one shortcoming, and that's staying in you Veil while trying to poison the 4 corners.

I usually use only 2 spots to fire my charged nox, sometimes 3 when a large mob is almost completely inside veil. I mostly go to the furthest right/upper side within veil, fire charge nox and then move to the left/down side and charge another Nox. Agro is definitely less than to stand in 1 spot and spam charged Nox, while the overall Dmg you'd deal would be the same only on a bit smaller group of enemies. since you're focussing on a smaller group only, they'll die quicker and help survivability because a smaller number gets killed first and so having less mobs to deal with.

Also, in this way you are guaranteed to be able to stay within your veil, reaping the armor and Dmg benefit to their fullest meaning, again, quicker and easier kills.

Maybe I've overlooked something but that's just my personal experience in my short time of testing the noxbox

I can see your point. It seems as if you're reffering to smaller mobs (4-6). In that case it is really does seems silly to take shots outside of the radius of your Veil just to roll the Box tech. I have found that the subject tech is built and is most effective with the large ugly mobs such as Leet Mage Mine, Leet Hall of V, Leet Skull Cove, Leet Wolf, Lvl Gridin in WT3/WT4....etc. In <-those cases I found it to be worth releasing a couple shots outside of Smoke. I will say when you do release outside of smoke...it just feels wrong...lol. Then again, as I stated above...with thick mobs one must swim a bit in the middle to get full poison coverage. Since Veil only last...eh maybe 2/3 cycles though your skills (Assuming your fingers are as fast as mine ) Try running a mini figure 8 inside the Box while cycling through your skills as long as Smoke last. Then back to the Box while Veil is coolin down and repeat...
    Last edited by Zuzeq; 08-13-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

You're going to have to show me what you mean bc I'm just too lame to understand by reading it. I need to see it in action
    Last edited by Pandamoni; 08-13-2013 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    I can see your point. It seems as if you're reffering to smaller mobs (4-6). In that case it is really does seems silly to take shots outside of the radius of your Veil just to roll the Box tech. I have found that the subject tech is built and is most effective with the large ugly mobs such as Leet Mage Mine, Leet Hall of V, Leet Skull Cove, Leet Wolf, Lvl Gridin in WT3/WT4....etc. In <-those cases I found it to be worth releasing a couple shots outside of Smoke. I will say when you do release outside of smoke...it just feels wrong...lol. Then again, as I stated above...with thick mobs one must swim a bit in the middle to get full poison coverage. Since Veil only last...eh maybe 2/3 cycles though your skills (Assuming your fingers are as fast as mine ) Try running a mini figure 8 inside the Box while cycling through your skills as long as Smoke last. Then back to the Box while Veil is coolin down and repeat...
    The thing I don't get is how it helps to deal more dmg or kill mobs faster.

Nox can only hit 6 targets right? Also, with the range upgrade, staying withing veil and fighting huge amounts of mobs, you're sure to, as good as always, affect 6 mobs, even if they're not super tightly packed together. So what I don't get is how I'd deal more dmg in total when attacking the 4 corners, instead of dealing 10% more dmg while staying in veil.

I can see that the dmg would be spread out more evenly, but since Nox poison dmg stacks, is that really such a good idea? I mean, the only difference would be that with the noxbox you'll be poisoning more enemies simultaneously, but with staying in veil you'll ultimately deal exactly the same poison dmg (6 targets per shot) only spread over less enemies + 10% by staying in your veil. That would mean that instead of killing all mobs at the same speed (noxbox), you'll be killing some quicker than others while even dealing more dmg in total in the same amount of time (10% dmg of veil). The added advantage of that is that your party will have an easier time surviving, because smaller and smaller amounts of mobs would be there to attack.

Now if Nox would poison more then 6 mobs, I'd see the advantage of the noxbox. Maybe there's something I don't know about it?

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

If i'm with a good tank I'll stay within my smoke. If the tank sucks I'll go outside the smoke. I'll lose the 15% damage bonus but I think i actually do more damage because I'm attacking the whole time instead of spamming pots. Lol. I call this Plan B. Plan A is to run with a good tank (or a better rogue than me who hogs all the aggro) and stay in smoke. If that fails I fall back to plan B. And we all know if Plan B was any good it would be plan A. Hehe.

