Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: rogues + hooks = pvp loser

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Lightbulb rogues + hooks = pvp loser

Hi everyone

Question to developers. Atm warriors have an arcane weapon - Maul. In 9 days mages will have a new arcane item too. Both arcane weapons wil have nice stats for PvE n PvP.
    Now abt rogue's arcane hooks... What we can to do with hooks? Answer: PvE only. What abt PvP? Answer: they will kill you before you have time to deal damage.

Dear developers!

Appeal to you on behalf of all the poor and innocent rogues, PLEASE! All we need is a good arcane bow =) U can make us so happy ^^

From rogues with love.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Castellann For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castellann View Post
    Hi everyone

Question to developers. Atm warriors have an arcane weapon - Maul. In 9 days mages will have a new arcane item too. Both arcane weapons wil have nice stats for PvE n PvP.
    Now abt rogue's arcane hooks... What we can to do with hooks? Answer: PvE only. What abt PvP? Answer: they will kill you before you have time to deal damage.

Dear developers!

Appeal to you on behalf of all the poor and innocent rogues, PLEASE! All we need is a good arcane bow =) U can make us so happy ^^

From rogues with love.
    Anna.. can i? :P

Btw... Rogues are still very good in pvp .. just look at leaderboards...
    As per damage, with mostly used weapons by rogues using aimed shot is around 3000 per hit... (WTH)

Now suppose Arcane hooks are upgraded to lvl 31 ...
    estimated damage goes to 5000 per hit on aimed shot...

Are you planning to 1 hit warriors? o.O?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Rogues had their time for an OP arcane weapon, so did warriors and now it's finally the sorcerers' turn.

Maybe at lv41 cap rogues will get a new arcane weapon and that could be a bow, who knows.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Make a smurf Anna!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

As i recall, on season 3 when hooks were introduced, hooks using rogues terrified the ctf world, they still do in season 4 if used correctly

Also if i recall rogues still dominate the ctf world without the need of an arcane, i seen many maul using full mythic tanks fear some full myth rogues

I feel no pity for rogues they should feel pity for other classes, and lets hope sts sees it the way i do =]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I just entered the PvP room with my tank for the first time since season one. Worst experience ever. That's why I am glad I have a lvl 15 mage, and during double XP weekend coming up soon, I'll make sure I lvl him up super quick to finally PvP with less frustration. Rogues dominate the PvP room, with mages being a debatable second place. My point is, Tanks have gotten no place in the world of PvP in this game.. Not saying there aren't good PvP warriors, but majority of the warriors trying to PvP, including myself, stand no chance against the other two classes. That is why I only PvE with my warrior, I simply don't enjoy PvP. Besides all the trash talking and insults, it's nothing but frustrating... :/
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili View Post
    I just entered the PvP room with my tank for the first time since season one. Worst experience ever. That's why I am glad I have a lvl 15 mage, and during double XP weekend coming up soon, I'll make sure I lvl him up super quick to finally PvP with less frustration. Rogues dominate the PvP room, with mages being a debatable second place. My point is, Tanks have gotten no place in the world of PvP in this game.. Not saying there aren't good PvP warriors, but majority of the warriors trying to PvP, including myself, stand no chance against the other two classes. That is why I only PvE with my warrior, I simply don't enjoy PvP. Besides all the trash talking and insults, it's nothing but frustrating... :/
    Hide the Chat Box in pvp ^^ .. Enjoy in silence :P

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Linkincena For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Linkincena View Post

As per damage, with mostly used weapons by rogues using aimed shot is around 3000 per hit... (WTH)

wow 5000 hit eh. even that 3000 hit is already bad news for majority of magrs.

now if its gonna be 5000 hit.. oh man.. sad...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

good point u have here link.
    Aimed shot is devastating enough as it is, any upgrade on rogues' damage would be unfair to other classes especially the smurf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    As i recall, on season 3 when hooks were introduced, hooks using rogues terrified the ctf world, they still do in season 4 if used correctly

Also if i recall rogues still dominate the ctf world without the need of an arcane, i seen many maul using full mythic tanks fear some full myth rogues

I feel no pity for rogues they should feel pity for other classes, and lets hope sts sees it the way i do =]
    i agree with you here. rogues can remove up to 3k of hp atm and this is likely to increase next season. if rogue users think they suffer they should try other classes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castellann View Post
    Hi everyone

Dear developers!

From rogues with love.
    yea we need a arcane bow for pvp
    we may good at pvp now bt we need arcane bow for our happiness :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Rogues are the only class to have an arcane weapon on their own.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I dont mind having a useless arcane (for pvp) as long as the mage arcane isnt too OP. Let me give explanation as I will get flamed by the frog community.

The rogue with full mythic will have around 330-350 dmg on L36. The mage with full mythic will have around 370-390 dmg next expansion. The buffed rogue arcane gives probably 300 dmg on L36. The mage arcane staff (yes itll be a staff/rod) will be expected to hit 700dps, around 350-380+ damage.

If a staff has any higher than 380+ dmg (even as an arcane) I would declare it as OP because its a DPS weapon not a damage inflicter - just like the arcane weapon for rogue.

My $0.02
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    I dont mind having a useless arcane (for pvp) as long as the mage arcane isnt too OP. Let me give explanation as I will get flamed by the frog community.

The rogue with full mythic will have around 330-350 dmg on L36. The mage with full mythic will have around 370-390 dmg next expansion. The buffed rogue arcane gives probably 300 dmg on L36. The mage arcane staff (yes itll be a staff/rod) will be expected to hit 700dps, around 350-380+ damage.

If a staff has any higher than 380+ dmg (even as an arcane) I would declare it as OP because its a DPS weapon not a damage inflicter - just like the arcane weapon for rogue.

My $0.02
    Staff would be a difficulty in pvp to use :/ .. cos unlike gun it won't fire in all directions :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Staff would be a difficulty in pvp to use :/ .. cos unlike gun it won't fire in all directions :'(
    Just like the rogue arcane weapon hooks

I <3 u too
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

My $0.02
    OP just like the hooks were in S3?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Lol if it hits 5k paul would be down to 1.8k hp WITH ALL BUFFS. Without his buffs its game-over and yes pauls uses maul.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Y O L O For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Just like the rogue arcane weapon hooks

I <3 u too
    Not exactly the same. Daggers' (including hooks) main attack slices whats right around u. For example, using main attack, u can stand on top of a target or circle just around it and it will take dmg, because the aoe is like a circle just around the rogue. The mage staff attack on the other hand, is like a shotgun aoe, where it just shoots out in front at a small range. For a staff u cant circle a target, because it will just shoot in front of u and not to ur target to ur side. If u do stand still tho, it will aim at ur target. So the only way to properly use it is to just stand at a small distance from the target and attack. But in a real fight, where ur target is constantly running out of range and u should be running around urself, the daggers prove more effective, where u can move around, chase ur target, and attack usefully.

With all this said ha, I still think the arcane staff will be good in pvp. But i wouldnt consider more then 380 dmg op, because the 700 dps wont do us much help.
    Last edited by Erdnase; 08-21-2013 at 09:06 AM.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

This thread is giving me a giant headache

Now we see who whines the most, atleast other classes complain during times of need to speak out

Rogues cry before anything actually happened? just chill, take deep breathes, count to 8795784 and wait for expansion, thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I was wonderin about the hooks too :P I find them still quite powerful though. Even at Lvl 26.

Expect arcane weapons for rogues at the Lvl 41 level cap.

Oh and also, they should still be good during this expansion since arcane items last 3 seasons.
    Hey, I'm a lone wolf. A wolf who wants to be friends with you :3