Thread: respec slot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Lightbulb respec slot

Im not sire maybe someone suggested something like this already, but imma post again, and imma post here, because not many ppl look suggestion page. Well i always wanna respec depending on do i want to do pvp or pve. Respec is 5plat, n i usually do free offers for it, but wouldn't it be nice if u could buy respec slot, like inventory slots and auction slots, it would be much easier to swich between the respec, took less time. What do u guys think?

<Pride>

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hinataa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts

You mean like the loadouts? Would be a great idea but only if you buy the respec once and then you can use it forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I don't like this idea at all. Some players with more plat will have multiple spec slots and it will give them a big advantage in pvp.

A better idea is for every player to automatically have a pvp spec and a pve spec, and the system switches your spec automatically depending on where you are at the moment. Once you give the players control and make it easy to switch when you want to, it will be abused.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

It is a great idea! Was suggested back in season 2 when pvp started, particularly by mages for whom there was little overlap between pvp and pve builds. There was an actual response from the developers saying that they would look into it! Lolz You see where that went. I still think it is a great idea and fully support it, but unfortunately I think this is a nice revenue stream for STS. At least I know I have probably spent several hundred plat on respecs since pvp has started. I would be willing to spend 100-200 plat or more to purchase just one slot if they ever decided to make one available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Raise funds for those who cant afford it vs rich plata users.

Why not?
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

But ener they have advantage anyway, they can respec whenever they want, but i do like ur idea bout automatically change, also they can make like u have max of 3 or 2 spec places

<Pride>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'll explain what the problem is with having it so that you can control changing between your 2 specs. Instead of having one pvp spec and one pve spec, some players will instead decide to have 2 different pvp specs, and will have the advantage of being able to switch between them mid-battle. And so then we are back to the same original problem of needing a third spec for pve, and the cycle continues......

Make it so it automatically switches to your pvp spec when you are in a pvp area, and it automatically switches to pve spec when you are in a pve area. Then everyone will use both spec slots as intended. If they want, let them even charge some plat to enable this feature. But at least they can be sure it will be use as intended, and not abused by those who want a further advantage in pvp.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alfai View Post
    Raise funds for those who cant afford it vs rich plata users.

Why not?
    Alf alf alf... Why u no raise funds for I?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'll explain what the problem is with having it so that you can control changing between your 2 specs. Instead of having one pvp spec and one pve spec, some players will instead decide to have 2 different pvp specs, and will have the advantage of being able to switch between them mid-battle. And so then we are back to the same original problem of needing a third spec for pve, and the cycle continues......

Make it so it automatically switches to your pvp spec when you are in a pvp area, and it automatically switches to pve spec when you are in a pve area. Then everyone will use both spec slots as intended. If they want, let them even charge some plat to enable this feature. But at least they can be sure it will be use as intended, and not abused by those who want a further advantage in pvp.
    As it is now you can't respec in pvp if you try. They can just make it so you still couldn't change your spec while in a pvp match, and then there should be no problem. For example, someone like yourself would not be able to change between a rogue killing vs a warrior killing vs a flag running build during a single match, but you could still do so between matches or if you left and rejoined a match. This is just how it is now, but you would not have to pay each time you respec or waste as much time with a respec if you paid a larger upfront fee.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yeah, I don't like some players being able to change in between matches without paying. If we are going to have 2 specs, make one the pvp spec and one the pve spec, and have them automatically switch based on where you are located. If you want to change one of those specs, then you have to pay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I agree with drgrimmy, because im not someone who has plat all the time, i would rather pay a lot when i have plat, and don't have to worry that when i use all plat i won't be albe to respec till i don't have plat again. Its just easier, i think there should be 2 slots, so if someone wants to use it on 2pvp slots, let it be, but changing shouldn't be able in pvp arena, so that don't give them big advantage, not like they r goin to go out od arena every 20sec to change rescpec

<Pride>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Great idea. I'm "for" it. I always have those builds but I forget them >.<
    Lel. You Fanny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Alf alf alf... Why u no raise funds for I?
    Coz you responding..and dont heal without purpose..
    Unlike some i know
    semi-retired