Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Scamming

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Scamming

Lot's of threads have been popping up regarding scams/scammers, and I know a big part of that is from the victim themselves, but I've trusted this person, and then they broke my trust. A few days ago, I came back on AL, from maybe a week or two break. I was greeted by ****** and he soon asked if he could use my mythic set (armor and helm) to use in PvP, as well because I wanted to PvP. Now I gave it to him without much hesitation because I have lent it to him before and he returned it right back. Maybe this was the plan the whole time, and I know a few "more-known" players, such as Apollo, who Calmed lent them his items to gain trust from them, he wanted good reputation from the bigger names, and I know our GuildMaster, who is one of the nicest, most helpful people in the game have been scammed close to the time I was, and it's a heartbreak to hear that.

On with what happened, he said he was lagging, so he left the match (PvP) and I didn't notice, but he went offline. I messaged him on the forums to see if maybe he dc-ed from lag, but never got a response back. I go on the day after to see he has deleted me off his friends' list, constant messages in and out of game that have not been replied, makes me think he has ignored/blocked me. I know there isn't much to do about it, but a reminder to those out there that you shouldn't lend anything personal at all, even to seemingly trustful members, a return of my items would be great, but a message learned would be greater.
    Last edited by Delphina; 08-03-2013 at 07:51 PM.