Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Platinum bought weapons

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

If I was frustrated I wouldn't open I'm a gambler in game and irl. And love it! And I have had some great luck with crates so I'm not moaning at that! Everyone has opinions which is great whether agreed or not it makes it a discussion I'm saying the forum trolls! That complain and don't bring anything to the table.

I would like to see the crates revamped a little too but we will see on that hey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    You're saying you open a ton of crates on a daily basis, that's a good thing because it means a lot of money for STS.

If I understood you correctly, you open those crates to obtain some of the better gear available (Mythics, Arcanes), right? If I had to guess, I'd say that people would open way less crates if they can get gear that's competetive (better than legendaries) for plat.

Don't get me wrong here, as a plat spender I like your idea, but from a business perspective the current way of gambling seems to have people like yourself hooked on opening a ton crates regularly. If even a small percentage of the big 'crate openers' would open less crates because of a 1-time purchase per cap, it would mean a overall loss of income for STS.

So yeah, maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it just doesn't sound like a move that would benefit the income of STS/G.

^^This, in a way I'd love to see it happen....but it wont.
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fumolamota View Post
    There currently is an option to buy weapons for Plat - bundle & weapon chest
    It's a shame that we have to play the game for better weapons than what's offered for plat- the nerve of STS, how dare they...

I like Alrisaia's idea of a No Plat server. $30/month seems steep though.
    @ Fumo -

I would gladly pay $30 / mo. to play this game. Especially if it meant it was a no plat server and we could get 'elixers' that were stashable etc... Give us a slightly larger stash, and a slightly larger inventory and BAM - no need for plat at all... make a 'Vanity' NPC who sells Vanity for Gold and you have another gold sink for the MIMO system - seems ok to me?

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    Well my eyebrows raised when I read this. I have bought plat for some items, inventory slots, characters slots and others, I opened a few crates myself but not on a large quantity like you guys open, so I'm 95% non-plat user. I am personally thankful for plat users for the money you guys spent on this, expansions have been made and fresh contents are added. I think your post is rooted on your frustration of not getting any arcane/mythic items while opening crates. You should accept the fact that opening those crates are based on pure luck.

On your suggestion of adding a plat-purchaseable weapon, I disagree with this because it will make the game pretty boring and everyone (especially if you can afford plat) would all look the same. Once purchased by everyone, we will all look like drones carrying the same weapon, pretty common, don't you think? Another point, is why would I spend 1,000 of plat opening crates when I can get, a second-best weapon for 150 plat? This will be the immediate reaction of people frustrated by crates.
    Don't we all look the same already? I've been saying for months that we needed more than *one* end game weapon. I love Zuzeq's idea for more Mythic weapons... like the Rogue's Katana (High Damage Single blade low DPS) sort of thing...

I buy plat - about $30 / mo. worth... but I spend it in one go to get most bang for buck...

My problem is in the fact that legendary gear is pretty much so common that the Epic / Rare gear isn't used... I remember playing other MMOs and being stuck in some older lv 30 gear when I hit the cap (lv 50) because I couldn't afford the rare stuff - it was that rare. Ultimately what it comes down to is you have the following gear in this game and it's been the same since season II let me explain:

Legendary items are broken up into the following categories:

Top Legendary: Elite Drops - (drops obtained directly from bosses in Elite) (Noble / Architect)
    Second Legendary Gear: Elite Chest Finds (drops obtained from opening chests that are obtained from Elite bosses) (Champions / Shade)
    Tertiary Elite Gear: Crate Pinks (also known as Trash pinks) (Drops obtained from opening crates) (Bonechill / Devourer / Dimensional)
    Lastly non Elite Pinks: Store Bought Pinks (items obtained from purchasing them at the store with plat) (Shadow / Radiant)

I even think there's a category of pink gear that drops from 'normal' chests from each campaign, but alas - those don't really sell other than for vanities...

