Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pets with platinum

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default Pets with platinum

Make this simple.
    Give us the egg not the pet.
    If we wanna open we will if not then we won't.
    We spend 5-20 bucks on plat I want the egg. My money my decision.
    i understand the egg will drop in price blahahahah. I dnt care.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

The only benefit to doing this would be to have accessibility to plat exclusive pets to the general 'non-paying' customers... This would then remove the 'Exclusivity' of the pet, and thus reduce plat sales for STS. just my opinion.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alrisaia View Post
    The only benefit to doing this would be to have accessibility to plat exclusive pets to the general 'non-paying' customers... This would then remove the 'Exclusivity' of the pet, and thus reduce plat sales for STS. just my opinion.
    You are wrong but thanks for opinion.
    They don't make money from people buying pets. They make money from people purchasing platinum. Thanks for trying
    And if they added an optinion purchase egg for 200+ platinum (depending on which one) or buy pet...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Player24 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Player24 View Post
    They don't make money from people buying pets. They make money from people purchasing platinum. Thanks for trying
    And if they added an optinion purchase egg for 200+ platinum (depending on which one) or buy pet...
    Gotta agree with this, they make $ as soon as you buy the platnium and it doesn't matter what you use it on they already made there $, now tbh I buy plat and I buy "plat exclusive" pets and I always thought why can't free players get these? Not every person in the world can buy plats, besides who cares if your pets are exclusive or not? The best pets in the game (arcane) can be purchased with gold (from auction/players) , this is a good idea and defiantly gets a +1 from me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I got my Slag without buying any plat.

I like the +200 plat idea for eggs, though, meaning a Slag egg would be 450 plat.
    Prices for Slag would be well over 500k, since that plat could be exchanged directly for 450k.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    I got my Slag without buying any plat.

I like the +200 plat idea for eggs, though, meaning a Slag egg would be 450 plat.
    Prices for Slag would be well over 500k, since that plat could be exchanged directly for 450k.
    Exactly my (and the OP) point, it's a lot better if we get the egg and prices wouldnt be below the the amount of plat to gold exchange plus it allows non-plat users to get these pets, STS gets there money we get are egg/pet or sell it for gold, win-win situation to me

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

we will take this idea into consideration

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Totally understand where OP is coming from. I totally would've stocked up on slag eggs before they were discontinued, haha. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Make this simple.
    Give us the egg not the pet.
    If we wanna open we will if not then we won't.
    We spend 5-20 bucks on plat I want the egg. My money my decision.
    i understand the egg will drop in price blahahahah. I dnt care.
    If you want the egg then the sacrifice you should make is having some pets debuffed.. They do have some exclusive stats...

Sure, you don't care about price drop... Blablahblah. Wait till you see cheaper pets in auction. That means a lot of people will be running around with "exclusive pet stats."

And you can't forget about the complaint threads...
    Last edited by Ebezaanec; 09-05-2013 at 12:06 AM.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    If you want the egg then the sacrifice you should make is having some pets debuffed.. They do have some exclusive stats...

Sure, you don't care about price drop... Blablahblah. Wait till you see cheaper pets in auction. That means a lot of people will be running around with "exclusive pet stats."

And you can't forget about the complaint threads...
    I already stated that prices wouldn't drop below the plat 2 gold transfer rate for example slag was 250plat, 250plat is 250k in the plat to gold transfer system therefore unless people intentionally wanted to rip themselves off it would never be below 250k & how is it a bad thing if people are running around with "exclusive pet stats" I'd way rather go into a PUG or w/e and see more people with slag, haze, ripmaw etc then to go into one and see people with deary

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

And think of it this way "omg slag came back and we can buy eggs? Better stack up on them" that brings more $ to STS in platnium sales which therefore brings
    More content for us, again win-win situation in every way, shape and/or form

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

It should be noted however that mythics would not be included in this. Legendaries, epics, and rares potentially.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace:1253432
    we will take this idea into consideration
    If you do that I will be very happy Finaly can get beastmaster title...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    It should be noted however that mythics would not be included in this. Legendaries, epics, and rares potentially.
    Fair enough since mythics were never a egg in the first place, my point still stands for pets like haze

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Wow, seriously?

Nowhere in my post did I say they make money from selling pets. I agree with you in fact that they make money selling platinum. The minute the platinum is sold they made their money regardless of what that platinum was spent on or even if the platinum isn’t spent at all.

HOWEVER…

Having an exclusively platinum pet does the following and while I believe this is actually a good idea for the player base to make the pet purchase an egg purchase, my entire point was that I believed it would reduce plat sales in the long run and here is how:

I know players who buy platinum for no reason other than to buy the exclusive pets for AP as well as on the rare occasion they find one they want to use. Without the need to buy these exclusive pets with plat, they would buy them for gold and thus NOT buy them with plat, effectively reducing the gross revenue from plat sales. There would be no reason for those players to use plat any longer.

One might argue that more people would buy the pets because they can then sell them on the CS like the luck amulet. Well, here’s the thing with that… Those people who WOULD buy them, will be buying them with platinum they payed less money for. The players I mentioned above – they buy just enough plat to get the pet… So, 250 plat is what like $20 or something… When I buy platinum I buy 1700 at a time, about once every three months. That’s $89.99. The per plat/dollar ratio is different for every player and has to be taken into consideration if you’re going to formulate an argument about revenue which is ultimately what platinum translates into for STS.

Regardless it looks as though Carapace has indicated they will take this into consideration and frankly I love the idea because I will be able to collect some pets that I’m just simply not willing to spend plat on.

Again – this is my opinion based on my experiences, knowledge of the game, and business acumen. Next time though, if I may provide you with a little advice, be a little more considerate when you’re telling someone they’re wrong. You went about that in a very immature and rude manner, the dripping sarcasm was getting all over me when I read it and to be perfectly honest, I get enough sarcasm in my life from my children. I don’t want it here.

<Elite Runners>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I just want to buy clyde and haze.I hope this will happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by najcomp View Post
    I just want to buy clyde and haze.I hope this will happen
    It's a possibility and Carapace already said they'll look at it so hopefully it does become a reality

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It'd be interesting to see how this would effect farmed eggs, like Malison, in CS.
    THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE LEGEND

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fumolamota View Post
    It'd be interesting to see how this would effect farmed eggs, like Malison, in CS.
    Malisons already dropped in price to begin with, on top of that you can still farm for him there would just be a option to buy his egg via plat, this idea is more for those pets that are "exclusive" pets and giving non-plat buyers a chance to get them, and I'll state it a 4th time.... Unless people intentionally want to rip themselves off, egg prices wouldn't fall below the plat to gold transfer rate (Malison is 90plat, 90plat=90k his price wouldn't drop below 90k)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    Malisons already dropped in price to begin with, on top of that you can still farm for him there would just be a option to buy his egg via plat, this idea is more for those pets that are "exclusive" pets and giving non-plat buyers a chance to get them, and I'll state it a 4th time.... Unless people intentionally want to rip themselves off, egg prices wouldn't fall below the plat to gold transfer rate (Malison is 90plat, 90plat=90k his price wouldn't drop below 90k)
    So - his price absolutely could drop below 90k. Look at Kettle.

If the pet is farmable and people continue to farm him, there's no reason why the egg's gold price couldn't fall below a certain threshold.

I believe you have made an accurate statement for the non-farmable pets however.

<Elite Runners>