Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Catch that ONADE!

Forum Adept Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Wink Catch that ONADE!

At first I though I am the only person who notices how timidly resilient this toon is.
    I only start playing last May or June perhaps and only started joining CTF around mid July.
    I never thought this "knight" who never spoke a word already existed eons before I did.
    Now that a thread has been made about him and about an advocacy for him, the AIM of this thread is for your toon to have a "Screenshot" with this legendary being.
    No contests, no rewards, no prizes, no whatsoever, Just a show of support to this awesome guy that's usually underrated (and farmed I guess) yet still stands up to do what he is supposed to do. Attack thin air and protect the flag.

I will post mine once I see him again. Hope you do to.

Outstanding-Non-Affectionate-Destroyer-Elite

#Onade

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Capt. A: We need a plan of attack!
    Stark: I have a plan... Attack!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default Catch that ONADE!

Last edited by Producers; 08-04-2013 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

onade can be easily found at ctf maps.
    Should be more challenging to Capture him doing PvE.

btw his pve kills is at 100k, thats almost the same kill counts if i combine both my toon pve kill.

Forum Adept Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

well, I did not set any parameters on where to catch him may it be PvP or PvE. But I guess whoever catches him doing PvE deserves a token of appreciation. I think you'll get a hundred mythics from self-farmed locked crates before you see him do PvE.

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Capt. A: We need a plan of attack!
    Stark: I have a plan... Attack!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default Catch that ONADE!

Yay to onade!

But why so many threads o.O
    Credits to Iady

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    But why so many threads o.O
    LOL, don't question it. It's the new harlem shake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Seriousky stop posting 600 posts about this guy. We get it, he's cool.

Besides since you post it in the pvp thread it's obvious you know where he's found

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Actually, i've never seen this guy anywhere besides pvp...
    AL-Freelancer

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I am surprised the moderators have not stepped in to stop these threads which all pertain to one subject. I know plenty of "cool" people who play STS games, some for years now. I have never seen this much "charity" for a single player. Have you guys ever thought that maybe this player uses his/her "quite" and "humble" status to hoard all sorts of items and gold? Before the hate comes rolling in, it's called having perspective.

If these threads continue to be "successful", then we can all expect for a flood of "Help my friend ......, he needs gear!" threads.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I am surprised the moderators have not stepped in to stop these threads which all pertain to one subject. I know plenty of "cool" people who play STS games, some for years now. I have never seen this much "charity" for a single player. Have you guys ever thought that maybe this player uses his/her "quite" and "humble" status to hoard all sorts of items and gold? Before the hate comes rolling in, it's called having perspective.

If these threads continue to be "successful", then we can all expect for a flood of "Help my friend ......, he needs gear!" threads.

Hm..a fair perspective tho its abit intimidating especially for such player as onade.the predicted outcome is not wrong. thanks for your inputs.
    A call-to-action that move people might not be that loose as you foresee. as this game has grown beyond pure fun but also growing as a social community binded by its people,there may be numerous new ways to celebrate or adding the spice to its content offering just to ensure the vibrancy. since we deal with real people masked by their toon, why should we limit ourselves then?

personally i would not be bothered to participate in such "Help my friend ......, he needs gear!" threads. when the reason is not strong enough to move me.even posts on scammers and how poor the victim was.if theres a group of friend who decided to post such thread and help i would allow them.why because theres nothing wrong for people to share their thoughts and views in forum.as how we randomly view and commented on post that is not meeting our interests.why bother viewing it or commenting on it?but since we r people we cant help it can we.

i wouldnt underestimate such ignorance from the community to take part i something they dont believe.if you feel onade would creae the spark for beggars to start begging in forum or posting helps etc i must say it is happening already and never an issue coz people simply not bothered.for reasons as he might tricked us i leave it to faith then.its like answering how do you know someone is a scammer.the purpose nvr intend to give him special attention nor inviting new scams or scammers but to display how AL has grown as a virtual community with positive values.

the same concept to famous person in guild or simply fans club.why not?

and i agree.too many threads now on him it makes people sick.my apologies.
    semi-retired

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfai For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    Hm..a fair perspective tho its abit intimidating especially for such player as onade.the predicted outcome is not wrong. thanks for your inputs.
    A call-to-action that move people might not be that loose as you foresee. as this game has grown beyond pure fun but also growing as a social community binded by its people,there may be numerous new ways to celebrate or adding the spice to its content offering just to ensure the vibrancy. since we deal with real people masked by their toon, why should we limit ourselves then?

personally i would not be bothered to participate in such "Help my friend ......, he needs gear!" threads. when the reason is not strong enough to move me.even posts on scammers and how poor the victim was.if theres a group of friend who decided to post such thread and help i would allow them.why because theres nothing wrong for people to share their thoughts and views in forum.as how we randomly view and commented on post that is not meeting our interests.why bother viewing it or commenting on it?but since we r people we cant help it can we.

i wouldnt underestimate such ignorance from the community to take part i something they dont believe.if you feel onade would creae the spark for beggars to start begging in forum or posting helps etc i must say it is happening already and never an issue coz people simply not bothered.for reasons as he might tricked us i leave it to faith then.its like answering how do you know someone is a scammer.the purpose nvr intend to give him special attention nor inviting new scams or scammers but to display how AL has grown as a virtual community with positive values.

the same concept to famous person in guild or simply fans club.why not?

and i agree.too many threads now on him it makes people sick.my apologies.
    Why would anyone, in any game, be "intimidated" by a post, thread, or player. You make it sound as if you have known this player for your entire life. If you want, I can give you countless examples of "loved" or "respected" community members over the past 3 years whom have all fooled the community.

Also, if this player is so well known in-game, why the need to post threads on forums to gather donations? How does anyone on forums know that one of you who are so driven to help this person isn't actually Onade. For all we know, each one of you could be involved in a group "scam" to benefit off of others generosity.

Listen, I am all about helping people and showing compassion and empathy. That is why you see the title under my name. However, I have also seen many, MANY STS/G players whom have been burned by showing a player sentiment. You will understand better when you've been around as long as some of us have been.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Why would anyone, in any game, be "intimidated" by a post, thread, or player. You make it sound as if you have known this player for your entire life. If you want, I can give you countless examples of "loved" or "respected" community members over the past 3 years whom have all fooled the community.

Also, if this player is so well known in-game, why the need to post threads on forums to gather donations? How does anyone on forums know that one of you who are so driven to help this person isn't actually Onade. For all we know, each one of you could be involved in a group "scam" to benefit off of others generosity.

Listen, I am all about helping people and showing compassion and empathy. That is why you see the title under my name. However, I have also seen many, MANY STS/G players whom have been burned by showing a player sentiment. You will understand better when you've been around as long as some of us have been.
    I may not be here long enough to understand how the realm and people works.i certainly appreciate your views based on your seniority and title which i believe is trying to prevent another foolish incident for the interest of the community.

Honestly.i do believe that this is yet a different flavour to the already expected contents in foruns either sharing knowledge,fighting or complaining.
    Imho i admit i fail to see the epic aftermatch of what this might caused.i owe you and the community my apologies for creating such content.

I leave it to sts to shut down the thread as i will keep this effort within game and groups rather than blasting out in public.it might offend anyone or trigger bad memories.whether i knw the person to well or involve in a group scam clearly my title draws attention without reading thru my post or thinking thru or extracting my rationales. Still i value such inputs from the seniors in the community who have seen this thru in the past and knows how it ends tho i expect more constructive comments from those who have seen things.

I apologize should the thread or post are offensive.i mean no harm.cheers
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

I may not be here long enough to understand how the realm and people works.i certainly appreciate your views based on your seniority and title which i believe is trying to prevent another foolish incident for the interest of the community.

Honestly.i do believe that this is yet a different flavour to the already expected contents in foruns either sharing knowledge,fighting or complaining.
    Imho i admit i fail to see the epic aftermatch of what this might caused.i owe you and the community my apologies for creating such content.

I leave it to sts to shut down the thread as i will keep this effort within game and groups rather than blasting out in public.it might offend anyone or trigger bad memories.whether i knw the person to well or involve in a group scam clearly my title draws attention without reading thru my post or thinking thru or extracting my rationales. Still i value such inputs from the seniors in the community who have seen this thru in the past and knows how it ends tho i expect more constructive comments from those who have seen things.

I apologize should the thread or post are offensive.i mean no harm.cheers
    semi-retired

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Gonna shut this one down now.

*click*
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com