So - we have these categories of pink gear... then there's the epic and rare gear which is pretty much ignored completely because of the above tiers of pinks being so abundant.

Additionally - now that Bael drops pretty much every type of gear in the game (all the best) and he's being found so frequently - the risk / reward for running Elite is dwindling. Most likely this is intentional since STS has even indicated in other threads that updated elite maps is a strain on their resources...

Personally I love to run Elite and challenge myself to compete at LB level, or to get as close as I can. I love the fight - it's exciting and great to see a giant pull of 30 + mobs incoming and then the traps go off, and the mage hits the ice and the other mages hits the clock and WOW!!! 30 mobs locked up all in a nice little tight ball just waiting for my RS to come in and tear them to shreds... Sorry tangent -

anyway - I find that the game lacks diversity in gear, Why not have 5 sets of Top Legendary gear? Server overhead? Bandwidth overhead? Graphics overhead? What??? I mean, really almost all of the epics and rares could be replaced with gold and we would all be happy using ONE CLASS OF GEAR... who cares what color it is?!! What matters are the stats and how well you can put it to use!
    Last edited by Alrisaia; 09-04-2013 at 01:26 PM.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

They already have this option, change cash to gold or sell off leprechaun amulets and buy whatever you want

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Zanpakuto View Post
    They already have this option, change cash to gold or sell off leprechaun amulets and buy whatever you want

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

i don't agree because all money players got FULL equip.. and non money players get nothing. would have more advantage of which we have

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xXz21 View Post
    i don't agree because all money players got FULL equip.. and non money players get nothing. would have more advantage of which we have
    So sorry...i have to correct you on this !

People who actually put in money will definitely speed up the process of getting full mythic equip. While players who spend zero money will definitely need to farm to get their full mythic gear which will take a longer time as compared to those who spend money.

However, spending money to open crates doesn't mean that you'll definitely get mythic/arcane gears. It's a matter of luck though!

Pardon me for my poor english! :<
    Laraaaaaaaa
    Rogue Lv 71

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ♥XinXin♥ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    You're saying you open a ton of crates on a daily basis, that's a good thing because it means a lot of money for STS.

If I understood you correctly, you open those crates to obtain some of the better gear available (Mythics, Arcanes), right? If I had to guess, I'd say that people would open way less crates if they can get gear that's competetive (better than legendaries) for plat.

Don't get me wrong here, as a plat spender I like your idea, but from a business perspective the current way of gambling seems to have people like yourself hooked on opening a ton crates regularly. If even a small percentage of the big 'crate openers' would open less crates because of a 1-time purchase per cap, it would mean a overall loss of income for STS.

So yeah, maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it just doesn't sound like a move that would benefit the income of STS/G.
    Thank you ^ what I meant at 5am.
    Lel. You Fanny.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Off topic but does leprechaun amulet work on chests?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aerospacegod View Post
    Off topic but does leprechaun amulet work on chests?
    Nope

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #31
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

The idea is not "off the table", however in this scenario the items would have to be tradeable.

Why you ask? Because if it's not tradeable, and can never find its way into the hands of a person who never wants to pay, then its a pay to win item. The argument that players spending money for crates to get arcanes and mythic weapons is pay to win falls short when you consider that some players are farming them for the explicit purpose of selling on the consignment shop for gold. They also can come out of Elite Gold chests which are earned by playing the game. A lucky drop, or lucky gold chest, and you can hit the jackpot... without paying. This is important to maintain.

Think of a PvP scenario where players can just buy a mythic weapon off the store and steam roll players that don't want, or don't have the means, to pay. We have to keep the field as level as possible.

The bottom line is it's a possibility and can be done. However it would need to be tradeable.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    The idea is not "off the table", however in this scenario the items would have to be tradeable.

Why you ask? Because if it's not tradeable, and can never find its way into the hands of a person who never wants to pay, then its a pay to win item. The argument that players spending money for crates to get arcanes and mythic weapons is pay to win falls short when you consider that some players are farming them for the explicit purpose of selling on the consignment shop for gold. They also can come out of Elite Gold chests which are earned by playing the game. A lucky drop, or lucky gold chest, and you can hit the jackpot... without paying. This is important to maintain.

Think of a PvP scenario where players can just buy a mythic weapon off the store and steam roll players that don't want, or don't have the means, to pay. We have to keep the field as level as possible.

The bottom line is it's a possibility and can be done. However it would need to be tradeable.
    TBH in this case I think it would actually be better for it not to be implamented at all. Although I have never bought a single plat in this game (I have my hands full with Pl!), I think that it will be a better option for both you guys' profit and the overall economy for this not to be possible.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ooommmggg View Post
    TBH in this case I think it would actually be better for it not to be implamented at all. Although I have never bought a single plat in this game (I have my hands full with Pl!), I think that it will be a better option for both you guys' profit and the overall economy for this not to be possible.
    Whether it should be done is another question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronMonkey View Post
    Well my eyebrows raised when I read this. I have bought plat for some items, inventory slots, characters slots and others, I opened a few crates myself but not on a large quantity like you guys open, so I'm 95% non-plat user. I am personally thankful for plat users for the money you guys spent on this, expansions have been made and fresh contents are added. I think your post is rooted on your frustration of not getting any arcane/mythic items while opening crates. You should accept the fact that opening those crates are based on pure luck.

On your suggestion of adding a plat-purchaseable weapon, I disagree with this because it will make the game pretty boring and everyone (especially if you can afford plat) would all look the same. Once purchased by everyone, we will all look like drones carrying the same weapon, pretty common, don't you think? Another point, is why would I spend 1,000 of plat opening crates when I can get, a second-best weapon for 150 plat? This will be the immediate reaction of people frustrated by crates.
    +1 agree with ironmonkey !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

well it would be better to have an option at-least to buy arcane items on store.

i try to open a lot of crates all is garbage. like minimum of 500 crates.. zero arcane.

so now im not opening anything of your crates. waste of money.

better to farm and use plats for reroll.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

I'm pretty sure those of us who gamble on opening crates wouldn't stop just because there is other items in the store, especially if these items are not the best in the game, and you can't even get mythic weapons from crates right now! it means more things to spend plat on so that means more money for sts, I like the idea because it injects more variety in the game which can only be a good thing.

Ideally I would love mythic items to drop from very hard boss encounters, it would have to be a boss that was hard enough to justify dropping a mythic item with only a small % chance. or even parts of an item! I'm sure some of you guys played wow and remember the hand of Rag! as contrary to what people might think we personally would love to work harder than sit in town opening crates! However I know this would never happen as we do kind of have it in the game with opening elite golden chests
    Last edited by Emmacheese; 09-05-2013 at 03:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Thank you for the reply it is good to know you have thrown this idea around, I would like to reiterate that we are not looking for an advantage because we spend plat, just to have more variety as an option.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Emmacheese For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I like this idea but STS won't change that
    CallMeOops
    Earning Gold Daily - Hit Me Up For Elite Runs/Egg Hunting etc

Main St. , Rockhorn Summit in Tindirin, Arlor
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Heres my perspective on this in different scenarios

(Credit to those who have given their same scenarios)

Implemented w/ Tradability:
    -Well look the same (As we already do)
    -Sudden Reaction of Plat-Users
    -Unfair to those who cant afford ANY plat at all

Implemented w/o Tradability
    -Same Look (But Less than if it were tradeable)
    -Pay to Win
    -Sudden Reaction
    -Less income for STG

To be honest,It'd be better if it were implemented some other time.It'd also be better if we let the game take its time and let other changes happen first.
    Last edited by Helicopter; 09-05-2013 at 07:24 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

you always can buy a mythic or arcane with plats.... without gambling ofc... buy plats -> buy gold from store -> buy weapon in CS... this only applies to those real spender

Sent from my LG-P970 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2