Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Do you farm Elite Shuyal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Default Do you farm Elite Shuyal?

I wonder how many of you are farming Elite Shuyal for loot.

It seems to me that the economy changed massively because of the easy drops from Bael and Krunch. I thought architect pink drops are exclusive to new bosses until my kid looted Architect Helm of Will lvl 36. I thought it should come from one of the most difficult bosses (perhaps even bugged).

And yet the price of the helm dropped from 750k to current 450k within one day.

The problem of the last season towards the end was that players were divided mostly into 3 groups - pvp, Oltgar hunters, and Bael/Krunch hunters. And ok, time runners on the last day, lol

Now it seems to me that it goes in the same direction, perhaps more Bael hunters because Oltgar minions got heavily buffed and it is no bed of roses even for a fully upgraded party with arcane pets. Which is good, because at least Hammers might keep the price.

As for the eggs - the most valuable eggs' prices are dropping constantly, because both Bael and Grimnr are easily solo-able. I did Palm Rock trio with two undergeared guildies within 11 minutes, so Firesquid prices can be expected to drop, too. I have not tried Lost Cove yet. Also I have not tried if Caverns now drop Mountain Teeth level 35. On the other hand, who needs Teeth when market is flooded with Quills obtained during that glitch on last Saturday.

If I invest one hour of time in 4-member party, we are highly likely to find 2-3 elite Baels and Krunches. Consumption of pots very low.

Now, when the same party runs Shuyal bosses, one, say, in 10 minutes (I won't give away our best times here ), it costs 1000s of pots, perhaps also plats, and there are like 6 CHANCES per hour. For an usual party it is only 2, if not one with a high risk of rage quit.

So, my question is, what do you end-gamers with all Archenemies APs (perhaps besides bugged Wraith and Heart) farm?

On a positive side, I feel that lots of new content based on Shuyal environment will be on the way. Or, is it just a hope?

Thank you for listening.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

You forgot egg hunters towards season end. Lots of parties for elite antee and rook nest.

Personally been farming maps 2, 3 and 5 of shuyal

Haven't mastered the runs just yet but getting there.. And oltgar still made the list.

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I'm going to hunt elite Bael II once my mythic helm is upgraded.
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katish View Post
    You forgot egg hunters towards season end. Lots of parties for elite antee and rook nest.

Personally been farming maps 2, 3 and 5 of shuyal
    Yes of course, I forgot those Antee and Bael countless runs! I dont know about Antee, but Bael got so easy that beating him solo within 9 minutes or less is possible now.

I agree with maps 2, 3 and 5 (I personally like Overgrow very much, it is an excellent design, so funny! )

But I was rather speaking about efficiency of the hunt, or Revenue - Costs = Profit if you want. (Neglecting fun, of which is for sure more in Elite Overgrow than at beating Spyr pigs)

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

by the way, whats the best team at Overgrowth?

2 rogues, 1 mage and a warrior?
    The Forum here is more FUN!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    by the way, whats the best team at Overgrowth?

2 rogues, 1 mage and a warrior?
    I am yet to find out - we do most of the difficult runs in a 2 mages, 2 rogues, or 2 mages, 1 rogue, 1 warrior party. All fully upgraded usually with 2-3 arcane pets in the party. (I don't have any lol ). No one has any arcane weapon (yet). We do not use that famous Samael cheat (desummon, summon for arcane reset and new chance to wipe mobs). BTW, why can't STS correct this?

As the Shuyal mobs are damn tough it seems to me that crowd controlling power slightly prevails over DPS party. But I may be wrong, I am sure there are 1 mage, 3 rogues parties clearing the areas just as fast or faster than we do.

GM at <Elite Runners>

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Yes, for looting
    Archon ring and ashal pendant which could be par with mythics.(they sell high)

Oltgar is prolly hunt down because of the warriors demand. Entombed has more dmg than Arch weapon, which most warriors want.

Also the main reason why people go on kraken is because the quest fot upgrading mythic helm demands you to find armor fragments by smashing kraken barrels.
    Last edited by Cero; 09-03-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    Yes, for looting
    Those rings are elite mob drops, right?

