Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuyal Gladiator Arena--Unfair Timed Runs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Default Shuyal Gladiator Arena--Unfair Timed Runs

Many of you know about the glitch that was fixed sometime in early july for the Shuyal Gladiator Arena. Exploiting this glitch would allow you to bypass the 20s timer in between each fight (yes it's 20, tho you get a notification at 15) and the boss fight would not have a special effect. Meaning you could straight up facetank it with no distractions. This allowed you to complete insane timed runs, which are un beatable today. I've tried many times only able to reach a little under 5 mins, with a maxed team, samael, good maul procs, all that junk.

A simple fix to this would be to remove all times set before the hidden update to fix the glitch happened, or swipe the board completely. If people could do it before, they should be able to do it without a glitch. I believe this would provide incentive for more competition to attempt these runs, and allow for people who may not excel in other maps to try just boss fights. If you can remember from last season, a certain map called Ancienf Mariner Reef was glitches to where the boss automatically spawned, which allowed it to be completed in 1:45, an insane time. The records for this map were reset. Simple as that. I just cannot see where leaving glitched times on the board makes any sense.

I understand the exploiters of the glitch will not be happy with this post, but please keep criticism non-flammatory if you could. As I, and many others believe this is the most fair way to deal with the situation. If you did it once you can do it again. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Azepeiete; 08-02-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Azepeiete For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Bug abusers definitely shouldn't be allowed to benefit. Honestly, IMO, if they were bug abusing to get such timed runs, then like others who have abused bugs/exploits to get on the leaderboards, they should be wiped and given some sort of punishment.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Then all the hooks arcane maul fullmythic players would abused the run and we would have no chance.
    Yay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

That's not abuse. If we worked hard for our gear we should be able to use it. The owners of the times abused a non-intended bug to set unfair times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Or just lend them of someone who doesn't care about timed runs at all.
    i need to test something...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

If you care about the times and truly have a good strategy and practice, you could just borrow the gear the same way and remake some times. There is no point in glitched times sitting on board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I can't just lend the gear... wtf

Edit: i would do that tho, but then I'd break all the other records too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

The way you said it before sounded like you had mythic loans on deck...lol. I still respect your teams ability to set records. Yet it makes NO sense whatsoever to leave glitched times on board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    The way you said it before sounded like you had mythic loans on deck...lol. I still respect your teams ability to set records. Yet it makes NO sense whatsoever to leave glitched times on board.
    I wish you had said admire mig abolities yadda yadda...
    I don't see how it could've souded like that -_- because i don't. I don't even have a friend with hooks lol
    I would be totally cool with the wipe, I agree glitchong is wrong, but then I'd actually want a chance to get on too. I dont know how the hell you get those items, loan or not, how the hell does the people who lend it get it. Craaaaaaates
    Seriously.. No chance. At. All.

Just because:
    A friend aske me today if he thought he's smurf was good enough for timed runs lb.. My reply "You meed to be full mythic...:/"

I mean, lets be honest.. You've seen the Enhanced page if tomes runs... Uff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Bug abusers definitely shouldn't be allowed to benefit. Honestly, IMO, if they were bug abusing to get such timed runs, then like others who have abused bugs/exploits to get on the leaderboards, they should be wiped and given some sort of punishment.
    no punishment. outright ban. thats what sts does with other offenses right? ban outright. so same goes here. ban.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    no punishment. outright ban. thats what sts does with other offenses right? ban outright. so same goes here. ban.

Wtf...
    How's that even fair when all they have to do is wipe the lb pages? NOPE! One time abuser, always abuser better ban them.

Edit: if this thread gets me banned, I'm gonna rage... more than I already am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    I wish you had said admire mig abolities yadda yadda...
    I don't see how it could've souded like that -_- because i don't. I don't even have a friend with hooks lol
    I would be totally cool with the wipe, I agree glitchong is wrong, but then I'd actually want a chance to get on too. I dont know how the hell you get those items, loan or not, how the hell does the people who lend it get it. Craaaaaaates
    Seriously.. No chance. At. All.

Just because:
    A friend aske me today if he thought he's smurf was good enough for timed runs lb.. My reply "You meed to be full mythic...:/"

I mean, lets be honest.. You've seen the Enhanced page if tomes runs... Uff
    A lot of enhanced times are set due to the aimed shot nerf, and a lot are easily breakable.
    Hooks aren't needed, or even the best in arena, or ALOT of maps. I do not own hooks, nor have I used for any of my current records. I have not opened a crate yet and I've got plenty of gear. Mythic rings aren't needed, mythic amulets aren't(ask frynoodles). Strategy and practice >>> gear and plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I always wondered how they got 4 mins and something. I mean, they seemed to kill 4 bosses in 3 mins (given the 15 seconds to wait between each boss, that's a whole minute of waiting). Lol I barely got bloodhammer alone in less than 3 minutes.

Thanks for bringing this out Azep, I support the wipe to make it fair. +1 from me. =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post

Unnecessary. Nobody was banned for running reef, nobody should be banned for this. A simple board swipe, or removal of times set earlier than the nerf date. That's all that is needed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

A lot of enhanced times are set due to the aimed shot nerf, and a lot are easily breakable.
    Hooks aren't needed, or even the best in arena, or ALOT of maps. I do not own hooks, nor have I used for any of my current records. I have not opened a crate yet and I've got plenty of gear. Mythic rings aren't needed, mythic amulets aren't(ask frynoodles). Strategy and practice >>> gear and plat.
    Well you can't go 500+ DPS Without them.
    They're not needed when your team is loaded on them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Well you can't go 500+ DPS Without them.
    They're not needed when your team is loaded on them.
    Dps ain't everything...I use bow in plenty of maps and even those with hooks do the same. And the point of "you got gear so we get a glitch" is totally unfair. I farmed my gear to be effective in pvp and run recs. I didn't open crates, I spent hours farming and merching. If you wanted to run records, you should have had to earn your gear as well, not used a glitch then stroll on back to pvp because you've secured your times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Dps ain't everything...I use bow in plenty of maps and even those with hooks do the same. And the point of "you got gear so we get a glitch" is totally unfair. I farmed my gear to be effective in pvp and run recs. I didn't open crates, I spent hours farming and merching. If you wanted to run records, you should have had to earn your gear as well, not used a glitch then stroll on back to pvp because you've secured your times.
    When in my post do i say you get gear i get glitch.
    I said it should be wiped because i don't think it's fair we glitched for the other players. But i said it's gonna be, for me anyways, impossible to achieve without an arcane item or being full mythic.

Earned your gear .-. Earning my gear.. Dude I think i earned my gear thank you very much.
    The only reason i hold a mythic item is beause i won a comp, otherwise I'd still be noble/bonechill/epic rings

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

When in my post do i say you get gear i get glitch.
    I said it should be wiped because i don't think it's fair we glitched for the other players. But i said it's gonna be, for me anyways, impossible to achieve without an arcane item or being full mythic.
    I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but what I'm trying to get across, is that you can still set records by practice and good strategy and a bit of luck. Thank you for your support, I thought you were trying to argue that the board should stand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but what I'm trying to get across, is that you can still set records by practice and good strategy and a bit of luck. Thank you for your support, I thought you were trying to argue that the board should stand.
    Okay well for one during the glitch, we did have competition. So we needed skill or whatever you wanna call it.

And secondly, are you saying that I play like a looney .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

I'm saying it took a lot less practice to beat the boss with the glitch than without, and no, I've fought you in pvp and I've seen your other times. You most definitely aren't a looney lol