Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Your Top Three Things that Need Fixin’ in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

1. The max amount of points put into "skills" should be only up to 6 (reduce luck based pvp system)
    2. In the 2010-2011 time period... elixirs were able to be purchased for in game money. Instead of it being 1.5... one like x3 should be added for around 10k...
    3. Balance the health/dmg/buffs for pvp once again.
    Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

My suggestions:

1. Implement a truely elite quest in blacksmoke. My suggestion: 7k elite dragon kills (yea, I do mean 7,000)

2. Double only the stats of health pool and armor on every piece of gear.

3. Make foxes evade last 10 seconds, and make rhinos more balanced overall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077:1235092
    Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I have some ideas. The PvP is where PL currently needs a total overhaul, so my opinions revolve around PvP. I tried to think ways to fix PvP without harming PvE, as PvE still is the moneymaker thanks to elixirs.

1. Current gear needs a serious nerfing. Skill is minor factor in current PvP and lowering damage could be viable in PvE if the armor rating would be significantly increased. Dodge and crit stats are WAAAYYY too high on current gear as well which affects PvP seriously. In a nutshell, lower damage significantly and give way more armor for the lvl 75/76 gear (this way end game set would still be viable compared to lvl 70 if armor was raised significantly while decreasing damage). IMO decreasing damage while adding significantly more armor wouldn't hurt PvE and it would make PvP way more viable again. And I imagine it would be quite easy to just modify existing stuff's stats.

2. Skills. I don't think we should go back to 7 or 6 max skill points, but to just nerf the existing buffs so the buffs wouldn't be so damn immense. I don't remember the exact values how much they raise by a level, but cutting the buffs (ESPECIALLY Dodge and Crit buffs) by half would be viable, in terms of PvP. For PvE I don't think the difference would be significant.

IMO my suggestions are rather good and quite easy to put in action. The damage decrease + armor increase would do good for PvE, as the lowered damage would mean a bit more time to run a map but that would make ppl work again in teams and not in 1 man armies which is the common way to run now.
    Just so you know, rank 6 would be too low (12x6=72 What would you get for the last 4 levels?)
    They could always add passives to PL, but I also mean race-specific passives to give them variety.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos:1235016
    All I have is one request..and one only..... balance damage done from mobs from nuris onward (sewers were still balanced for a full team and no insta-deaths)....no one or two shot kills in PvE...dont matter if your a mage, rhino, bear, bird or fox. I play legends games for the story..PvP, CTF, and other extras are icing on the cake.

this is what stopped me from playing PL, i have yet to ever touch the game again till I know I can survive in a team....even a noob team with semi-good equipment.
    My number one request is exactly what Octavos just said.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This statement scares me alot:
    2) BALANCE CHANGES CAN MEAN A HUGE NERF, so be careful what you wish for!

I would just like to know is it possible to balance pvp without affecting pve to much. Really do not feel like fighting overpowered monsters. Please be careful what you wish for. They nerf very hard when they do. Ruined AL for me after warrior nerf

I agree with this so much. Thanks for this one
    Originally Posted by octavos:1235016
    All I have is one request..and one only..... balance damage done from mobs from nuris onward (sewers were still balanced for a full team and no insta-deaths)....no one or two shot kills in PvE...dont matter if your a mage, rhino, bear, bird or fox. I play legends games for the story..PvP, CTF, and other extras are icing on the cake.

this is what stopped me from playing PL, i have yet to ever touch the game again till I know I can survive in a team....even a noob team with semi-good equipment.

PL: [Kaukreu, Revchantress, Bearxarrows, Chargexthem, Putxinxwork, Wwoodsdweller, Sscdweller, Darkffarmer, Sanhican,Forestforest,
    Pve_farming, Strtnuke]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    169 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerzy448 View Post

I would just like to know is it possible to balance pvp without affecting pve to much. Really do not feel like fighting overpowered monsters. Please be careful what you wish for. They nerf very hard when they do. Ruined AL for me after warrior nerf

agree....

1. Implement a truely elite quest in blacksmoke. My suggestion: 7k elite dragon kills (yea, I do mean 7,000)

agree...if there is no cap in sight...this would b great for the pve spenders...mayb an exta quest for those that dont use elixers...

Quick! Staring contest...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billybob1:1235200

agree....

agree...if there is no cap in sight...this would b great for the pve spenders...mayb an exta quest for those that dont use elixers...
    7k? Seems a bit excessive even for an Elite quest. I would much rather have a quest somewhat similar to those of AO, where we craft our sets.

