Thread: Platinum Store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Platinum Store

I think that the number of items you can buy in the platinum store is kind of limited. There's not much diversity. The selection of items you can purchase should be greater. Maybe items that are more exclusive and that can only be obtained with Platinum. Weapons and Armor with good stats. More Vanity Sets, Pets and ETC.
    I've been playing MMORPG's for years and that's how most games generate revenue and having a lot of diversity in the cash shop is how you get players to purchase and contribute to the game. I've done offers which is how I get my platinum. But I also don't mind paying 2 bucks for some. Just cause I like the game.
    Anyways those are my 2 cents and hopefully we can get more items in the Platinum store in the near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Items offered for platinum are by definition not exclusive. How can it be exclusive if every player can buy them?

Exclusive items are rare items that not every player can have. That is what makes them exclusive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Yesterday i came across a tank who asking me for gold. But he has Malison with him, so i refused. Then he show me slag and other lengendary pets which he claimed that he bought by plats. But he has only 128 gold. He is maybe a sammer, but if what he said is true, I think there is no meaning to hunt, to farm, to play. Ppl with credit cards can get good stuffs without trying. Btw i hv 1200 plats in my pocket but i wont use it to by mythic, i still use legendary gears that i got from my sweat and blood ))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

When I mean Exclusive I mean Exclusive to people who actually get or buy platinum. For example items that you can only get with platinum. And not through crates or any other way. Not everyone gets platinum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Buying platinum doesn't mean exclusive, it means you have $$$.

Exclusive items should be obtained through hard work and perserverance.
    Lel. You Fanny.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gison For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You fail to understand the definition of Exclusive.
    Limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group.
    For example, Leprechaun amulets. Its an item you can only get exclusively in the Platinum Store. Sure you can buy them in game for 200k but it comes from the Platinum store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rolks View Post
    You fail to understand the definition of Exclusive.
    Limiting or limited to possession, control, or use by a single individual or group.
    For example, Leprechaun amulets. Its an item you can only get exclusively in the Platinum Store. Sure you can buy them in game for 200k but it comes from the Platinum store.
    Exclusive means certain people are "excluded" from having them (notice the similarity in the words?).

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/exclusive

restricted in distribution, use, or appeal because of expense

Nobody is excluded from having items that are sold in the plat store. Even players who don't have any plat can buy them from other players who bought them in the plat store.

If you want to just buy your items, then why even play the game at all? Of what challenge is the game if you buy all of your items for cash? I just don't get it.

Any items sold in the plat store are going to be all over the place, and every other player will have them too. Then players will complain that everyone has the same exact gear and it is no longer fun.

The only way to keep the game interesting and fun is to make it so the best items are very rare and they are exclusive (meaning there are not enough of them to go around to most players). That keeps players working hard to try to achieve those items. Yes, players will complain all the time like little kids that it's too hard (probably some of them are little kids). But in the long run they will actually enjoy the game more even if they don't realize it.

The most boring kind of game is the one that is too easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You're getting off topic kid. Read my original post lol.
    hopefully we can get more items in the Platinum store in the near future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

They can add more items, but they won't have as good stats as the items that drop in the game, so not a lot of players will buy them. That's why they haven't bothered. They seem to be sticking to vanity items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faychen View Post
    Yesterday i came across a tank who asking me for gold. But he has Malison with him, so i refused. Then he show me slag and other lengendary pets which he claimed that he bought by plats. But he has only 128 gold. He is maybe a sammer, but if what he said is true, I think there is no meaning to hunt, to farm, to play. Ppl with credit cards can get good stuffs without trying. Btw i hv 1200 plats in my pocket but i wont use it to by mythic, i still use legendary gears that i got from my sweat and blood ))
    he is a scammer. if he can buy pets thru plats he can easily buy gold thru plats as well

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Platinum Store

Yeah
    Why shouldn't I be able to purchase mythic and arcane items?
    (Even have them made to order,displaying my own colours and motto)

All your Plat are belong to Sam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Platinum Store

If I needed,say, new golf clubs, I wouldn't wait until a box appeared,containing them.I would go out and buy my own exclusive set

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Platinum Store

One further point.
    The market for legendary items has collapsed,even some legendaries , previously being sold for tens of thousands ,are now going for a song.The addition of more mythics and arcanes would liven up the market somewhat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    They can add more items, but they won't have as good stats as the items that drop in the game, so not a lot of players will buy them. That's why they haven't bothered. They seem to be sticking to vanity items.
    I wouldn't mind a little vanity items, but I would like some non-plat users to be able to get rare-er vanities than the one in the plat store.