GF

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    The thing I don't get is how it helps to deal more dmg or kill mobs faster.

Nox can only hit 6 targets right? Also, with the range upgrade, staying withing veil and fighting huge amounts of mobs, you're sure to, as good as always, affect 6 mobs, even if they're not super tightly packed together. So what I don't get is how I'd deal more dmg in total when attacking the 4 corners, instead of dealing 10% more dmg while staying in veil.

I can see that the dmg would be spread out more evenly, but since Nox poison dmg stacks, is that really such a good idea? I mean, the only difference would be that with the noxbox you'll be poisoning more enemies simultaneously, but with staying in veil you'll ultimately deal exactly the same poison dmg (6 targets per shot) only spread over less enemies + 10% by staying in your veil. That would mean that instead of killing all mobs at the same speed (noxbox), you'll be killing some quicker than others while even dealing more dmg in total in the same amount of time (10% dmg of veil). The added advantage of that is that your party will have an easier time surviving, because smaller and smaller amounts of mobs would be there to attack.

Now if Nox would poison more then 6 mobs, I'd see the advantage of the noxbox. Maybe there's something I don't know about it?

Well the mission of any Veil user is to stay inside of the radius of course. I was simply saying that if you are dealing was a mob larger than your smoke don't panic if "every" shot isn't under the cover of Veil. The whole point of the Box is to keep poison damage stacked across large mobs in the 20-25 member range. If you want to keep all 20-25 mob members poisoned you can't keep hitting the same 6 members thus you have to hit all sides of the mob equally.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

For tomb mobs and its narrow passages, I shoot Nox from afar and seldom stay in my smoke. I just deploy my smoke for the tanks (which they love and appreciate).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Is it correct to assume the rough perimetre of a noxbox can be comparable to veil radius (uncharge)
    Coz thats how i play around with nox in terms of gauging the distance and movable spots.maybe its jusy me bt the drops in mobs health from nox attsck is easier to see if tagged with veil or traps.i ustand the dmg stacks bt i tried both with and without nox just to ensure its working well.

Not sure hows the technical framwork behind it but nox dmg seems quite transparent in effectiveness albeit no visual display.i can see from dagger procs.same to bow tho now i attempt to change mob aims since its single attack to test nox dmg radius.hoping there would be dmg visual display to better analyze and plan the attacks in that short window.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Is it correct to assume the rough perimetre of a noxbox can be comparable to veil radius (uncharge)
    Coz thats how i play around with nox in terms of gauging the distance and movable spots.maybe its jusy me bt the drops in mobs health from nox attsck is easier to see if tagged with veil or traps.i ustand the dmg stacks bt i tried both with and without nox just to ensure its working well.

Not sure hows the technical framwork behind it but nox dmg seems quite transparent in effectiveness albeit no visual display.i can see from dagger procs.same to bow tho now i attempt to change mob aims since its single attack to test nox dmg radius.hoping there would be dmg visual display to better analyze and plan the attacks in that short window.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Yup, just how i like my roller coasters..fun and fast. Remember, think INSIDE the box (;
    work great!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    i ustand the dmg stacks bt i tried both with and without nox just to ensure its working well.
    I just want to clarify this. Nox bolt tick damage stacks with other rogue's Nox bolt right? But not on a consecutive nox bolt hit?
    I mean if the enemy already has a nox bolt tick damage, the tick damage doesn't stack if you hit him again with your nox bolt right? But of course the initial hit of the nox bolt damage will be in effect.
    Last edited by wiggy; 08-27-2013 at 12:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I just want to clarify this. Nox bolt tick damage stacks with other rogue's Nox bolt right? But not on a consecutive nox bolt hit?
    I mean if the enemy already has a nox bolt tick damage, the tick damage doesn't stack if you hit him again with your nox bolt right? But of course the initial hit of the nox bolt damage will be in effect.
    Nox's poison dmg stacks both with your own or with another rogue's Nox.

U rok, thanks!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Cool, thanks!