Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Platinum bought weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Default Platinum bought weapons

Hi everyone,

Over the last week or so since expansion I have noticed alot of disheartened platinum users within the AL community, myself being one of them. The reason for this is of course because most of those players have spent hundreds, if not thousands on opening crates to try and get their dream arcane item. Most of whom have had no luck. Most of whom received immediately non tradeable legendary items, and a lucky few who were fortunate enough to get the odd mythic.

Now, for some time I have been trying to think of a solution for this that pleases everyone, and here it is...

Why not create some non tradeable weapons that can be purchased using plat only from the store?

Now I know immediately alot of you will be against this, but hear me out. Im not talking about items that will be the best in game, this would be unfair to those that cannot afford plat. Im talking about limited mythic weapons. Weapons for each class, weapons that are good enough for us endgamers to want to spend real money on, but that dont take the fun out of the game by making the arcane items inferior. This I think is extremely important for us and for STS. It does not remove the fun 'chance' factor from the game, available to all levels. It keeps the arcane weapons etc at the top of the 'wanted' list, and, most importantly for STS it lines their pockets

There is no reason why this shouldn't be possible, as it has been done with Slag and Abaddon etc. These are non tradeable and are loved by all. Lets bring the pet-plat option in for weapons!

This is just a thought and is a tip of a large AL iceberg as far as improvements are concerned, and Traejo has pointed out some great ideas on this post here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...m-Elite-Shuyal
    But I do believe it would make us plat spenders a bit happier, make our game more interesting, increase the competition and make the devs some money. Winners all round.

Thanks for reading

Ign: Ice / Scar ~ Guild <Karma>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

You already know opening crates are a gamble, and you either get lucky or not.

I have nothing more to say because its 5 in the morning and I just woke up.
    Last edited by gison; 09-04-2013 at 07:40 AM.
    Lel. You Fanny.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gison For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

No they won't change it. Gibs said it best, you aren't being forced to open locked crates, but when you do, you're taking a gamble.

Save your plat, sell your locked, farm for more and keep selling, acquire items, done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Im not gonna stop gambling, why do people automatically presume im moaning and against it, all im saying is inject those extra weapons etc. Im not talking about arcane items. So how would this affect anything?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Chests from store = waste
    Locks = waste
    Plat = waste
    Hope this guid helped!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Maybe as it is 5am learn to read it properly? .... I am a very big plat user I enjoy opening crates and I am not talking a few I open 100-200 even more sometimes .... a day, I also farm hard! what Jon is saying is bring in a weapon for the plat users, make buying the platinum worth while, as the legendary weapons from crates are USELESS! Even the myth items from crates have dropped in value, but that was to be expected.

So why not make a weapon for each class that is not in any way as good as arcane. Surely introduce new ideas to keep the game alive? How is this idea any different than buying mythic pets in the store? This idea is to bring more money and weapons into the game that are on par with the current mythics! I know parents in this game that also want there children to have good items but its a struggle to get 3x everything.

People that complain about this are obviously non plat users and and it is plat users that pay for you guys to play.

Quote Originally Posted by gison View Post
    You already know opening crates are a gamble, and you either get lucky or not.

I have nothing more to say because its 5 in the morning and I just woke up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Player24 View Post
    Chests from store = waste
    Locks = waste
    Plat = waste
    Hope this guid helped!
    Agreed they are a waste, but they pay for this marvellous game. Without plat spenders we would not have it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

And that's just sad if sts won't change things, games need to stay current and your nieve if you think any different

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    No they won't change it. Gibs said it best, you aren't being forced to open locked crates, but when you do, you're taking a gamble.

Save your plat, sell your locked, farm for more and keep selling, acquire items, done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joncheese View Post
    Hi everyone,

Over the last week or so since expansion I have noticed alot of disheartened platinum users within the AL community, myself being one of them. The reason for this is of course because most of those players have spent hundreds, if not thousands on opening crates to try and get their dream arcane item. Most of whom have had no luck. Most of whom received immediately non tradeable legendary items, and a lucky few who were fortunate enough to get the odd mythic.

Now, for some time I have been trying to think of a solution for this that pleases everyone, and here it is...

Why not create some non tradeable weapons that can be purchased using plat only from the store?

Now I know immediately alot of you will be against this, but hear me out. Im not talking about items that will be the best in game, this would be unfair to those that cannot afford plat. Im talking about limited mythic weapons. Weapons for each class, weapons that are good enough for us endgamers to want to spend real money on, but that dont take the fun out of the game by making the arcane items inferior. This I think is extremely important for us and for STS. It does not remove the fun 'chance' factor from the game, available to all levels. It keeps the arcane weapons etc at the top of the 'wanted' list, and, most importantly for STS it lines their pockets

There is no reason why this shouldn't be possible, as it has been done with Slag and Abaddon etc. These are non tradeable and are loved by all. Lets bring the pet-plat option in for weapons!

This is just a thought and is a tip of a large AL iceberg as far as improvements are concerned, and Traejo has pointed out some great ideas on this post here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...m-Elite-Shuyal
    But I do believe it would make us plat spenders a bit happier, make our game more interesting, increase the competition and make the devs some money. Winners all round.

Thanks for reading
    Jon, I know you’re not ranting, but I don't think this will ever happen...

Two immediately evident reasons I can think of are:

1) Crates are a skinner box, thus have addictive properties and keep people coming back and spending more money – look it up if you’re not familiar. If someone can just ‘buy’ the second best gear in the game, then fewer crates would be opened and the game would lose some of its addictive properties. I personally buy second best IRL frequently – it’s a very very effective way to save money.
    2) You already can ‘buy’ the arcane weapons with plat since there’s a plat -> gold converter already or you can just flat out buy gold with $$. Either way you accomplish the same goal.

I do believe that more variety in gear that has comparable stats is needed. I’ve been saying this forever. I’m sick of seeing little clones run around wearing exactly the same gear and using the same build. Without this variety I’m going to start losing interest soon. Last season challenging elite maps held my interest well, this season, hopefully pvp will hold my interest… if not I will be seriously considering what to do with my hard earned money and, perhaps even not sharing it with STGs shareholders.

Right now, the odds of getting an arcane weapon have been guessed at being roughly 1000:1. So, STS expects 15000 plat for each arcane weapon in the game.

Personally – I’d really like to see two servers for this game… one freemium (the one we’re on with crates and plat) and one with NO PLAT players permitted, crates wouldn’t exist but with a subscription fee player base. I already pay roughly $30 / mo. to play this game in plat. Why not just make it a $29.99 subscription. Make the lixers that you get from klaas and shazbot ‘items’ that you can hold in your inventory and use when you want to.

Anyway - sorry I got off track there abit

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

You're saying you open a ton of crates on a daily basis, that's a good thing because it means a lot of money for STS.

If I understood you correctly, you open those crates to obtain some of the better gear available (Mythics, Arcanes), right? If I had to guess, I'd say that people would open way less crates if they can get gear that's competetive (better than legendaries) for plat.

Don't get me wrong here, as a plat spender I like your idea, but from a business perspective the current way of gambling seems to have people like yourself hooked on opening a ton crates regularly. If even a small percentage of the big 'crate openers' would open less crates because of a 1-time purchase per cap, it would mean a overall loss of income for STS.

So yeah, maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it just doesn't sound like a move that would benefit the income of STS/G.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Honestly if they were to make platinum bought weapons they would most likely be tradeable like the leprechaun amulet. They would just end up in auction and anyone could buy them for gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

The crate items will always be better, I open for arcane as I'm sure most of us do. We are just asking to add more items in the game especially for plat users, I see what you mean from a business perspective, it could go either way but I'm almost sure people will open them still for the arcane items, so many have been opened since expansion just at the hope of getting the arcane staff or arcane pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

That is probably true

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    You're saying you open a ton of crates on a daily basis, that's a good thing because it means a lot of money for STS.

If I understood you correctly, you open those crates to obtain some of the better gear available (Mythics, Arcanes), right? If I had to guess, I'd say that people would open way less crates if they can get gear that's competetive (better than legendaries) for plat.

Don't get me wrong here, as a plat spender I like your idea, but from a business perspective the current way of gambling seems to have people like yourself hooked on opening a ton crates regularly. If even a small percentage of the big 'crate openers' would open less crates because of a 1-time purchase per cap, it would mean a overall loss of income for STS.

So yeah, maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it just doesn't sound like a move that would benefit the income of STS/G.
    I know what you're saying mate, and as I stated I'm all for it. I wasn't suggesting many items, maybe a select weapon for each class. I obviously appreciate that opening crates is their main revenue, so would have to maintain this. But when u think about it it is no different than the Pete that you buy for platinum. You would also not be able to re sell them, making it a one time only weapon. Meaning that it would not affect the market as you could not make any money on them. As I also stated these weapons would also be only on par with other mythics, making them still inferior to arcane weapons.

It is purely from a gaming perspective I am looking at, rather than a 'I want to make money' perspective.

Think about those who just want to play at a high level but haven't got the time to farm. Well not all the time anyway. I farmed for days on end to pay for my mythic armour, and I would do it gladly again, infact I invite sts to give us another challenge worthy of hours of hard work.

Anyway, hope I clarified that I'm just trying to make things more fun by giving people more options, that's all. Not looking to change the basic structure of the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post

Personally – I’d really like to see two servers for this game… one freemium (the one we’re on with crates and plat) and one with NO PLAT players permitted, crates wouldn’t exist but with a subscription fee player base. I already pay roughly $30 / mo. to play this game in plat. Why not just make it a $29.99 subscription. Make the lixers that you get from klaas and shazbot ‘items’ that you can hold in your inventory and use when you want to.

I Love that idea!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Jon, I know you’re not ranting, but I don't think this will ever happen...

Two immediately evident reasons I can think of are:

1) Crates are a skinner box, thus have addictive properties and keep people coming back and spending more money – look it up if you’re not familiar. If someone can just ‘buy’ the second best gear in the game, then fewer crates would be opened and the game would lose some of its addictive properties. I personally buy second best IRL frequently – it’s a very very effective way to save money.
    2) You already can ‘buy’ the arcane weapons with plat since there’s a plat -> gold converter already or you can just flat out buy gold with $$. Either way you accomplish the same goal.

I do believe that more variety in gear that has comparable stats is needed. I’ve been saying this forever. I’m sick of seeing little clones run around wearing exactly the same gear and using the same build. Without this variety I’m going to start losing interest soon. Last season challenging elite maps held my interest well, this season, hopefully pvp will hold my interest… if not I will be seriously considering what to do with my hard earned money and, perhaps even not sharing it with STGs shareholders.

Right now, the odds of getting an arcane weapon have been guessed at being roughly 1000:1. So, STS expects 15000 plat for each arcane weapon in the game.

Thanks for ur input alr, but I think people are losing track of what I am suggesting.

I merely want to add more variety, more reasons to play this great game. But eithout affecting the market or STS.
    A 1 off purchase weapon that is non tradable would be a good idea. It would not discourage from spending x amount of plat on an arcane egg or weapon (whether in gold bought by plat or by crates), because you would still have to do that. Merely another option at AN item that is quite Copland only plat users can get.

See what I'm saying?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Love this idea too mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Actually aren't the bundle armor/weapons platinum bought only with platinum? Cant find those on any stages. They normally are worth nothing in auction. And sts has said that they want non platinum players to get same experience as platinum buyers. Its part of why this game is so successful compared to other games that make you buy currency with real money. You don't have to spend money to be rich in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

There currently is an option to buy weapons for Plat - bundle & weapon chest
    It's a shame that we have to play the game for better weapons than what's offered for plat- the nerve of STS, how dare they...

I like Alrisaia's idea of a No Plat server. $30/month seems steep though.
    THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emmacheese View Post
    People that complain about this are obviously non plat users and and it is plat users that pay for you guys to play.
    Well my eyebrows raised when I read this. I have bought plat for some items, inventory slots, characters slots and others, I opened a few crates myself but not on a large quantity like you guys open, so I'm 95% non-plat user. I am personally thankful for plat users for the money you guys spent on this, expansions have been made and fresh contents are added. I think your post is rooted on your frustration of not getting any arcane/mythic items while opening crates. You should accept the fact that opening those crates are based on pure luck.

On your suggestion of adding a plat-purchaseable weapon, I disagree with this because it will make the game pretty boring and everyone (especially if you can afford plat) would all look the same. Once purchased by everyone, we will all look like drones carrying the same weapon, pretty common, don't you think? Another point, is why would I spend 1,000 of plat opening crates when I can get, a second-best weapon for 150 plat? This will be the immediate reaction of people frustrated by crates.
    The Forum here is more FUN!