Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Do you farm Elite Shuyal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

some long post from Alrisaia and Taejo. Amazing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    Let me add, each season introduced different types of gear, with new gears better than the previous gears, as follows.

Season 1- Berserkers/Juggernauts(warrior),Cloak/Leather(rogue) and Demonlogist(mage)
    Season 2 -Demonlords
    Season 3 - Sealords/Bloodhammers
    Season 4 - Noble gears, and
    Season 5 - Architects

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it would be better if the older maps (say Brack to Ydra) would only drop elite gears scaled up to lvl 16 and Dead city maps scaled to 21, and Kraken, lvl 26 and so and so forth. By then we could revisit these old elite maps and farm for discontinued gears, which would make farming more diverse.

What is happening is the best gears at low levels have been hoarded by rich players, if you wanna start the game as a newbie using the gold the quests give you, you have no chance of obtaining the best gear atm because the price are way too high, except for crappy pinks inside crates. There are maybe some valuable pinks inside crates but the game will look like a "pay to win" game if the only access to the best gear is by opening crates.

Thus, I would suggest, make those discontinued items farmable again, the farming will be much diverse and players (who would like to twink) can compete with other players.
    Yes, agreed. Many people don't realize that twink gear farming is a huge part of any strong MMORPG's economy and overall enjoyment of game play for end-gamers. PL embraces this aspect, however, AL has left it out almost entirely (only chance is to crack open old chests [Golden II, Banded II, etc.]). I hate to see good, enjoyable content just sitting in the dust and rotting away. This is the case with places like elite Brackenridge and Dead City, aside from venturing there for a LB timed run attempt.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    Yes, agreed. Many people don't realize that twink gear farming is a huge part of any strong MMORPG's economy and overall enjoyment of game play for end-gamers. PL embraces this aspect, however, AL has left it out almost entirely (only chance is to crack open old chests [Golden II, Banded II, etc.]). I hate to see good, enjoyable content just sitting in the dust and rotting away. This is the case with places like elite Brackenridge and Dead City, aside from venturing there for a LB timed run attempt.
    The problem with 'twink farming' is it over ran leveling in PL. New players trying to enjoy the content would get torn past by over powered toons 50 levels to high for the content that would destroy the boss before they knew what was going on.
    Now, in AL, even the 'low levels' are Level Based, like when a bunch of 31's go farm Jarl, it is ONLY 31's, they are not tearing past level 4's and 5's anymore, so that problem is solved. Of course, if twink farming is farming regular low levels for pinks, well then, uhh ... yeah, that would be profitable for all of 30 seconds before the market floods to pieces. Take a look at any pink Jarl drops. That is part of the issue with what you are asking for. As soon as these items ARE droppable, they will be over farmed to death, their value will drop to hundreds of gold, and everyone will be right back here calling for a nerf.

I will repeat what I have repeated since 2010. Players don't want the drops increased, they only want them increased for themselves. Note, this is not an insult or saying players are selfish, it is just human nature, and I am the same way.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    The problem with 'twink farming' is it over ran leveling in PL. New players trying to enjoy the content would get torn past by over powered toons 50 levels to high for the content that would destroy the boss before they knew what was going on.
    Now, in AL, even the 'low levels' are Level Based, like when a bunch of 31's go farm Jarl, it is ONLY 31's, they are not tearing past level 4's and 5's anymore, so that problem is solved. Of course, if twink farming is farming regular low levels for pinks, well then, uhh ... yeah, that would be profitable for all of 30 seconds before the market floods to pieces. Take a look at any pink Jarl drops. That is part of the issue with what you are asking for. As soon as these items ARE droppable, they will be over farmed to death, their value will drop to hundreds of gold, and everyone will be right back here calling for a nerf.

I will repeat what I have repeated since 2010. Players don't want the drops increased, they only want them increased for themselves. Note, this is not an insult or saying players are selfish, it is just human nature, and I am the same way.
    Yes, good points. Hopefully someone like Energizeric can drop by and propose a better idea. I'd still like to see a more enjoyable way to farm twink loot implemented - I'm sure we can make this happen.

EDIT: Maybe create a separate thread on this. Let's not stray too far off this OP's topic. My fault for mentioning twink loot
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-05-2013 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post

Fluff – the OP is actually inferring that Bael drops are the problem here and for drops to be decreased. What King is saying in his OP, is that the Elite Gear that drops from Elite Bosses in Elite Shuyal are so common (we believe because of Shuyal Arena and Bael / Krunch), that their value has dropped to close to nothing comparatively speaking with prior xpacs where the only place to farm was in Elite Dungeons.