It shows that the devs doesn't want non-plat users to be excluded.
    And yes, I agree. The game is mostly revolving around platinum usage nowadays.

If you have plat, it's easy getting rich.
    Lel. You Fanny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

It might be a good idea to make it possible to buy elite weapon drops from a platinum shop

Entombed hammer of warfare/nordr jewel of brutality/rogue dagger weap forgot its name- 250 plat

I dont mind letting people not farm and just buy their gear long as its possible to farm the same gear from elite bosses

It does bother me a lil bit that i work hard for what other just buy but the bigger picture is better revenue for sts and maybe ease up on the crate craze.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Platinum Store

The 'exclusivity' referred to earlier in the thread is not a healthy exclusivity.
    It is a small group of players that are able to put up on the cs items with a price tag of up to
    60 million gold ...and those that are able to buy them.They are in the position to control the market.
    In my view,there should either be a vending cap or, more desirably, make more of the expensive high-end mythics and arcanes available to a much wider player base.
    There is an insidious elitism in this game-a game which should be INCLUSIVE rather than EXCLUSIVE

All your plat are belong to sam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Honestly the people who rule the Market are Higher Lvl players who Farm items with the help of Re-Roll Amulets and Elixir's. Items such as Mythics and Legendary armor and weapons. That's what everyone needs and shoots for in the game. Its really hard to get rich from strictly platinum when the most Expensive item
    you can buy and resell is Leprechaun Amulets for 200k and they're expensive Platinum wise. You should be able to get more bang for your buck. In Game prices are always going up and down due to supply and demand we need something to balance it out. More Exclusive items in the Platinum store will bring in more players and players willing to pay and contribute to the game.
    In other MMORPGs that I've played their Cash Shop had an extensive collection of things you can buy. A couple more items added to the Platinum store wouldn't hurt. It would make the game more interesting just like expansions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Honestly the people who rule the Market are Higher Lvl players who Farm items with the help of Re-Roll Amulets and Elixir's. Items such as Mythics and Legendary armor and weapons. That's what everyone needs and shoots for in the game. Its really hard to get rich from strictly platinum when the most Expensive item
    you can buy and resell is Leprechaun Amulets for 200k and they're expensive Platinum wise. You should be able to get more bang for your buck.
    Sorry, but I think most players would disagree with you. You should not be able to get rich just by spending platinum. Excellence in the game should be achieved only by hard work and skill. If it were easy to achieve in this game just by spending money, then most players would quit and find another game, and then this game would suddenly look quite empty.

This is not a "pay to win" game, and STS has made it clear they do not intend to ever make it that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

you can buy and resell is Leprechaun Amulets for 200k and they're expensive Platinum wise. You should be able to get more bang for your buck. In Game prices are always going up and down due to supply and demand we need something to balance it out. More Exclusive items in the Platinum store will bring in more players and players willing to pay and contribute to the game.
    In other MMORPGs that I've played their Cash Shop had an extensive collection of things you can buy. A couple more items added to the Platinum store wouldn't hurt. It would make the game more interesting just like expansions.
    Just like I said, with platinum you're practically rich.

"Exclusive items should be obtained by hard work and perserverance".
    Lel. You Fanny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't think you guys are reading my post. I'm not talking about getting rich via Platinum. I stated that it is hard getting Rich via Platinum when the most you can make is 200k for Selling Leprechaun Amulets. And 200k is nothing LOL. The main topic of my post is for them to add more items to the Platinum store and that's it. Only reason I made this post is because my Platinum is for Personal use only. I'd like to see more items in the store that I could personally benefit from as well as other players.