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin:1251084
    Yes, for looting
    Those rings are elite mob drops, right?
    dev said it drops from the thoughest mobs
    I can only think of the Gaint mob and Shadowmancer(blue guy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

dev said it drops from the thoughest mobs
    I can only think of the Gaint mob and Shadowmancer(blue guy)
    Yup got one yesterday.. Also you can new rings and amulet on elite silver and copper chest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    I've heard the elite ashral heart drops the ashral shard amulets but I'm not so sure.

And for the elite overgrowth boss fight I'm pretty sure 2rogue 1mage 1war is the ideal setup. You need the rogue's 1v1 dmg when killing off the sorcs that spawn to heal the boss. 2sorcs in party though fully-geared I've ibserved aren't as effective and the run gets prolinged because one missed sorc gets sucked into the boss and then it regens a fair amount.

Having said that if there are ways to make a party with 2 mages work then I'm all ears
    Hi mate, we do every run with 2 mages, its standard for us. I find the best combo is always 2 mages 2 rogues or 2 mage 1 rogue 1 warr.... Depending on whether u want a quick time or not. Obviously this theory goes out of the window when you start bringing Arcane mauls into the equation and warriors then produce enough dmg to do a rogues job :/

Anyway, ramble over, we use 2 mages because we find that the crowd control is alot more efficient and we are able to drag larger numbers at once. Though ice does not seem to work on the mages in shuyal, it does seem to work on the skeleton mobs. Clock then helps us keep them all grouped together for a fireball/frost attack/auto attack.

Using 2 mages means 2 clocks, meaning the mobs SHOULD be kept without moving anywhere, allowing the others in party to have an easier time in the map (because after all us mages are primarily for cc and support imo).

Using this method with a geared team works effectively, tho takes some perfecting with pulls etc. But then a bit of trial and error goes along way

Sorry if stated the obvious here, but there u have it.

And Queen/King, we'll get you some more gear later i promise

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

End-game farming has me rather frustrated at the moment. I think the problem is the amount of people surging the content to make gold (thanks to 50 & 100m achievements). The market is completely in the gutters already and we're only 5 days into the expansion. I was lucky to sell some architect helms/armor at 700k+ over the weekend, but now I'm lucky to even sell an item (because of 5-10 people underbidding) for a terrible price such as 150-250k (for the 2nd best armor in the game, mind you). Puzzleboxes seem to be doing well, but I can't really see myself farming just those for the next 5-6 months. There's also really nothing for me to farm in terms of personal development with my characters, since mythic gear is still the best. I really dislike this fact, because I have very little to work for and am worried I might get bored fairly soon. With that being said, here is outline of my perspective on the state of end-game farming:

Problems:

1. Too many opportunities to loot Architect helms and armor - Arena, Bael/Krunch, elite Shuyal. These items are overly abundant, and of little value. There are way too many places to find these drops, and I think it's safe to say that roughly 70% of them are tossed into the CS because players already have mythic or are willing to wait and save up until they get mythic.

2. Not enough incentives to run elite Shuyal/Nordr maps. Why run Nordr at all? The Architect weapons have identical stats and a better proc than Nordr's. Also, Bael/Krunch drop these items and are much easier to hunt.

3. No epic adventures to partake in - nothing for mythic players to do for development of their character (except the achievements which can be completed in a matter of days). All of the quests are too easy.

4. Season 4 mythic gear is the best, and leaves very few reasons to farm anything else for character development.

Proposed solutions:

1. Make Arena-specific loot tables! We've been asking for this since last season when it was introduced. All the Arena does at this point is provide an opportunity for end-gamers to farm 4 bosses for 5 chances at elite loot in less than 15 minutes a run. If by 5 days into the expansion we're already experiencing problems with an over flooded market, just imagine how bad it is going to be one month from now. Perhaps also reducing the drop rates is a viable option. If you do this, however, please add a daily quest for an Elite Golden Puzzlebox. Quest from bard: "A Gladiator's Burden" - complete a full match of the arena (kill all 4 bosses) 20 times and return for your reward.

2. Bael/Krunch should NOT be dropping loot from the entire game! Their unique loot is a very nice addition to the game, however, having them drop loot from Kraken and Nordr has completely ruined any motivation to go back and farm certain gear. Why bother running elite Palm Rock or Mount Spyr, when I can just farm Bael/Krunch? Their loot tables must be cut down a good amount - or at least make the older stuff ultra rare. I realize that in theory, Bael/Krunch's spawn rate is very low; but take a good look at the CS and you will see that their loot is overly abundant right now. Maybe it's because no one wants to buy it? If that's the case, items like "Troll Necromatic Ring" need to be buffed and made rare to increase it's value (both monetarily and desired)

3. Make Shuyal elite maps harder. Look at the leader boards. It's quite obvious that the difficulty of this expansion is not on scale with previous campaigns. Architect weapons and armor have already flooded the market, because the content is not challenging enough to offset the loot rarity. This point deserves an entire thread of its own.

4. Add more incentives to clear trash mobs in elite maps. The Archon ring idea is brilliant, good job! However, people are still just rushing to bosses after clearing 1/3 of the zone - it's so ridiculous how little people care about the actual adventure through a map as opposed to the reward awaiting at the end. Nothing but dollar signs in their eyes. So for people like me and my guild (and others), make more unique drops from elite Nordr/Shuyal trash mobs. We will reap the benefits of clearing a map properly, while the rush-farmers can stick with their commonly dropped items to sell. Maybe add some quests for Puzzleboxes + gold that includes clearing trash mobs for rare quest drops? Not as rare as the fragments from barrels/crates during mythic upgrade quest, but something that would force people to clear more trash mobs to complete the quest and have a chance at rare, elite, legendary items. A quest called "Missing Pieces of the Puzzle" - collect 40 puzzlebox fragments from the elite nasties scattered around the lands of Shuyal. Bring these back to me and I will re-assemble the puzzlebox for you, along with a handsome reward! (maybe 5-7k gold).

5. Lack of interesting/involved content. Something like what Energizeric has mentioned in his epic quest suggestion is desperately needed for mythic, end-gamers.

These are just a few ideas I can come up with at the moment. I'm sure STG already has a bunch of new content in the works to release during the next few months in order to recapture our interest. Honestly, I just hope I make it that long... This is a wonderful game and STG's staff does an amazing job. This expansion, however, seems to be prematurely released...

EDIT: My writing style sounds a bit harsh, I know. Please ignore this and realize I am just trying to help make improvements to the game.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-03-2013 at 12:26 PM.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Also I just learned that Bael/Krunch drop Architect weapons also?? For crying out loud.......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Taejo, buddy, thanks for your thorough contribution. It was a big surprise for me that even Arena drops Architect stuff (although perhaps not the best versions).

Last season (I played warrior a lot) I remember that STR/INT armor of Will 31 cost like 700k and helm not much less even 2 months after the expansion.

Now not just quills, but the entire architect (equivalent of former noble) stuff is slowly turning into trash.

I see now that the rumors about dropping elite levels in the future might be true. Having no big motivation, players will not explore elite levels and it will be easy to justify why they were skipped.

Leaving pvp aside, our guildies are hunting Baels day and night and when they get good stuff, we will achieve all the APs for everybody (I mean Archenemies).

And what will those who like to master hard maps do then? When loot yields no acceptable benefit?

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    And what will those who like to master hard maps do then? When loot yields no acceptable benefit?
    The truth hurts: they will simply quit the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

guys, i don't think low prices are a problem. i like cheap gear. the problem is people wanting to sell items at inflated prices.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingMartin View Post
    I wonder how many of you are farming Elite Shuyal for loot.

It seems to me that the economy changed massively because of the easy drops from Bael and Krunch. I thought architect pink drops are exclusive to new bosses until my kid looted Architect Helm of Will lvl 36. I thought it should come from one of the most difficult bosses (perhaps even bugged).

And yet the price of the helm dropped from 750k to current 450k within one day.
    There are many alternative solution for these problems. Say, make them more competitive to earn. For example, in Oltger keep we have not only to kill mobs to spawn krunch but also need to kill Frostir to make him spawn. Same strategy apply to other level boss kill need to make bael/krunch spawn in respective spawn area. This idea just come into my mind now. The Devs could think such type of ideas. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Yep I am sorry to say that this is the end result of us demanding all of our special mythic and arcane gear to be top of the line for more than one season. There is just no reason for people to spend a lot of money on elite legendary gear when the gear they already have is better. The only things worth it to farm for atm are the new rings and amulets. Hopefully sts does not give in and give a boost to the mythic ring and amulets or else nothing will be worth farming for.

