Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Scamming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Scamming

Lot's of threads have been popping up regarding scams/scammers, and I know a big part of that is from the victim themselves, but I've trusted this person, and then they broke my trust. A few days ago, I came back on AL, from maybe a week or two break. I was greeted by ****** and he soon asked if he could use my mythic set (armor and helm) to use in PvP, as well because I wanted to PvP. Now I gave it to him without much hesitation because I have lent it to him before and he returned it right back. Maybe this was the plan the whole time, and I know a few "more-known" players, such as Apollo, who Calmed lent them his items to gain trust from them, he wanted good reputation from the bigger names, and I know our GuildMaster, who is one of the nicest, most helpful people in the game have been scammed close to the time I was, and it's a heartbreak to hear that.

On with what happened, he said he was lagging, so he left the match (PvP) and I didn't notice, but he went offline. I messaged him on the forums to see if maybe he dc-ed from lag, but never got a response back. I go on the day after to see he has deleted me off his friends' list, constant messages in and out of game that have not been replied, makes me think he has ignored/blocked me. I know there isn't much to do about it, but a reminder to those out there that you shouldn't lend anything personal at all, even to seemingly trustful members, a return of my items would be great, but a message learned would be greater.
    Last edited by Delphina; 08-03-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for condensed text, and positive replies would be great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I can attest to this. ******* has used the community's helpfulness to get the items he needed. In game, he messaged me, "Goblin gave me the items, I don't need to give them back."

This goes to show that the statements that STS embodies, "don't lend your items out to anyone" is purposely being used by people with ill-intent to escape immoral actions. I wish, like STS did years ago, they would ban these players versus letting them roam around with items that they never earned.
    Last edited by Delphina; 08-03-2013 at 07:51 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Oh My..
    AL: Mfkaz - Level 31 (Warrior) l Megan Fox <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Wat a jerk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

im sorry to hear this. ty for sharing it.
    .. RETIRED ..
    L31 PvE & L21 PvP
    ...Arcane Legends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

I feel your pain Goblin. All I do is help the player community (advice, knowledge, gear) and as stated above a similar thing happened to me. Only thing left to do is write support or PM someone from StS and see what they can do if anything. Got to to play on brother, sad to say its nature for some to try and get over on others to get ahead.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I can attest to this. ******* has used the community's helpfulness to get the items he needed. In game, he messaged me, "Goblin gave me the items, I don't need to give them back."

This goes to show that the statements that STS embodies, "don't lend your items out to anyone" is purposely being used by people with ill-intent to escape immoral actions. I wish, like STS did years ago, they would ban these players versus letting them roam around with items that they never earned.
    Well i say since sts doesnt ban these peepd maybe we need to start mentioning names so we know. I hate naming as much as the next peep but we should know
    Last edited by Delphina; 08-03-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Scamming

Still don't lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

He can getaway with it by creating a new character, capped it and use the mythic items. I hope devs can trace him out. Though I felt sorry for you but there were already scam cases like these and STS already gave out warnings to us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I can attest to this. has used the community's helpfulness to get the items he needed. In game, he messaged me, "Goblin gave me the items, I don't need to give them back."

I'd be up for banning these people and maybe a short term forum and in game ban for everyone that creates a thread like this
    Last edited by Delphina; 08-03-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Just a comment about this sort of thing.....

I have been asked by friends and guild members on occasion to borrow items of mine. Unless it is something that's not expensive, I usually decline. The truth is you can never know someone that well in an online game. Better to protect yourself. If someone gets angry at you for not lending them an expensive item, then they are not worth having as a friend anyway.

To this day, there are only a select few players (fewer than 5) who I would lend expensive items to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iike View Post
    He can getaway with it by creating a new character, capped it and use the mythic items. I hope devs can trace him out. Though I felt sorry for you but there were already scam cases like these and STS already gave out warnings to us.
    And it only encourages these type of people because they know that there is no consequence! I believe there's a reference to philosophy in this. It goes something like this: "If you could do most heinous things in the world & get away with it, would you? Or... would you still follow the moral path?" It shows that most players choose the first option. This is why STS needs to punish these people as it only degrades the community further!

STS, if it's about support resources, then do something like charge us platinum for cases like these? At least help out your hard-working players somehow rather than letting the victims get punished and the guilty be rewarded with their ill-gotten gains.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

BTW, I remember a while back in PL there was a case where someone borrowed expensive gear from their buddy, and then their account was hacked and the hacker stole those items. So even if your buddy who you lend items to is honest, you could still lose your items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

In online games or social networks, trust can easily be manipulated.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

Time to lock this up. Please remember the gift feature is designed to be a gift. You never truly know people in game so when you gift an item to them it is meant to be a gift not an item borrowed.
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com