Thread: The ability to increase the size of my tribe would be most appreciated.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default The ability to increase the size of my tribe would be most appreciated.

If there's one thing that's slightly more agitating than Public Chat and the cost of the builders, the size limit of my tribe would fit just nicely in that category.
    If there's a tribe who is successful and active, there should be a way for the tribe master or tribe to contribute to a Tribe Funds which could be used to expand the capacity of the tribe.
    This feature could also be expanded further in which it can be used for tribes to give each other resources. Let's say my tribe hosts a contest for best-looking village. One person from each tribe would be a contestant and then the voting would be done on our website or these forums. After the winner is chosen, I'll add up the funds we put in for the contest and then gift it to the winner's Tribe Funds. /ramble
    This is just a small brainstorm, and with just a small example of what else could possibly be done with it. The most important of the bunch would be the ability to increase tribe capacity.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks

I like the fact of tribe funding, I'm almost capped, what do I do with all that money lol, I can only do so many spells, when it comes to gold...sheep can be used quickly especially with 50k for one devestator. . (Ya kidding me)...I also would like the chance to expand tribe, had to create an alt guild, which sucks
    Last edited by Darko; 09-02-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks

Wouldn't the ability to have more tribe members be a bad thing? at least for the smaller tribes everyone would want to be on the top leader board tribes and discourage the making of other tribes, I'd prefer it the way it is to encourage diversity and more rivalries instead of having these "super tribes" with 100 (give or take) members. Without some sort of messaging or pm system if you will, this would also cause more chaos than good with the current chat system. Anyway that's my 2 cents.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tavo:1254620
    Wouldn't the ability to have more tribe members be a bad thing? at least for the smaller tribes everyone would want to be on the top leader board tribes and discourage the making of other tribes, I'd prefer it the way it is to encourage diversity and more rivalries instead of having these "super tribes" with 100 (give or take) members. Without some sort of messaging or pm system if you will, this would also cause more chaos than good with the current chat system. Anyway that's my 2 cents.
    A tribe could have 100 tribe members, and still do terrible compared to a tribe of just 50. Size is one thing, but quality is another story. Sons of Anarchy showed that a tribe can accomplish a lot with just 50 members, and that's because his tribe worked hard for such a status.

My tribe has been shifting and pulling out inactive members to make it the best that it can be. We focus on supporting and teaching each other new or old, and strongly emphasise the benefits of an active tribe member.

Tribes that Spam invite people, or ones that don't keep itself structured are the ones that don't turn out so well in the end because they never strived or didn't achieve the ability to do so.

Tribes that are successful, active, and determined should have benefits for being as such which is another reason why Tribe Funding would help out. It'll reveal the Tribes that are saying "I'm willing to take a step beyond and be successful" from the tribes that randomly Spam and invite everyone into their tribe such as "I'm not willing to make that extra step to be as successful as the top tribes so they should be leveled down to me".

Should I just make a dedicated thread stating how much Tribe Funding can intertwine with this idea, and state multiple other ways as to how it will improve the current state of tribes that are willing to take that extra step beyond normal expectations? Do I need to continue onward, or has my opinion been expressed fully yet?
    Last edited by Cahaun; 09-08-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tavo View Post
    How is that any different from guilds in any other game?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks

I don't see how it would discourage making tribes. People already make tribes as it is with all the beta android tribes way ahead. The ability to increase members should boost morale and overall teamwork.
    AL: Applejaqs
    DL: Applejaqs
    PL: Saasitan

ELITE
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I would love to have a tribe of about 200 active members.

All my builds would finish soooooooooo much faster if I received 199 * 15 minutes worth of reductions every day!

Imagine all the pearls I would earn by helping out so many more tribesmen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu:1259090
    I would love to have a tribe of about 200 active members.

All my builds would finish soooooooooo much faster if I received 199 * 15 minutes worth of reductions every day!

Imagine all the pearls I would earn by helping out so many more tribesmen!
    Passing out 199 * 3 bonuses would take a while
    I think I'll make a thread going for Tribe Funding now. Tribe Alliances is still on my list also.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    A tribe could have 100 tribe members, and still do terrible compared to a tribe of just 50. Size is one thing, but quality is another story. Sons of Anarchy showed that a tribe can accomplish a lot with just 50 members, and that's because his tribe worked hard for such a status.

My tribe has been shifting and pulling out inactive members to make it the best that it can be. We focus on supporting and teaching each other new or old, and strongly emphasise the benefits of an active tribe member.

Tribes that Spam invite people, or ones that don't keep itself structured are the ones that don't turn out so well in the end because they never strived or didn't achieve the ability to do so.

Tribes that are successful, active, and determined should have benefits for being as such which is another reason why Tribe Funding would help out. It'll reveal the Tribes that are saying "I'm willing to take a step beyond and be successful" from the tribes that randomly Spam and invite everyone into their tribe such as "I'm not willing to make that extra step to be as successful as the top tribes so they should be leveled down to me".

Should I just make a dedicated thread stating how much Tribe Funding can intertwine with this idea, and state multiple other ways as to how it will improve the current state of tribes that are willing to take that extra step beyond normal expectations? Do I need to continue onward, or has my opinion been expressed fully yet?
    You went on about "steps beyond" I respect any tribe who put in work to reach new heights however this had nothing to do with my post (at least directly). I feel it reduces the making of tribes because there's suddenly space in others (makes sense no? notice i said "reduces" not that it would be "eliminated completely") I like the fact of these 50 member tribes keeps things MORE EXCLUSIVE and keeps MORE RIVALRIES around both at high level and low level. Now to my second point, do you really want 100 ACTIVE members on tribe chat? sounds like public chat all over again, a pm system would alleviate this issue but we don't have one yet. The tribe funding I agree with, sounds interesting. Anyways this is MY OPINION I've read your main post and your reply thoroughly and my mind hasn't been changed, I guess we can agree to disagree.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tavo:1260633

You went on about "steps beyond" I respect any tribe who put in work to reach new heights however this had nothing to do with my post (at least directly). I feel it reduces the making of tribes because there's suddenly space in others (makes sense no? notice i said "reduces" not that it would be "eliminated completely") I like the fact of these 50 member tribes keeps things MORE EXCLUSIVE and keeps MORE RIVALRIES around both at high level and low level. Now to my second point, do you really want 100 ACTIVE members on tribe chat? sounds like public chat all over again, a pm system would alleviate this issue but we don't have one yet. The tribe funding I agree with, sounds interesting. Anyways this is MY OPINION I've read your main post and your reply thoroughly and my mind hasn't been changed, I guess we can agree to disagree.
    Agreeing to disagree is a good thing to have, and having someone to speak their mind should never be shunned so don't feel put down whenever I reply in the manner that I do in such cases as I tend to overdo it at times.
    While having having lots of these small sized tribes may have more rivalries between some, it really limits the major rivalries going on. It also prevents large grouping of close friends and individuals from getting together into a single tribe. Infinite Union is a lot bigger than 50 members, and so trying to have everyone in action in BD would seem a bit difficult if not impossible.
    The tribe chat wouldn't really be aweful with 100 players. People don't tend to stay around for long, and I never saw a huge problem of this in the other STS games (Alleviated by the officer chat and PM system? That I agree with as it is the most probable reason why chat in PL is nice and neat with the exception of traders and spammers, but I'm still not convinced that it'll make any major issues)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun:1258508
    Quote Originally Posted by tavo:1254620
    Lol ur wrong. The reason why we are still at the top is only because of a few players like god, and garudon..Most of the rest are still farming at 0-500 trophies lol...

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I took a nice break from the forums, but I'm back.
    I just saw the update announcement for the tribe improvements, and I'm only getting more convinced that STS is now trying to improve tribes and social interactions even more.

Thanks

Bad idea

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arielucie:1277778
    Bad idea
    Why so?

Thanks

love it

Thanks

This would make new tribes next to useless, as there is more benefit in being in a large tribe, than in a small one, more so if the member cap I alleviated.

urlaub fürs gehirn

Thanks

Bump! Revived from the dead