Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion on Mages being overpowered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff View Post
    In my opinion, vholt should just stay support.
    Let the warrior and rogue do the killing.
    I like the way you think ;D

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Wow I really thought this would be pl thread I'd pop in lol and go play al. The only thing the "mage" is op at is falling down. Far and away the lowest armor no dodge and low crit.

Either the op is a troll post or your slightly mad. Oh and this mana heal nonsense the sorc class dies far to fast to take advantage of it. Those that are using it in pvp have it to refill the one button instant win machine that is as.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Let's go through a bit of wonderful gaming history:

If you were ever a hardcore WoW pvp fan, you would have experienced 13 (is it 14 now?) seasons of horrible pvp, where each season had an OP class. In WoW you have about 10 classes, and then each class can basically perform the role of a tank / dd / healer, so you have about 30 archetypes that could be OP each season. As you can see, that leads to a lot of BS happening every season. I'm sure you can look up great rants on how spriest was OP or warlocks were OP in season 4, etc. And think about how big WoW pvp was. You could be playing pvp full time if you were good enough. Yet Blizzard could not make every class completely balanced.

The point I'm trying to make is that even a big company like Blizzard producing the world's biggest MMO can't balance its pvp system because pvp is simply so diverse that a dev can't account for every single change and factor. That being said, I do think that the class system in AL needs a rework, such as a desperate need for a healer, but I do understand that pvp is impossible to balance unless you designate each class to perform one specific role. Mage could be cc/support, rogue could be dps, warrior could be tank, and then a priest could be a healer, so then you could only have one class doing damage (rogue), other classes doing minor damage, and then 1-2 specific healers. But that would be silly because in pvp there is no such thing as a tank unless he had about 50 taunts.

So there you have it, a brief history and understanding of the pvp system.

p.s. As a final note, if you are going to complain about something, offer some good reasoning otherwise no one will listen. It's easy to point out the advantages of each class without considering every other class at hand, so if you are going to offer reasoning, don't say "omgeee mage 25 second stun OP", say, "Mages are broken because they have a way of hitting a stun through a wall and guarantee their stun first in any engagement. So if they can stun first no matter what and then keep you stunned for 25 seconds then you can see how this is OP". Obviously what I just said isn't true but you get what I mean. Offer arguments that prove that it has no counterplay. That's what makes something OP.
    Last edited by jabu69; 08-18-2013 at 09:08 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jabu69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Psykopathic28 View Post
    So let's take a trip through AL history

Season 1 - rogues Op in elites cuz they only ones for fast time runs then.

Season 2 - rogues Op in pvp with Arcane hooks and still dominating time runs.

Season 3 - Ever fought 3-4 mauls at once? Even 2? Warriors got their arcanes this season and are hardcore OP but who cares. A few deaths ain't gonna take any1 off the leaderboard. I can own about any rogue on the game 1v1 but I can't touch any 1/2 decent warrior.

Season 4 - mages finally get their Arcane and we will be OP just like the rogues and warriors before us. So I would suggest either switching classes or preparing to taste our 3 seasons worth of lil blue wrath that's gonna unleash all over AL

And P.S. - no one who's class has a 1-hit KO button should complain about other classes being OP

Just my 2 cents. Happy pvp'ing

(My seasons may be slightly off when things release but u get the picture lol )
    You're missing Season 1 actually.. -_-

There was a 16 cap, 21, 26, 31, and now 36.. (5)

~| SL: Sheriff - Burglar - Aracnus - Twink | PL: Excruciate | DL: Aracnus - Alarm | AL: Sacred - Slug |~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uziscata View Post
    Im sure this issue has been brought up multiple times. But here goes again.
    it is so unfair that mages get a 30second stun, plus a shield and now if you have a proper spec they can hit you down to like 10% then you cant even do anything cause your permanently stunned. How is is that mages can have a shield, a stun, the ability to hit you and your health like drops below 20%, and then have a heal for mana and health.
    ANd then mages complain about rogues being able to 1 hit you. Im sorry but that barely ever happens cause mages have a shield, and they can 1 hit rogues just as easily. And a crit is just lucky.
    Where as mages have shield, stun all the time.
    Whats the point in even fighting when your stunned for 30 seconds non stop.
    Please do something about this. It's actually really annoying.
    And I dont care about haters posting on this.
    Post all you want everyone knows its true.
    If what you say is true, then how come the CTF & TDM kills leaderboards are not flooded with sorcerers. In fact, it is almost all rogues on the kills leaderboards. If sorcerers were the most powerful, then they would obviously have the most kills. Would they not?

Also, notice how in the PvP tournament last month there were no sorcerers that advanced beyond the quarter finals. It was all warrior/rogue teams. If sorcerers are so powerful, then how come all of the sorcerer teams got knocked out so early?

How about producing some actual evidence of your claims. There are leaderboards and there have been pvp tournaments. Surely your claims can be backed up by those results, can't they be?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Ah.. makes me remember when mages cried that rogues are OP in 1st two seasons. ..
    Anyways. .. Rogues still 1 hit us many times... and are more tougher in season 3..
    As an example. ... look at ipredator the rogue player. .. he is so good in pvp. . Very hard to defeat even with warriors maul..
    Its just the way u use your skills... use them correctly and u will still be OP..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    Sorc are way Overpowered.
    YES, ATLAST!
    ....says the guy who won the pvp tournament with his warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Lol agree ..haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uziscata View Post
    No cause wars with mauls are still hard to beat.
    And ur forgetting the 30 second long stun? ur talking about being able to 2 hit a mage. How can we do that when we are stunned?
    cause when we arent stunned its already too late.
    Im not gona argue with u over this, But Imagine what mages are gona be like after expansion?...
    rogues get one good thing which is aim shot crit.. MAges get stun, crit, and a shield..
    think about that.
    Rogues get dodge, crit, damage, AS, DPS, and armor. Mages get stun, damage, and a shield.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    i will always be kind to smurfs

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I want to be a smurf

But I hate lvling -_-

Forum Adept Alfred Emmanuel Tanopo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

ONADE is overpowered. not mages nor rouges

• Azgauth • Warrior •

Capt. A: We need a plan of attack!
    Stark: I have a plan... Attack!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post
    Ah.. makes me remember when mages cried that rogues are OP in 1st two seasons. ..
    Anyways. .. Rogues still 1 hit us many times... and are more tougher in season 3..
    As an example. ... look at ipredator the rogue player. .. he is so good in pvp. . Very hard to defeat even with warriors maul..
    Its just the way u use your skills... use them correctly and u will still be OP..
    Dat moment when youre on the other team
    Credits to Iady

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    i will always be kind to smurfs
    Traitorrrrr

Come back to smurfing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psykopathic28 View Post
    so let's take a trip through al history

season 1 - rogues op in elites cuz they only ones for fast time runs then.

Season 2 - rogues op in pvp with arcane hooks and still dominating time runs.

Season 3 - ever fought 3-4 mauls at once? Even 2? Warriors got their arcanes this season and are hardcore op but who cares. A few deaths ain't gonna take any1 off the leaderboard. I can own about any rogue on the game 1v1 but i can't touch any 1/2 decent warrior.

Season 4 - mages finally get their arcane and we will be op just like the rogues and warriors before us. So i would suggest either switching classes or preparing to taste our 3 seasons worth of lil blue wrath that's gonna unleash all over al

and p.s. - no one who's class has a 1-hit ko button should complain about other classes being op

just my 2 cents. Happy pvp'ing

(my seasons may be slightly off when things release but u get the picture lol )

nice! Good luck to all mages its season 4 its your turn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Sorcerers aren't OP. Rogues and Warriors may have the best skills for protect of them.

When shield has gone the sorcerer is dead.

I enjoy a lot when a smurf is in my pvp team.... They are necessaries for winning!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

From what I see on forum....

Mages are OP cause of stun and curse.... warriors are OP cause of maul and proc..... rogues are op cause of crit hit..... slag is op cause of stun..... samael is op cause of stun....

Dear STS, please delete the game and this would make everyone happy....

Hope you felt my sarcasm......

Stop complaning and play the game guys.... each class has his own power... but also his weekness.

Have fun and enjoy the game.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paulsebi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

If I had a Maul....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Oh geez, rogues will shake their 'butts' cause now it's turn for mage expansion. Thread title is lame. All knows smurf will fall first on elites, first in pvp. That is clear. Rogues says our shield is OP. No. You can Shot it wid Aimed and shield gone away. Rogues says Our Lightnin is OP... LMAO Their Aimed is OP... And that recover rate... Rogues says our Stun is Op... We need to have somethin OP LMAO..

Smurfs have great stun but...

- Low armor
    - Low survivality (lower that rogue...)

Who cares we can stun if we r dead?

GF Rogues... We wait two seasons for that. Now You should sit tight and wait for another rogue expansion...
    Im killed by envy of Rogers.. WTF

PS. Agree wid Paul.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadroth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deadroth View Post
    Oh geez, rogues will shake their 'butts' cause now it's turn for mage expansion. Thread title is lame. All knows smurf will fall first on elites, first in pvp. That is clear. Rogues says our shield is OP. No. You can Shot it wid Aimed and shield gone away Thats impossible versus a good build unless its a crit - Maybe you need to get a new build? str passives make shield last longer. Rogues says Our Lightnin is OP... LMAO Their Aimed is OP... And that recover rate... Rogues says our Stun is Op... We need to have somethin OP LMAO..

Smurfs have great stun but...

- Low armor armor is sacrificed for damage. A mage can have 360 damage easily...
    - Low survivality (lower that rogue...) Thats not true. Mages have the shield which gives 2 seconds of invulnerability which gives you 2 seconds to finish a rogue off without being touched.

Who cares we can stun if we r dead?

GF Rogues... We wait two seasons for that. Now You should sit tight and wait for another rogue expansion...I just hate the fact that expansions have to be classified by which class owns pve/pvp...why cant all arcane weapons be released at same time so no classes cry about others being OP. I just want one season where all classes are balanced, the L31 cap is balanced. If you mages cant kill rogues then you need to rethink your technique or build, if you rogues cant kill mages - get a better build/technique because I have no problem killing a mage 1v1 after I changed my technique. FFS stop crying everyone

Im killed by envy of Rogers.. WTF

PS. Agree wid Paul.
    Sorry roth I had to quote you to get my point across

@OP, pm me if you want to improve your technique against mages
    @paul, not everyone is complaining that posts in these threads like me. Im not complaining, just sharing thoughts which can be heard by developers. Thats the whole point of forums. for community bonding and giving ideas to developers to make the game better - therell always be that one person who would rant all day but the bigger picture is most important. hope you understand
    Last edited by Bless; 08-21-2013 at 07:57 AM.
    Credits to Iady

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post: