Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spawning allowed in PvP...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

I'll be the first to say: Sam, you are way off on your assessment. Why don't we just allow booting at bosses and inappropriate language? I mean, heck, if we don't like it, then leave... right? Let's allow 3+ years of reporting and effort to make this community enjoyable to go straight down the drain.

And to thank a post like the one that said we "need to get over it"? Is it that clear the direction STS/G is heading? With your statement, a door has been opened to ruin playing experiences like no other. Good job.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    I'll be the first to say: Sam, you are way off on your assessment. Why don't we just allow booting at bosses and inappropriate language? I mean, heck, if we don't like it, then leave... right? Let's allow 3+ years of reporting and effort to make this community enjoyable to go straight down the drain.

And to thank a post like the one that said we "need to get over it"? Is it that clear the direction STS/G is heading? With your statement, a door has been opened to ruin playing experiences like no other. Good job.
    Booting before boss is completely different then spawning... and inappropriate language isnt right anywhere not in just a game. The only reason those spawners like azi and his friends got banned was because of his language. They devs cant ban everyone single that spawns... even if that would make a perfect community, there cant be good without evil.

And sam thanked a post saying you need to live with it because im sure he sees many threads like this he sees all the time... just like in real life nothing can be perfect. This game is tons of fun if you avoid anything you dont like.

And about that ruining players experienced thing that everyone always talks about.... there are countless like number of things that can ruin a player's experience, yes its a vague rule but dont try to use it as an excuse for every little thing lol :-)

This wasnt really directed towards you crim but the majority of the people agree with you so this is my view
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotYoCookiez View Post
    Booting before boss is completely different then spawning... and inappropriate language isnt right anywhere not in just a game. The only reason those spawners like azi and his friends got banned was because of his language. They devs cant ban everyone single that spawns... even if that would make a perfect community, there cant be good without evil.

And sam thanked a post saying you need to live with it because im sure he sees many threads like this he sees all the time... just like in real life nothing can be perfect. This game is tons of fun if you avoid anything you dont like.

And about that ruining players experienced thing that everyone always talks about.... there are countless like number of things that can ruin a player's experience, yes its a vague rule but dont try to use it as an excuse for every little thing lol :-)

This wasnt really directed towards you crim but the majority of the people agree with you so this is my view
    If you don't think spawning ruins the playing experience, then you are sadly mistaken. When a new player enters a CTF map for the first time only to be spawned and this continues to happen, their initial thoughts are going to be negative regarding PvP and the PvP part of the community. It is the same as being booted at a boss or seeing inappropriate names/language in a towne as not everyone who plays this game has a lengthy list of friends that many of us on forums do. When people spawn kill, they do not care about their reputation, helping others, or enjoying the game. All they care about are "kills". Just as booters only care about getting pink. Just as potty mouths only care about getting noticed. Admit it or not, it is all relative. However, as stated above, there are those out there who are well known to this community who are known to do this and I have caught them in the act on my alts. Maybe that is the real reason for your argument...

And those who have responded, the many who have responded, as well as the many in game who go after these few individuals, can't all be wrong. I mean, really? You think taking advantage of a players join lag and inability to defend themselves is "a part of the game"?

I think not.

And btw, I have only seen a few things that the community says "ruins a players experience." Each issue is valid and is not an overused excuse as you have made it out to be. This many people saying spawning is wrong over the course of 3+ years cannot be wrong.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 08-15-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

If you don't think spawning ruins the playing experience, then you are sadly mistaken. When a new player enters a CTF map for the first time only to be spawned and this continues to happen, their initial thoughts are going to be negative regarding PvP and the PvP part of the community. It is the same as being booted at a boss or seeing inappropriate names/language in a towne as not everyone who plays this game has a lengthy list of friends that many of us on forums do. When people spawn kill, they do not care about their reputation, helping others, or enjoying the game. All they care about are "kills". Just as booters only care about getting pink. Just as potty mouths only care about getting noticed. Admit it or not, it is all relative. However, as stated above, there are those out there who are well known to this community who are known to do this and I have caught them in the act on my alts. Maybe that is the real reason for your argument...

And those who have responded, the many who have responded, as well as the many in game who go after these few individuals, can't all be wrong. I mean, really? You think taking advantage of a players join lag and inability to defend themselves is "a part of the game"?

I think not.

And btw, I have only seen a few things that the community says "ruins a players experience." Each issue is valid and is not an overused excuse as you have made it out to be. This many people saying spawning is wrong over the course of 3+ years cannot be wrong.
    Yeah I guess to sum it all up, I believe spawning is PART of a player's experience. Everyone experiences this at some point in time if you pvp/ctf. Live and learn I would say. Dont get me wrong, I believe spawning is bad on new players but its one of those things that will never change. Many multiplayer games have some sort of spawning issue. Its part of the online gaming world
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Couldn't have said it any better, just the other day I was being spawned and the players said, this is how pvp was when it first started. I was like, "Ummmmm, no," people showed respect in the beginning. Now it's just a bunch of hooligans running around desperate for kills.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Peanutbritle For This Useful Post: