Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question about new legendary rings & amulets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Question about new legendary rings & amulets

I noticed that some of the new legendary rings (archon rings) & amulets (ashral shards) have a "bonus damage" stat built into their stats. What I was wondering is if that bonus damage is visible in the preview window of our stats, or if it suffers from the same issue that the passive dmg & pet dmg does and it does not show.

Without showing this stat it would make it very hard to determine if the ring/amulet is better or worse than the one we are currently using.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Had it all wrong lol
    Last edited by Cashews; 08-31-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

That's not how the bonus damage stat works, actually. We will probably need dev input on this to be sure what those new rings and amulets do. For now, I assume that if they don't alter anything on your preview window, that they work like pets and passive skills +damage%.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Actually, bonus damage is a Stat that determines how much damage a certain weapon (or armor, helm, ring, and amulet) is going to add to your damage stat. The higher amount of points you have in your primary stats, the higher your bonus damage, the higher is the amount of damage that the weapon is going to add(and yes it shows in preview screen for new rings and amulets).
    Iacito My guess: 2900

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Ultimately the only way to see what the end result is would be to find some easy boss to fight. And equip each one and see the damage you do. Don't use your pet. What is also unclear is how it affects your skills & your auto attack. Also the language is confusing, Ashral Shard of Fatality has 4% BonusDamage & Archon Ring of Brutality has 2.5% Damage. So I am really confused about the Archon because it says 2.5% Damage and not DamageBonus, so is that the same as +2.5 Damage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Lots of misinformation in here. Bonus damage is pretty simple. It increases any added dmg (your dmg stat) by that percentage. You can test it out with the right set of items. Find an item that adds dmg (but preferably nothing else) and one that adds less dmg (try not to get stats that affect your dmg).

For example, a sorc could buy 2 rings. The +str +3.1 dmg ring (lvl 36) and the +str +1.9 dmg ring (lvl 35). Switch them and you'll see that your dmg doesn't change by 1.2 but by a much larger number. Do the math with your bonus dmg stat, and you'll see it works out to be what you observed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Lots of misinformation in here. Bonus damage is pretty simple. It increases any added dmg (your dmg stat) by that percentage. You can test it out with the right set of items. Find an item that adds dmg (but preferably nothing else) and one that adds less dmg (try not to get stats that affect your dmg).

For example, a sorc could buy 2 rings. The +str +3.1 dmg ring (lvl 36) and the +str +1.9 dmg ring (lvl 35). Switch them and you'll see that your dmg doesn't change by 1.2 but by a much larger number. Do the math with your bonus dmg stat, and you'll see it works out to be what you observed.
    I was always told that bonus dmg pertained to crit dmg but your answer makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clarifying this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    So I am really confused about the Archon because it says 2.5% Damage and not DamageBonus, so is that the same as +2.5 Damage?
    Yes, my mistake. The rings list damage and the amulets list bonus damage.

The amulets do correctly reflect the bonus damage in your stats. However, it appears (to me) that the rings do NOT reflect the damage % in your stats, much the same way pet damage % and passive damage % are not reflected in your stats.

STS: If you are going to make gear items with damage percentage stats, then you really MUST fix the issue of this not showing on our stat pages. Otherwise it is almost impossible to figure out which gear is better and to properly compare different gear.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

The amulets do correctly reflect the bonus damage in your stats. However, it appears (to me) that the rings do NOT reflect the damage % in your stats, much the same way pet damage % and passive damage % are not reflected in your stats.

STS: If you are going to make gear items with damage percentage stats, then you really MUST fix the issue of this not showing on our stat pages. Otherwise it is almost impossible to figure out which gear is better and to properly compare different gear.
    We bug our programmers and try to bribe them with cookies, it's high on our list of things to display but everything has a priority! We really want it in too. It's definitely in the mix of todo's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We bug our programmers and try to bribe them with cookies, it's high on our list of things to display but everything has a priority! We really want it in too. It's definitely in the mix of todo's.

This time I jumped blind into the pool and added 5% passive dmg to my stat. Its not showing, but I can calculate it and at least I know where I stand with this. But for rings and amuletts not showing it, yes its more than a simple inconveniency. And more complicated math with that bonus stuff.

I wonder how many cookies the programmers wolved down since this issue is known, but it must be a tremendous amount, considered how long this problem exists. I suggest you stop giving them cookies. Instead, tell them that they wont get anymore cookies until this problem is solved. Thats how you get issues fixed.

Anyway, thanks for your reply Carapace. Its greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Energizeric for the post, I was going to write that exact same post tonight.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Have you tried to administer old fashion beatings? Usually speeds.things up
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

STS:I heard this from you guys like 2-3 months ago. I mean if its high on your list who long will it take? 6-1 year time?
    Come on this issue is very old.

The passive % armor, damage, critical ect. dont reflect at all too. I just hope it wont take a years to do LOL!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

I hate to be just another drop of lighter fluid to fuel the fire, but Energizeric's remarks in red are absolutely correct. I don't know for sure as to the extent of resources and man-hours required to fix the passive skills/stats display error; but from the gamer's perspective on this, this should have been fixed in conjunction with releasing new jewelry with respective stats.

Now that we have plenty of new content to experience and enjoy, please make fixing the passive skills/stats display error a priority for the next large update, after the new, minor bugs/glitches are remedied.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Have you tried to administer old fashion beatings? Usually speeds.things up
    LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Just pointing it out but passive crit shows and i belive passive dmgs shows as well