Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The PL Community as a Whole Today

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I know that many of you consider PL your baby (and home) as well, and I also understand that is is frustrating to not get the updates and support that you would like.

It is a very tough balance for us, and as I have said before this is a VERY tough business to survive in.

We're still here because of the choices we have made, no matter how difficult they have been. And this means that you still have a game to call home, even if it has not been updated in awhile.

Keep on giving us feedback (and thank you for keeping it level). We'll keep on listening, and we'll do everything in our power to balance out the deployment of resources so that we can continue to bring you countless hours of entertainment.
    Last edited by Justg; 08-17-2013 at 11:53 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

If you just implemented something's as simple as a few new ctf styles and maybe balancing endgame you would get me as a fan again.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I know that many of you consider PL your baby (and home) as well, and I also understand that is is frustrating to not get the updates and support that you would like.

It is a very tough balance for us, and as I have said before this is a VERY tough business to survive in.

We're still here because of the choices we have made, no matter how difficult they have been. And this means that you still have a game to call home, even if it has not been updated in awhile.

Keep on giving us feedback (and thank you for keeping it level). We'll keep on listening, and we'll do everything in our power to balance out the deployment of resources so that we can continue to bring you countless hours of entertainment.
    Thank you. "We are doing our best," is all we want to see. It is the silence, or lack of response, which is disheartening and drives frustration.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default The PL Community as a Whole Today

I would like you guys to add the content you guys had the contest on. I don't want that to take too long simple things like that brings more business.Btw can you guys add the new art you already made it idk why you guys haven't added it yet.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Did any of you guys actually click on that link in Justg's post?
    it has a HUGE number of gaming companies that got closed due to insufficient players

I always knew sts constantly had difficulty with running their business but i never knew it was that amount of stress

its good that we have justg or someone here who can actually honestly respond to us and tell us te truth for once.

its not a surprise that the gaming business in modern days, and especially for mobile, which has way less playr database than computers/gaming consoles, is pretty harsh and tough. this STS is not exactly hosting WoW or any of those massive player database games

I can see why sts is forced to take advantage of AL righgt now, as it has 10x the player databse as PL right now, and it is certainly the nature of humans to take advtntage of where they can. this is not necesarily sayingf anyhting bad about STS.

if you think about it, AL is in a similar boat as PL cuz in only a few months AL will be the lifeforce that keeps the other sts games running, along with new instalment of BD!

however, even when devs focus all of ther resource into AL it would be helpful even if you guys made 1 of those "sneek peek" threads like you did for mount fang, nuri hallow and humania!
    Just even a few new pictures or a rough sketch would help to keep playres loyal!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Preach

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrall Wire View Post
    Did any of you guys actually click on that link in Justg's post?
    it has a HUGE number of gaming companies that got closed due to insufficient players

I always knew sts constantly had difficulty with running their business but i never knew it was that amount of stress

its good that we have justg or someone here who can actually honestly respond to us and tell us te truth for once.

its not a surprise that the gaming business in modern days, and especially for mobile, which has way less playr database than computers/gaming consoles, is pretty harsh and tough. this STS is not exactly hosting WoW or any of those massive player database games

I can see why sts is forced to take advantage of AL righgt now, as it has 10x the player databse as PL right now, and it is certainly the nature of humans to take advtntage of where they can. this is not necesarily sayingf anyhting bad about STS.

if you think about it, AL is in a similar boat as PL cuz in only a few months AL will be the lifeforce that keeps the other sts games running, along with new instalment of BD!

however, even when devs focus all of ther resource into AL it would be helpful even if you guys made 1 of those "sneek peek" threads like you did for mount fang, nuri hallow and humania!
    Just even a few new pictures or a rough sketch would help to keep playres loyal!
    Those other studios werenʻt closed necessarily only because of a small player base, it couldʻve been due to poor customer service, no updates, small player base (no revenue), bad management, being sued, or any number of unforeseen circumstances.

All this thread is trying to address is that the players, consumers and income of this game, are concerned with where the game is headed, and I think its fair enough for the players to be vocal about that.

-------AEO-------

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    All this thread is trying to address is that the players, consumers and income of this game, are concerned with where the game is headed, and I think its fair enough for the players to be vocal about that.
    Absolutely fair. I've just tried to lay out how we see things and the market conditions that affect our business decisions.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

Absolutely fair. I've just tried to lay out how we see things and the market conditions that affect our business decisions.
    Wouldn't releasing a cap create a positive market condition?
    Would it not increase the amount of money coming from us pl players?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Appreciate the honest response and thoughts.

Yes, it is a tough market out there. And one way to avoid being eaten is to actually listen to your customers who are unhappy before it's too late.
    New content grows customer bases and spurs lots of spending. In fact, that is your company's business model.

Losing loyal customers is never a good thing for an ongoing business.

also, i doubt this is the vocal minority. Every map I've run where people are talking about the game express the same feelings of boredom, abandonment, frustration. Not once have i ever heard a player say he wished there wasn't any more new content to the game.
    EdtheEagle - Lvl 76 bird a.k.a. "Yeti fodder".
    Curiositee - Lvl 76 mage a.k.a. farmer alt
    Edthe Rhino - Lvl 76 Rhino / Gold Mule ha ha

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #51
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper View Post
    also, i doubt this is the vocal minority. Every map I've run where people are talking about the game express the same feelings of boredom, abandonment, frustration. Not once have i ever heard a player say he wished there wasn't any more new content to the game.
    Of course everyone wants more content. Content is FUN!

Everyone has their just one thing that they would like us to do for their game, be it PL, SL, DL, AL, or BD. Just this one thing and the game would be great, or ok, or even bearable.

Believe it or not, we have huge lists of these things, and other things, and things that we think we need to do to thrive as a business.

And all this stuff, all these thousands upon thousands of things, get prioritized, and tasked and worked on, by our little 30 person shop.

So when Troncaat asks:

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
    Wouldn't releasing a cap increase the amount of money coming from us pl players?
    The answer is yes, we would make some money from that, and create some goodwill with some of our players. But the second part is the tricky part:

Quote Originally Posted by Troncaat View Post
    Wouldn't releasing a cap create a positive market condition?
    The answer is actually no, because we would be affecting a very small percentage of our player base.

So our tasks are constantly shifting and being prioritized while our very limited development bandwidth is assigned to where it can be most effective, and PL continues to run because Spacetime can operate as a business.
    Last edited by Justg; 08-17-2013 at 04:47 PM.
    | | | |

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Oh wow, thank you so much Gary. I never knew that!

It would be really cool if maybe a stickied-thread could be put up answering sorts of questions like Tron did It would relieve a TON of stress and frustration! - But I'm just throwing that out there, of course.

Thanks again
    Last edited by XghostzX; 08-17-2013 at 08:43 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #53
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Thank you XghostX, these are good conversations to have.
    | | | |

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Thank you XghostX, these are good conversations to have.
    They are good conversations. Too bad they have taken this long to occur, but it IS a positive.

Now, it is the weekend. Stop working and spend time with the family.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

Justg, that type of insight can go a long way in making me more patient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

It is nice to see people giving feedback to stg in a mature way.
    It's also great to see stg respond without blowing us off.

I have hope…

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Thanks, g. After hearing your response, I suddenly felt like something big is coming, Like what Uncle Crim said "We are doing our Best" is what we wanted to hear. Thanks, g and will.

~Soul
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Wow..just those posts from JustG made me feel happy.
    I may be easily the youngest player in PL who is actually really into this game, but it doesn't change my thoughts.
    I myself have took a break from PL, and I've been playing other MMO's and games.
    As Crim said, just seeing "we are doing our best" made me immediately feel better. So did the multiple answers from G.
    I think that, the think that most players are annoyed at, more than anything else (they might not even notice it), more than OP dodge. Blast, FBs, spawners, is the lack of answers.
    Why? Because people try to withstand the annoyance (which is very common now) of yolasitepeople, spawners, etc, and they do want an answer for that. If they Devs just stay quiet and mum, they get even more impatient and angrier.
    Now that JustG has spoken to us more than any dev has in the last couple months, we feel much, much, better.
    So here a big Thank You to Justg, who went out and talked to us (even on weekend!).
    Thank You.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Default The PL Community as a Whole Today

Haha! This is great, I know STS's reasoning now. Like shadow said above, "it made me happy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Amazing, so worth reading all the of the posts. Thank your so much g, for the thorough responses.

It has helped so much, more than you know.