I hate to say I told you so, but I mentioned this in several threads before the expansion. Personally, now that my mythic gear is upgraded, I have got all the pve ap's, and there are practically no good new legendary items to farm for, I am pretty bored with the game and seriously considering quitting. Unfortunately, I think the game is pretty broken atm and has just turned into a game where people waste their money gambling on crates, as this is the only place you can get gear of any serious value Despite how plat driven PL was, at least anyone could farm for dragon armor without using a ton of plat and make some serious gold. The facts are, you are not going to make a serious amount on money in the game to get the 100m achievement unless you are a super merch like love or spend a ton of plat opening chests. Before the introduction of all the mythic gear I probably made close to 40m farming for gear, but I don't see this ever happening again now that there are not any legendary drops that are worth serious gold.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Personally, now that my mythic gear is upgraded, I have got all the pve ap's, and there are practically no good new legendary items to farm for, I am pretty bored with the game
    Hey Grimmy,

yes, that is what I was trying to get at and what vwhills (and those who thanked him) probably misunderstood in my OP.

I do not know how many players are interested in gambling to make it to absolute ranking leaderboard. I like to be on LB for timed runs but I cant see a reason why I should spend tons of money for gambling to get Midas Touch AP although I could afford it.

I am an average plat spender (well perhaps slightly over average, burning, say, 3000 plats in a month). I popped couple of crates after expansion (I miss arcane pet so much!!!) but I burn my plat mostly on lixers and revivals.

I think one does not have to be Einstein to understand that if I dont farm damn hard Shuyal Elite, I will need less platinums. And less platinums = less bucks for the developers. And less bucks for the devs = no interest in making this game more attractive.

OK, I am sure STS has some ace in the sleeve, and so I am staying optimistic. Because today I log on and almost the only guild calls I see are:

"Anyone for Bael/Krunch hunt"?

Only elite upgraded party dares to go to farm Shuyal because the mobs hit really hard.

GM at <Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    guys, i don't think low prices are a problem. i like cheap gear. the problem is people wanting to sell items at inflated prices.
    Wvhills....

As a real life merch and AL endgamer i feel that i should get my point accross.

Whilst everyone likes cheap gear, low prices are a huge problem in the game. What you have to remember is that at the moment you are reffering to a select group of items, either 'Legendary' or 'Mythic' or 'Arcane.'
    These items in my honest opinion should be as rare or as expensive as you would expect them to be as you reach end game and people should be charging alot for them. You should have to work hard for your gear, i know i did.

The market is obviously flooded after expansion with everyone and their mum trying to scrabble as much money together so that they can get the epic titles sts have given us for completing the new ap's (nice job btw) or for the various arcane items available. This doesn't necessarily need to be a bad thing though.

Why not introduce a 'capping' system where each weapon has a minimum and maximum value? In real life the reality is that any tradeable item has a base price. A price that the manufacturer is not willing to sell beneath as it would not make any money. Once this is introduced there is at least a chance of the item selling, and no chance of some idiot coming along and undercutting an item you have listed in cs for 1.5m by 500k. This act normally causes a landslide as everyone wants to sell their items first causing items to get lower and lower extremely quickly. Most people with any common sense will then just wait for it to drop to sillY cheap and then buy. The Maximum value would be there as a guide price so that people know what they should be worth....... As a kind of RRP, with STS acting as the 'Manufacturer.'

Ultimately i agree with everything Taejo has said (great post btw) and i feel that his points are extremely valid and would help sort alot of the issues out, but i also think that something needs to be done about the CS pricing structure too. Otherwise as stated in previous posts, the game will die a slow death, with end gamers like me and Taejo and the rest of our guild getting bored of going nowhere fast.

Sorry for the ramble and if it wasnt coherant, but it was rushed as im at work, if i havent thought of something please comment

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joncheese For This Useful Post: