Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More's Comprehensive Bird Pvp Guide.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MorewizardForums View Post
    Riddle me why pro birds at the last cap get beaten my lucky newcomers At 76.

I never said endgame takes NO skill. Just luck/dodge plays a larger factor.

I don't get how evade as no. 1 is saddening. Idk if you use any birds w/o evade. But evade helps dex burds tremendously.

I think "Pvp" in the title is self explanitory.

Excluding all of that, this is my first guide, but im not NEW to pl by any standards. So please dont come on my guide to flame me. Criticism is alright. But try doing it like chicken or others, As I spent hours on this.

Thanks.
    Yes, a newcomer can win an old veteran in a 1v1 situation but especially in ctf the skill is still the determining factor in end game. I couldn't comment about the guide itself as I am not a twinker. I only play end game. By ur guide I can tell that u r not an end gamer. End game bird is more familiar to me than to u and I am just personally annoyed when ppl say "end game is just pure luck".

The Evasion then... It wasn't specifically an "insult" towards u or to ur guide, it was an alltogether observation how ppl these days value Evasion over everything on bird. The mentality has changed that's all.

And about "plz dont post if u dont praise my work, i spent hours making it", just come on. Just because u have done a big amount of work for something, it doesn't mean we should automatically praise it. I said my opinions, nothing was related directly towards ur guide and still u went all defence mode towards me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Yes, a newcomer can win an old veteran in a 1v1 situation but especially in ctf the skill is still the determining factor in end game. I couldn't comment about the guide itself as I am not a twinker. I only play end game. By ur guide I can tell that u r not an end gamer. End game bird is more familiar to me than to u and I am just personally annoyed when ppl say "end game is just pure luck".

The Evasion then... It wasn't specifically an "insult" towards u or to ur guide, it was an alltogether observation how ppl these days value Evasion over everything on bird. The mentality has changed that's all.

And about "plz dont post if u dont praise my work, i spent hours making it", just come on. Just because u have done a big amount of work for something, it doesn't mean we should automatically praise it. I said my opinions, nothing was related directly towards ur guide and still u went all defence mode towards me.
    Again I never said engame was pure luck, just that it seems like luck plays a bigger factor than twinking/past caps.

Also, I don't value evade over eveything. If I had a choice between maxed evade, or 1 shatter 5 Blast I'd probably choose the latter, yet as a whole it's better to have 6 evade than 0 imo, As without it drain fire at any level would be an insta kill.

I don't expect you to praise my work, I just don't expect you to attack my guide over your own personal opinions. When I clearly stated in my guide that I don't want people outright flaming me over my opinions. Constructive criticism is fine, picking apart my guide and discrediting it isn't. And, as I had spent time on it, I only went defense mode on you because I felt like I had to protect my guide from the evil dudetus's flaming.

I don't mind if you say "I don't think endgame is pure luck, I don't think evade is THAT important, and you should include twinking in the title." But using words and phrases such as "saddening" and "Riddle me" makes me feel you're attacking me and my guide personally, instead of just criticizing it.
    PL: Moreavian, Swerveyolo,
    AL: Fightclub, Swag, Twitter, Merch, Mercher.
    DL: Morewizard
    SL: Morewizard, itsdubstep, Santaeng, Drdre.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MorewizardForums View Post
    Again I never said engame was pure luck, just that it seems like luck plays a bigger factor than twinking/past caps.

Also, I don't value evade over eveything. If I had a choice between maxed evade, or 1 shatter 5 Blast I'd probably choose the latter, yet as a whole it's better to have 6 evade than 0 imo, As without it drain fire at any level would be an insta kill.

I don't expect you to praise my work, I just don't expect you to attack my guide over your own personal opinions. When I clearly stated in my guide that I don't want people outright flaming me over my opinions. Constructive criticism is fine, picking apart my guide and discrediting it isn't. And, as I had spent time on it, I only went defense mode on you because I felt like I had to protect my guide from the evil dudetus's flaming.

I don't mind if you say "I don't think endgame is pure luck, I don't think evade is THAT important, and you should include twinking in the title." But using words and phrases such as "saddening" and "Riddle me" makes me feel you're attacking me and my guide personally, instead of just criticizing it.
    Lol. You should know no other than an endgamer knows everything about it's class. He isn't attacking you either.. I bet calling him an evil flamer is worse. Wouldn't be smart to argue with an experienced endgame bird about bird pvp as a twinker.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I think we need to be considerate and sensitive regardless of what people say on forums - because people can easily take something offensive through text when the writer may just think it's sarcasm. Vice versa too, that the writer should be conscious of what he/she writes. Hoorraayyy, world peace.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

I personally would not recomend somone's guide, who say L66+ bird pvp is pure luck instead of having several good points and few weak points also in this guide.

There are so many myths, for few, the bird class is total luck based.

Sometime peoples just follow trends blindly just for example a l76 mage called birds r op, when I killed him with a 10lvl lower bird, only cuz this term is common that birds are op at endgame, funny I was op with a l66 sun god set.

There are few lvls (lower) where mages crit is less than 100% buffed, if they don't crit their chance is narrow, what would you say they don't depand on luck? Bears are most dodgy, y their pvp is not lucky then?

these are not the fact that make pvp so called luck based, rather knowing these facts and act accordingly is decent pvp.

Birds is the most fragile class (no not int mages, at many lvls they can be consider as semi-tank, due to high heal and ms) dodge is just a deffese mechanism for the weak class.

Unbalanced fact is not that why bird or someone dodge something that is not pure luck either, that is well calculated luck that devs added to act like that way,

The problem is that Extra op dodge, that should be balanced.

Again if you play L66+ PVP in a way dat u dodged becon or drain otherwise ur dead, I.e pure luck for you than seriously u need to learn many more things about birds and higher level pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

gasp what if some people...are just luckier than others? O.o!
    Anyway, I think most people are getting being overpowered and lucky mixed up. Lucky means that things that have less chance of occurring, occur more often for you. So if you wanna get technical, dodges at 49% dodge are lucky, because you have a higher chance of not dodging than dodging. However, I'd say a common sense borderline would be 65%-35%. Anyway, since at endgame it appears you have more than 60-70% dodge, I'd say it's rather not being LUCKY as it is being OVERPOWERED and IMBALANCED, ya see.

And lol @ LegendFB, it is not well calculated luck for devs to add a random 50%+ dodge rate that lasts as long as it does. It's being lazy and continually just adding stats to items and skills to points without understanding the outcomes.

Take Fbows, (I hate to bring it into the conversation but it is something I know well.) The devs certainly did not seem to take into account that hit% means a lot in twinking when they added the blinding shot proc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Sorry I did not completely comprehend your posts, I just saw that you wanted to remove extra op dodge. Yeah, but that would take a lot of extra op dodge off. Since dodge is not a skill based factor in this game and is just a roll of dice basically, the percentages for crit, dodge should be no higher than...40%, 50%. Whatever.

Let's face it: the game need a major re-balance and I think part of the reason devs are holding back is because of the presumed backlash from any change from the forum community, which makes up little part of the game community.
    Last edited by DivineMoustache; 08-10-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Nice guide! You put a lot of time into this, as I have a 69 bird in progress. I'll be happy to level it to 75 - thanks, again.
    Hehehe 69. I mean we're all mature, so... AHAHA nevermind 69. Keep it at that level, it's not really fu... AHAHA 69 really. Look at that.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    I personally would not recomend somone's guide, who say L66+ bird pvp is pure luck instead of having several good points and few weak points also in this guide.

There are so many myths, for few, the bird class is total luck based.

Sometime peoples just follow trends blindly just for example a l76 mage called birds r op, when I killed him with a 10lvl lower bird, only cuz this term is common that birds are op at endgame, funny I was op with a l66 sun god set.

There are few lvls (lower) where mages crit is less than 100% buffed, if they don't crit their chance is narrow, what would you say they don't depand on luck? Bears are most dodgy, y their pvp is not lucky then?

these are not the fact that make pvp so called luck based, rather knowing these facts and act accordingly is decent pvp.

Birds is the most fragile class (no not int mages, at many lvls they can be consider as semi-tank, due to high heal and ms) dodge is just a deffese mechanism for the weak class.

Unbalanced fact is not that why bird or someone dodge something that is not pure luck either, that is well calculated luck that devs added to act like that way,

The problem is that Extra op dodge, that should be balanced.

Again if you play L66+ PVP in a way dat u dodged becon or drain otherwise ur dead, I.e pure luck for you than seriously u need to learn many more things about birds and higher level pvp.
    I believe birds are considered pure luck because bird vs. bird looks like Blast gf! ahaha you're a noob I owned you with my 500 blast and 300 auto attack. Whileas if you play bear vs. mage/bird, even though you hit the bear, at least lower levels (50-65), he can still recover, so can mage if he manages to escape the bear. Only birds with their +-50 dodge are either killed on 2 hits or have (possibly) 10 dodge spree. It's quire hard to explain, but do you at least roughly get my point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Nice guide

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Gj MOARPLZAVIAN. I vote for Mage/bear. I'm making rhinos guide probably.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..