I believe the drop rates are about right to be perfectly honest. Without a reroll I get about 1 top loot drop in 30 runs (Malison from Bael I, Snaggletooth / Wrathjaw from Antee) With reroll it’s about 1 in 10 – which lines up perfectly with the reroll % modifiers etc…

I always enjoy reading your posts Fluff and want to take this twink discussion further
    Trying to stay on topic – and I’d love to move our discussion to the Suggestion thread and have some good whiteboarding about how we can make Twink farming *work* in this game.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    Fluff – the OP is actually inferring that Bael drops are the problem here and for drops to be decreased. What King is saying in his OP, is that the Elite Gear that drops from Elite Bosses in Elite Shuyal are so common (we believe because of Shuyal Arena and Bael / Krunch), that their value has dropped to close to nothing comparatively speaking with prior xpacs where the only place to farm was in Elite Dungeons.

I believe the drop rates are about right to be perfectly honest. Without a reroll I get about 1 top loot drop in 30 runs (Malison from Bael I, Snaggletooth / Wrathjaw from Antee) With reroll it’s about 1 in 10 – which lines up perfectly with the reroll % modifiers etc…

I always enjoy reading your posts Fluff and want to take this twink discussion further
    Trying to stay on topic – and I’d love to move our discussion to the Suggestion thread and have some good whiteboarding about how we can make Twink farming *work* in this game.
    Sorry, the Fluffy brain tends to multitask and was responding to the suggestion of releasing of discontinued gear as farmable.
    And yes, of course having Bael/Krunk drop the current best farmed gear is wiping the market. They made a lot of sense as mid season addons to give players that have ALREADY gotten tired of farming the true leets like crazy something else to do. But having them at the beginning of the campaign and having them drop the top gear is a bad idea. Didn't they learn this already with the elite crates, when they first fixed it so Jarl could not give Top Elite level items, and then they finally capped him at 25 since that did not even stop players?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

3 rogues 1 mage

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Most of you guys that want to nerfed the drop from bael and krunch is only thinking about yourself.
    I think bael and krunch is the only hope for "poor people" in the game.
    I mean there are still lots of lv 35 player that still using lv31 armor & weapon.
    When they want to farm elite, ussually the good player that know their bad status will quickly leave them so it will be more difficult for them to farm.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jetzzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzzz View Post
    Most of you guys that want to nerfed the drop from bael and krunch is only thinking about yourself.
    I mean there are still lots of lv 35 player that still using lv31 armor & weapon.
    When they want to farm elite, ussually the good player that know their bad status will quickly leave them so it will be more difficult for them to farm.
    Bael & Krunch will still drop really good stuff - just not Shuyal elite items.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzzz View Post
    With all due respect, I strongly disagree. This is what a guild is for. Couple of months ago I was in a guild (one of the TOP 3) and within 3 weeks I did not have a single run with a member, let alone with an officer. No matter how I begged for Skull Cove AP, which we now run close to LB time.

You just confirm what I was saying about easy drops ruining the game. So, instead of searching for a good guild, the "poor" player gets an easy drop. And then what? He will PUG Skull Cove?

And one more remark: Skill > Gear to a big extent. And that Team > Gear is obvious.

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingMartin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

I think where we currently stand on this topic, is that some serious changes need to be considered with Bael/Krunch's loot tables. It's pretty sad to log in every day to see friends and different guilds not running elite maps, but hunting Bael/Krunch - because that's where the best risk vs reward is right now.

Thank you for starting this thread, King, and thank you everyone for the feedback thus far.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

also just to throw out a wiifm for sts to re-evaluate bael and krunch loot tables...
    i don't know a single player who has ever shelled out a plat for a revive at bael or krunch not do i see people using alucklixer

just saying

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    302 Posts

Good news is that I hear Bael and Krunch spawn got rarer.

Bad thing is that I hear they can drop even Ensorcelled rings at level 36. Now, that gets really funny

Is there any desired item in the game (besides expensive arcanes), for which you must work really hard and get well-deserved reward?

I think the time is not far when all end gamers would have the same gear and perhaps only owning arcane items will make a difference. But perhaps it is a good thing, because skill > gear to a big extent. I can confirm this from PvE point of view (positively) and even more PvP (negatively, lol)

KingMartin AKA Queenotshade
    GM at <Elite Runners>
    Sig: Courtesy of Bloodpack

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

I think that's just a rumor King... perhaps we should start some rumors that he's been removed

<Elite Runners>

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post: