Thread: Forum Suggestion: Having Our Own Avatar's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Forum Suggestion: Having Our Own Avatar's

Well while my time on the forum, All I see are AL, PL & DL avatars. I just want to have access to our own avatars like other forums do because everywhere around the forum it's only STG games. Can't we upload our own avatar's? it would be nice to have a different variety of avatar's from different people and having the same avatar's all round is really nice to look at all the time. Please STS do something!!
    AL: Mfkaz - Level 31 (Warrior) l Megan Fox <3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MfKaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Fuhn Idea

Btw there is pl, sl, dl, al, and generic avatars currently

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    Fuhn Idea

Yes! I am aware of that :'). I just hope STS implement this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MfKaz:1202473
    Fuhn Idea

Yes! I am aware of that :'). I just hope STS implement this.
    I just think this won't happen. Most likely

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I just think this won't happen. Most likely
    But I don't see whats wrong with having our own Avatar's. It's just displaying a picture of your choice that is it. I'm tired of seeing all these STG gaming avatar's. I'd like to have the opportunity to post my own and display them. It's not changing the game it's just changing the profile on the forum :').

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

++ from me mate - I'd love to be able to customize that

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    ++ from me mate - I'd love to be able to customize that
    Ahaha! Thanks :') and Yes so would I .

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

This isn't first time it's suggested and I don't see a reason why we would actually need custom made Avatars. We have sigs, which we can make on our own and we can express ourselves with them.

Adding custom Avatars would mean way more moderation to mod team which currently consists from 2 ppl, Samhayne and Delphina. They have enough job without having to moderate Avatar pictures alongside the other things they do.

I personally think that this is unnecessary. We have sigs, why would we need to have custom Avatars to express ourselves as signatures do it way more efficiently. This suggestion falls into "WE WANT MORE" category.

Ofc I would like to have Dolan as my Avatar pic. As I can't have him on my avatar, I put him into my sig. No1 forces u to choose an Avatar, I have not used an Avatar in 2 years.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I believe one of the old forumers had a customized avatar? Some hilly view I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    This isn't first time it's suggested and I don't see a reason why we would actually need custom made Avatars. We have sigs, which we can make on our own and we can express ourselves with them.

Adding custom Avatars would mean way more moderation to mod team which currently consists from 2 ppl, Samhayne and Delphina. They have enough job without having to moderate Avatar pictures alongside the other things they do.

I personally think that this is unnecessary. We have sigs, why would we need to have custom Avatars to express ourselves as signatures do it way more efficiently. This suggestion falls into "WE WANT MORE" category.

Ofc I would like to have Dolan as my Avatar pic. As I can't have him on my avatar, I put him into my sig. No1 forces u to choose an Avatar, I have not used an Avatar in 2 years.
    On the previous forum I was on, We had a Staff team which basically was Mods, Admins, Devs, etc. We also had different types of staff members such as Events who were in charge with all gaming events that would happen, Writers who were in charge of all game reviews, blogs etc... The Main staff members would choose a number of members from the forum who are educated, well mannered and can be trust worthy for this job which was to help the Staff Members keep and eye out on the forums. These members would be Moderators. After being a Mod for a while if they did their job right and Admins were impressed, That member would then be promoted to Admin. I was a Super Moderator myself in the previous forum I was on and STS forum really needs this. It will make life much easier for Samhayne & Delphina and also the Devs. Being a Moderator myself, I know how hard it is to keep an eye out on the forum and thousands of members. Delphina and the team need help from me and the rest of us. I just hope this gets implemented.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MfKaz View Post
    On the previous forum I was on, We had a Staff team which basically was Mods, Admins, Devs, etc. We also had different types of staff members such as Events who were in charge with all gaming events that would happen, Writers who were in charge of all game reviews, blogs etc... The Main staff members would choose a number of members from the forum who are educated, well mannered and can be trust worthy for this job which was to help the Staff Members keep and eye out on the forums. These members would be Moderators. After being a Mod for a while if they did their job right and Admins were impressed, That member would then be promoted to Admin. I was a Super Moderator myself in the previous forum I was on and STS forum really needs this. It will make life much easier for Samhayne & Delphina and also the Devs. Being a Moderator myself, I know how hard it is to keep an eye out on the forum and thousands of members. Delphina and the team need help from me and the rest of us. I just hope this gets implemented.
    Another suggestion which has been suggested numerous times.

The thing is that it wouldn't work. Before u joined these forums there was a program called Ambassador program. It was a player/forum member team with 1 mod (guy named Pandar and later on guy named Airrie) and rest of the program were members. Their original purpose was to be sort of new player helpers.

This idea got ruined by several members who tried to be really helpful on forums just in order to get into that special group. This lead into countless amounts of useless guides and overall "niceness" which turned forums into one great flame war as the older forum members grew tired of those Ambassador seeking kiddies. In short a huge amount drama for little profit.

Now to think regular forumers could become mods... Guess how much mod seeking kiddies would that attract if a simple mod/player program turned whole forums into flame wars?

Besides, there are just 4 regular members who would IMO qualify to be forum mods.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Another suggestion which has been suggested numerous times.

The thing is that it wouldn't work. Before u joined these forums there was a program called Ambassador program. It was a player/forum member team with 1 mod (guy named Pandar and later on guy named Airrie) and rest of the program were members. Their original purpose was to be sort of new player helpers.

This idea got ruined by several members who tried to be really helpful on forums just in order to get into that special group. This lead into countless amounts of useless guides and overall "niceness" which turned forums into one great flame war as the older forum members grew tired of those Ambassador seeking kiddies. In short a huge amount drama for little profit.

Now to think regular forumers could become mods... Guess how much mod seeking kiddies would that attract if a simple mod/player program turned whole forums into flame wars?

Besides, there are just 4 regular members who would IMO qualify to be forum mods.
    I never knew this and now I know that it wouldn't work. Man! Nothing ever works round these forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Think about why this suggestion won't happen.

If you could change your avatar, wouldn't many people just screenshot their screen, crop out the sts logo, and use it as their avatar and pretend to be devs and mods, which breaks the tos as it say "don't impersonate sts people"

Then war starts...
    Yup...that's how I see what would happen..