Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
I see why they want to make the game multi platform. Its a way of pushing the envelope. However if you just released pocket legends for pc initially and not on mobile... i doubt anyone would play it, and that makes the direction PL is taking a gamble. Where this will go is anyones guess. Maybe it will bring huge attention to the game, or maybe it will go no where.

Either way there is no way around the fact that once the game hits the PC, the mobile version will in many ways become marginalized. Pocket legends runs the danger of no longer being "Hot new mmorpg for a phone!" but instead becoming "that mmorpg (sorta) that you can play on your phone when you aren't at home or not doing something difficult in game.... but compared to other pc mmorpg's has no where near the same graphics, capabilities or content, and its not free." Moving it to android was just plain smart. Releasing the PC client is a big wild card.

In theory the iphone and android PL market shouldn't be affected, and no one is going to look for a PC mmorpg and want to play PL, so it can be assumed that phone users will seek out the game. I personally think it will bring attention to the game but also turn off many players who don't want to play on their PC (most probably cause they have better games on their PC already), or have macs, or simply realize that they can't perform as well as the players using actual computers on their phones. If you think the Booting players out of games is outrageous now, just wait until players start booting you cause you are on a phone; why would anyone want to play with someone who can't easily communicate or function well compared to you?

overall, the PC client will probably be good for the company, but either a side note or bad for the mobile application. Time will tell. Of course while all this development is going on, the actual game itself is not being developed at the same pace as it was, the class/skill/equipment system is suffering and there is very little endgame content.

But hey, for game companies, some times you got to go all in and roll the dice. Hopefully, with time, a better game will come as a result.
I thoroughly agree with this. It's very risky for PL indeed, and i would actually prefer if they kept the game to smartphones alone. Despite probably having more income, the consequence is they have to deal with more problems like hacking and botting.

I just hope that this doesn't turn out for the worst