Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: rogues + hooks = pvp loser

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

My faith in humanity returned =]

(regarding recent comments, not the thread title and idea)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    They just need to normalize all the arcane weapons at 41
    Agreed. Just release 3 new, L41 arcane weapons at the same time. What is the point of this class-specific weapons release cycle when all it does it create an overall imbalance in PvP? I understand the 'theme' that goes along with the releasing of the arcane weapons: Hooks = Kraken because Rogues live there, Maul = Nordr because Warriors live there, Staff = Shuyal because Sorcerers live there. That's great. Now that the lore of the game has been introduced creatively, the time has come to even up the battle grounds in L41 expansion.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Y O L O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Now is sorcerers time. Enough said. They r having their time like other 2 classes had. so rogues just need to endure like warriors and sorcerers during the hooks time.

But i would like to see in the future release of arcane weapon for all 3 classes at once so no one can complain how op the class with arcane weapon is going to be. But nocomplaining cant be certain though .
    Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Every one that has been posting about how warrios or rogues are not going to be as op this season make me laugh. Not one person except the people playing the sorc where complaining in s2-s3 about how op rogues nd warrios were compared to us, no one listened. Now every one knows that sorc has a very high potential to do some damage and kill quickly and will now be.getting a.arcane weapon. My 2 cents is that the people making these threads are scared of how pro the sorc is going to be and are suger coating the question "can you nurf sorcs?" Before the next expansiin comes
    Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Rogues were so OP during season 3, that at one point near the end of that season 23 of the top 25 spots on the CTF kills leaderboard were rogues. And still to this day most of the spots on the CTF & TDM kills leaderboard are rogues. When mages hold most of the spots on those leaderboards, then you will have the right to complain. Until that time, it's just whining IMO.

As for numbers, In season 3 rogues with hooks had by far the highest damage (200+) and dps (400+). Now in season 4 warriors with maul have 400+ dmg which is far more than any other class. So I would expect that in season 5 mages with their arcane weapon will have the most damage as well. Considering a warrior at level 31 with maul has 400+ dmg, I would expect after leveling up to 36 and upgrading their armor/helm to 36, the warrior should have increased damage to around 450 with that same maul. So I would expect mage arcane weapon to be significantly higher than that. Just as the other classes had their chance to be OP with an arcane weapon, so should mages.
    These guys summed it up, why the heck should rogues shine in a smurf cap? Rogues shined at L26 cap and i didnt see to many complain threads, but now that smurfs can nuke warriors and rogues in 36 cap doesnt give us the right to complain when smurfs didnt.
    what? Mages cap? They should have an arcane weapon - that's all there is. Stop saying " [insert class]'s expansion...
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    what? Mages cap? They should have an arcane weapon - that's all there is. Stop saying " [insert class]'s expansion...
    The story line for each expansion is based around each class. So this is the Mage's expansion. Rogues are from Kraken, warriors from Nordr and mages are from Shuyal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    The story line for each expansion is based around each class. So this is the Mage's expansion. Rogues are from Kraken, warriors from Nordr and mages are from Shuyal.
    I'm talking about the pvp/pve Overpoweredness hype
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default rogues + hooks = pvp loser

You guy's all sound like immature brats that always get their way. Most of you guys/girls are old enough to understand that life is not easy to just get what you want. I dont care if you spend $1000 or what so you think you control the company, im just really tired of you guys being selfish. Im done here and I hope you guys are too.

My 2 cents

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

All I had to do was read the title to this and I already knew, may as well change name of the thread to "smurfs spam hate here" lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I've seen rogue's do exceptionally well with just the mythic bow. Even with elite pinks. IMO, rogue's are completely fine in PvP. I mean, it should be there specialty right? Considering the "class niches," it makes sense that the rogue is arguably the best class for PvP. However, this is weighed out by the rogue's effectiveness in PvE. Sure rogues are great for bosses, but no one does cleaning up mobs better than a warrior or a sorcerer. Therefore, i think the arcane weapon for the rogue was meant to help rogues in PvE (their weak area), where they need it. Thank you for reading. -vholt

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt View Post
    I've seen rogue's do exceptionally well with just the mythic bow. Even with elite pinks. IMO, rogue's are completely fine in PvP. I mean, it should be there specialty right? Considering the "class niches," it makes sense that the rogue is arguably the best class for PvP. However, this is weighed out by the rogue's effectiveness in PvE. Sure rogues are great for bosses, but no one does cleaning up mobs better than a warrior or a sorcerer. Therefore, i think the arcane weapon for the rogue was meant to help rogues in PvE (their weak area), where they need it. Thank you for reading. -vholt
    That's quite some food for thought, I didn't think much but it is quite sick at pve
    Credits to Iady

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castellann View Post

Dear developers!

Appeal to you on behalf of all the poorand innocent rogues, PLEASE! All we need is a good arcane bow =) U can make us so happy ^^
    Word choice :S

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Zzz... Even in the most largest MMOs, such as Everquest... The PVP was not perfectly balanced...

If you guys want perfect balance in the PVP arenas, then be prepared to wait many, many months for the devs to test ALL CLASS factors and stats.

Back on topic... I don't hear any complaints from certain rogues that they were OP in S1.

Just let the mages shine... It will be a challenge for you rogues, since it was a piece of cake for you at the start...
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

The fact that I keep seeing these kinds of threads posted by rogues tells me that PVP is as balanced as it will get. When you have everyone complaining it means you found the right balance.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I just hate how I don't see much tanks complaining, we're literally the worst class in PvP, rogues have been the most elite PvP'ers since season one. Mages as well, so hearing this crap, just gets me annoyed. What, you're not one hitting ppl anymore and you find it unfair? Jeez, get used to using some skill to play.
    AB: Szangyoe
    AL: Szangtheman/Szangyoe/Szangheili

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Szangheili View Post
    I just hate how I don't see much tanks complaining, we're literally the worst class in PvP, rogues have been the most elite PvP'ers since season one. Mages as well, so hearing this crap, just gets me annoyed. What, you're not one hitting ppl anymore and you find it unfair? Jeez, get used to using some skill to play.
    When good warriors join, people leave. The same is not the case with rogues or mages in most cases.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I offended anyone in my post? Lol. I dont see it. Pls calm down smurfs and warriors. If u dont like my post, just keep silence. The post was written with a joke. If u take it too serious, then u have a butthurt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:1234049
    When good warriors join, people leave. The same is not the case with rogues or mages in most cases.
    That's only because ppl don't want their KDR ruined, and the only good warriors out there have the Arcane wep, so yeah, my point still stands. Besides, ppl leaving is a broad statement, if ppl left ever time a good rogue joined, ppl would leave every damn game. Why? Because there are simply too many.
    Last edited by Szangheili; 08-21-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That's only because ppl don't want their KDR ruined, and the only good warriors out there have the Arcane wep, so yeah, my point still stands. Besides, ppl leaving is a broad statement, if ppl left ever time a good rogue joined, ppl would leave every damn game. Why? Because there are simply too many.
    Not true. Most of the warriors that many have classified as good do not have an arcane maul. It truly does not take a maul to be a good warrior.

Trust me, warriors do not suck. Honestly, no class is meant to be a solo class. Have you noticed that there is not a 1v1 arena, rather, team based PvP? So, as a result, if you stick with a team, warriors do not suck. Heck, even warriors can KS if you know how to time your skills!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Not true. Most of the warriors that many have classified as good do not have an arcane maul. It truly does not take a maul to be a good warrior.

Trust me, warriors do not suck. Honestly, no class is meant to be a solo class. Have you noticed that there is not a 1v1 arena, rather, team based PvP? So, as a result, if you stick with a team, warriors do not suck. Heck, even warriors can KS if you know how to time your skills!
    This is very true. I teamed up with a good warrior, and our opponents were two warriors (some reason the others were talking around), and the warrior took all the dmg from the other two warriors, while I kept unloading stuns from behind, and healing him and restoring his mana. In the end, we won, because of teamwork.
    Warriors can be OP in huge REAL CTF matches, as they have many teammates to work with.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Tanks are not the worse in pvp at all. My warrio with no mythics, only semi elie pinks, and very cheap pets (most expensive i have on him is snaggle) has a +kdr. Imo, tanks dont require much skill to play at all. Also note rogues and warrios were(maybe still) the most played class in al and when i see multiple good rogues or even warrios with arcane on my sorc, ill stick around if the party is semi decent even if its 3vs4 as rogues are usually easy for me to kill. If your having problems on warrio try taking out the other team in this order: Head for the rogues as you cant do much to a sorc with shield (rogues job), once you see a sorc with out shield all it takes is a few hits and were dead (i hate.you warrios sometimes), next will be tanks and your party should be able to handle em easily. The problem is most warrios do not know how to get high dmg and only think arcane will give the best for it therefore most warrios you fight in pvp do very little dmg(except sorcs without shields).
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

As i said, most "good" tanks own the arcane weapon. Never said all. Tanks aren't made for PvP, although they can do some good dmg, the true elite PvP'ers are rogues. They were clearly made for it. As far as mages, they are also great at PvP. If you compare the tank Mythic to the other classes, it clearly is the worst Mythic... Some elite pinks are better than it, lol. The Mythic armor is a different story though. But overall, as most ppl should know, Tanks are made for PvE, unlike the rogue, so rogues shouldn't be crying.