Thread: Simple way to implement class specializations/professions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Simple way to implement class specializations/professions

Hey, all:

I wanted to build on a suggestion made by another player (whose name eludes me, I'm sorry) that the devs raise the cap on skills from 5 to 10 trains. I think this would be a great idea but only if the number of training points per level stays the same. This would force players to choose which skills they want to max out while creating de facto specialized classes/professions.

These specializations could also be better defined by the addition of armor sets requiring 10 trains in a particular skill. For example:

Sharpshooter armor: 10 points in Focus
    Artillerist's armor: 10 points in Blast Shot
    Swordsman's armor: 10 points in Super Mega Slash
    Berserker armor: 10 points in Rage
    Sorcerer's robes: 10 points in Nightmare

You get the idea.

This would add a level of depth to the game while moving past the cookie cutter builds that tend to dominate the game at the moment.

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I just think skills should be upgradable to the rank of 10. And each level pack levels you 10 levels instead of just 5, ofcourse, then the devs would have to think of more items too. But this would make the game more challenging, also it would be nice if leader boards came out in version 1.2 or in a client patch.
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47