Edit: if you also think of it this way, by implementing, say L70+ crafting where anyone who is L70+ can get materials for crafting, but only be able to wear the set at L75 it might push players to level either way. If that is the case that means more players try to reach that level more platinum bought, which won't be only from elite players, but rather a much larger group of players. Besides if there is no sight of a cap in "the horizon" I would rather be doing this.
    Last edited by saool; 08-22-2013 at 05:57 PM.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

8. The Following User Says Thank You to saool For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by billybob1:1235200

agree....

So instead of grinding countless hours of mobs just to consider yourself done with endgame, the person will have to grind the bosses for a smaller amount while requiring a good team and dedication. Sounds familiar...

Oh yea! That's right. AO3 had a thing called "Cyber Quests" where people completed a series of unique and long quests involving hunting down the major bosses or elusive sub-bosses. Best part is that you get an entire, good-looking set for all of the hard work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

1. Nerf forgotten items damage...they do like 150% damage of the best twinkling gear which is a huge advantage over new pvpers as they may not have enough money to buy forgotten gear...Make them have around the same damage as other good weapons

2. Nerf Halloween items damage as they also have way more damage than dungeon gear..just not as much damage and without the proc of forgottens

3. Decrease crit and dodge % of gear and buffs from l65+.. Birds having 65% dodge and being able to have 450 range damage is plain op..bears having 90% dodge,310 armor, 850 health is op...

Increase the endgame gear armor and decrease the crit/dodge

Meh..4. Often in PVE and pvp I see foxes and rhinos teleporting...or even killing enemies when they are across the map, glitch or lag?
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

1. Fix Pvp
    2. Use spawning Door
    3. Fix pvp "Please!"
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Wow, I feel honored that my thread made such a huge impact. Thank you for making such a great effort for us Gary, much appreciated.

Here is my list then!

1.) PvP Balance - There are a couple KEY thing that could really be fixed up. First off, the skill ranks of 9 absolutely tear this game apart. It's not bad that the skill rank number is so high, but each time you upgrade a skill, the benefits cannot be as massive. This is coming off of a 1-shot skills- my mage is screwed if he's not fully buffed (and I don't even win half the time then!). Dodge is insane as well... the two together really make PvP not fun! Haha, but you see my point. Bears should not be able to pull and stomp to kill, birds should not be able to one-shot someone with blast, and mages should not be able to drain and fire to kill someone. Rhino's and foxes need a bit of an upgrade! The gear on each set in terms of damage and dodge needs to be toned down, too.

I am on mobile and wish I could get to a computer (traveling to a state soccer tourney at the moment). Gary, I would love to send you a full PM of real numbers and statistics that I can help you out with. I've been PvPing since day 1 of PL, and I as well as many other, have a great idea of what balance is. If PvP is fixed and balanced, you've literally just revived a large majority of this community from a year-lasting coma

2.) PvP Glitches - It's extremely easy for bears to pull you from behind a wall, birds to blast you through walls, etc. As a mage, I've always liked playing offense. However, in the past year because of the unbalanced cap, I've been having to hide behind walls. However, I'm not even exactly lucky like this because a bear pulls me right when I think I'm cutting the wall, and the game suddenly freezes up. Next thing I know, I'm dead.

3.) Nerf forgotten bows. I don't do twinking anymore like I did back in the good old days, but ever since Fbows were implemented, the game was just ruined for all my low leveled characters. Heck, I miss my 35 swamp rat mage build that was LEET before Fbows game! And I was happy too, because I made that build up purely on my own that people took on after me.

This discludes the fact that I would still love to see new caps, new gear, more elites quests with better story lines - but 1 step at a time, right?

Thank you again, Gary. This is really what your loyal community needs. You da man!
    Last edited by XghostzX; 08-22-2013 at 06:41 PM.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

1. Black Ice Wand bug

2. New hard quests with DECENT rewards like cyber. And I'm not talking elite quests for people that spend insane amounts of money on capping, because not everyone does that.

3. Make it to where people can't cap in 5 hours in a low level dungeon. How is that elite? They just spent platinum and grinded with no skill involved...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    1. Black Ice Wand bug
    To clarify, the Black Ice wand appears as a recoloration of the Shivering talon, rather than the Brain-Freeze wand. Shouldn't be a difficult fix.

(I assume that's the bug you're referring to, feel free to correct me)
    Blastyou - Bearconator - Cptchicken - Foxgonewild
    Casualpvp - Bgame - Angerissues - Gorgons - Worstbear - Casualsniper - Beginnersluck - Talonbehr

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Blastyou For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

To elaborate more on my 7k elite red dragon quest, I think that it should be a non- elixer dungeon. The dragon should send out mobs every 1/5 of his life, instead of every quarter. The reward should be EITHER: (yes there will be controversy) a nuri shield, CoP, fang armor, or humania monarch helm. One of these for every 7k times the super elite red dragon is defeated. This would promote teamwork, grinding without elixers, solve the rhino/ fox not having a cap ring problem, and most importantly, give us oldies something to do. Thanks or listening!

-Wee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blastyou View Post
    To clarify, the Black Ice wand appears as a recoloration of the Shivering talon, rather than the Brain-Freeze wand. Shouldn't be a difficult fix.

(I assume that's the bug you're referring to, feel free to correct me)
    Yeah, and it's been around forever. At this point one would think it's some kind of easter egg.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I would love to send you a full PM of real numbers and statistics that I can help you out with.
    I'll take it! Great list folks... keep it coming!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I'll take it! Great list folks... keep it coming!
    I'll get on it as soon as possible!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Wow, I feel honored that my thread made such a huge impact. Thank you for making such a great effort for us Gary, much appreciated.

Here is my list then!

1.) PvP Balance - There are a couple KEY thing that could really be fixed up. First off, the skill ranks of 9 absolutely tear this game apart. It's not bad that the skill rank number is so high, but each time you upgrade a skill, the benefits cannot be as massive. This is coming off of a 1-shot skills- my mage is screwed if he's not fully buffed (and I don't even win half the time then!). Dodge is insane as well... the two together really make PvP not fun! Haha, but you see my point. Bears should not be able to pull and stomp to kill, birds should not be able to one-shot someone with blast, and mages should not be able to drain and fire to kill someone. Rhino's and foxes need a bit of an upgrade! The gear on each set in terms of damage and dodge needs to be toned down, too.

I am on mobile and wish I could get to a computer (traveling to a state soccer tourney at the moment). Gary, I would love to send you a full PM of real numbers and statistics that I can help you out with. I've been PvPing since day 1 of PL, and I as well as many other, have a great idea of what balance is. If PvP is fixed and balanced, you've literally just revived a large majority of this community from a year-lasting coma

2.) PvP Glitches - It's extremely easy for bears to pull you from behind a wall, birds to blast you through walls, etc. As a mage, I've always liked playing offense. However, in the past year because of the unbalanced cap, I've been having to hide behind walls. However, I'm not even exactly lucky like this because a bear pulls me right when I think I'm cutting the wall, and the game suddenly freezes up. Next thing I know, I'm dead.

3.) Nerf forgotten bows. I don't do twinking anymore like I did back in the good old days, but ever since Fbows were implemented, the game was just ruined for all my low leveled characters. Heck, I miss my 35 swamp rat mage build that was LEET before Fbows game! And I was happy too, because I made that build up purely on my own that people took on after me.

This discludes the fact that I would still love to see new caps, new gear, more elites quests with better story lines - but 1 step at a time, right?

Thank you again, Gary. This is really what your loyal community needs. You da man!
    I agree with you ghost, PvP need to balance, glitches need to fix, but can I request one more, I would like to see black dragon armour sets drop again in blacksmoke mountain map, this*will see more people will start farming and means more plats will be spend and give a chance others to have it too.

Git – Ssneakykills

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

As I always do, I am going to preface this with a few words of wisdom I have learned in my journey called life. The first part of my post is directed to the community and the last will be for Justg and STS/G. A lot of thought has gone into this post as I was already working on an entire thread dedicated to point #1. If you are not committed to reading the entire post, please stop now and refrain from commenting/criticizing only exerts from within.

To begin...

I will keep this first part short. Ladies and Gentlemen, when responding to requests such as what STS/G is giving us the opportunity to be involved in, I implore you to take time in choosing your words carefully before just posting. When you make your suggestions, please understand there are multiple aspects to this game: PvE and PvP. Farming and leveling. Soloing and cooperative play. I mention this because some of the points made above would allow for a fix in one aspect of the game, however, destroy another. Also, simple statements such as "NERF!!" provide no true suggestion and, if I were thinking like a STS/G, could show why I show little attention/motivation into placing PL issues higher on the "to-do list." When creating your requests, answer the following questions: What? Why? How? Answering these "unasked" questions allow for your post to be more beneficial and more likely seen/taken seriously.

With that said, let me begin on what I would like to be seen.

1. A greater scaffolding of attributes when leveling.

For this point, I will use the bear class as an example as I am more knowledgeable and have them at every 5 levels of the game. The argument of bear inefficiency is not what I am striving for. That discussion is reserved for the Strength Gear Analysis thread tagged in my signature. What I would like to focus on, which would not only apply to bears, but all classes in PL, is the ineffectiveness of adding attribute points to increasing class attributes. Below is a picture of one of my level 5 bears and it's overall attributes with all points placed into strength.

And again at level 15 with all attribute points placed into strength:

Some gain in dodge, crit, and health with the greatest benefit in health. But, keep watching. Here is level 35, same full strength allocation:

After 100 additional attribute points into strength, there is a minute change in all attributes with the exception of health. Let's move on to level 50:

It's gotta get better, right? Yeah, endgame will do it:

See a pattern? With the exception of the health pool, adding strength (this classes "main" attribute) has little difference from low level to high level. As the game progresses in PL, mobs and bosses are stronger and hit much harder. However, the base stats of the character change by almost nothing. This means classes require strictly on gear to provide how strong/effective they are. My question is: Why do we even have attribute points? These points should add something more significant than just effecting one out of the ten attribute categories. Shouldn't all of the categories be effected and at a higher level? I can understand strength effecting the defensive stats (dodge, health, health regen, armor), dexterity effecting the offensive stats (hit, crit, damage), and intelligence being a mix of the two. However, ALL of the categories should be affected with the listed attributes having a greater overall impact. The attributes should determine class effectiveness, not the gear which is equipped. I am not saying gear should not have slight boosts as the levels increase, but they should not be the end-all.

To put this into a greater light, look at the following to pictures:

Both pics initially look the same. The stats are very close. However, unless you know me and the levels of the toons above, given I hide my attribute points, would you know the two pics come from a 50 and a 76? Shouldn't a 76 be MUCH more powerful in all categories wearing the same gear?

This brings me to my next point....

2. The "Skills" Argument.

So, many individuals have stated skills should be dropped back to 6 or 7. I disagree.

At 6 or 7, toons will have all 12 skills maxed at 72 leaving no room for improvement after this level. Also, it can be argued not all skills are beneficial depending on the class. Restore is not a "necessity" to birds and bears. Meditation is not needed for birds. By limiting skill allocation, we limit the ability for uniqueness. Everyone would have the same build and the difference between Taunt at level 6 and level 9 is 6 dodge, not a drastic improvement. (Yes, I know Taunt stacks. Bear with me.) Also, skills need to continue to increase to meet the demands of PvE. Too many of the suggestions above focus on PvP imbalance with ZERO consideration to how PvE will be affected. If mob/boss strength will continue to increase, we need the buffs/debuffs to be able to compete within this realm of the game. Instead of limiting the amount of points which can go into a skill, why don't we take a different approach?

Lower the stats of the skills.

Let's go back to the Taunt example. Taunt from level 1 to 9 looks like this: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14. Why not decrease this by half to require less focus on dodge. This applies to all skills. With a reduction in buff increase, and an increase in attribute point effectiveness, buffs can stay at a high level, yet not me so overwhelming in certain areas.

(While I am here, I would personally like to see points taken from mana regen and dodge, and placed into hit % for bears.)

3. Decrease in mob stats.

Since Nuri's, we have seen an exponential rise in the amount of armor, dodge, and damage mobs and bosses have. This has led to an equally exponential rise in elixir usage and a decline in "team." I am not saying a nerf similar to the recent changes in Nuri's is needed, however, by lowering how hard mobs/bosses hit, as well as the frequency of their dodge, the "team" concept could begin to be reimplemented and players could enjoy runs without worrying if they have an elixir is equipped before joining a game. As I have said a million other times, the game should be fun, not a chore.

I have a few more suggestions, but these are the three which I feel are most pertinent and fit within the requirements given by Gary.

Thank you for making the community feel like part of the game again.
    Last edited by CrimsonTider; 08-22-2013 at 08:20 PM.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonTider For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

disagree with black drag sets cus i have one :3
    PL:Otahaiebab,Otahaiebabii,Otahaiebabiii,Otahaieba biv,Otahaiebabv,Otahaiebabvi,
    Otavii, Sneakyshak