Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Absurd Mythic Helm Upgrade Quest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Absurd Mythic Helm Upgrade Quest

There's way too many problems with this quest. First off, the drop rate for the shards is WAY too low. In 45 minutes of grinding Windmoore harbor crates, I got a total of two shards. Second off, the way the map-matching system works adds way too much unnecessary time to the quest, It often places you (like 70% of the time) with people also doing the quest who have already broken nearly all the barrels in the map, this forces you to remake and remake the map until you finally get placed in a fresh map. This can take quite a bit of time as the game keeps trying to place you in the same map you are trying to leave over and over again. At least in PL you were given the option to make a new game for a fresh map. I'd suggest to either change this poorly made story line for the helm completely and revamp the quest, make it so we can create fresh maps as well as increasing the drop rate for shards.

TLDR: This quest sucks so hard

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sigkill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Sig, totally agree with you that the quest is lame!

However, to make life a little easier on you, here's a tip: /partyinvite randomletters & when you want to leave the private party, /partyleave.

What this does is make a private party for you so nobody else can join.

Also, I suggest running this two maps in cycles: Windmoore Harbor & Grog Beach

I have found they are the most generous maps in terms of shards per hour. Let me know how it works out!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Omg please do something about this quest... It's boring as hell, not challenging at all.. I mean we're talking about upgrading mythic, it should be exciting!

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

The toeless smurf!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to katish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katish View Post
    Omg please do something about this quest... It's boring as hell, not challenging at all.. I mean we're talking about upgrading mythic, it should be exciting!

I'd make something like, "Kill all Kraken Isle bosses in elite mode without dying" for the helm & "Kill all Nordr & Shuyal elite bosses without dying" for the upgrade as well as give the people who have upgraded a chance to redo the new quest.

I know I would want to take on a challenging quest like that.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I personally like quest, why do people think everything should be easy, you want to be done in ten mins?? I personally think the quest was too easy...in pl the dark quest was ridiculous, you had to get a drop from a boss 100 Times, and the drop want every time. ...in sl, you had to grind forever to customize your gear....people want to be max day 1 of update than complain content is boring...they should make capping harder imo
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Changing this quest at this time would be a bad idea, what about the players that completed it while it was easier?/harder?

There will be no changes to the quest line, because love it or hate it changing it would be worse than leaving it as is. Not that it needs a change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Changing this quest at this time would be a bad idea, what about the players that completed it while it was easier?/harder?

There will be no changes to the quest line, because love it or hate it changing it would be worse than leaving it as is. Not that it needs a change.
    I can assure you that nobody "loves" this quest, I do however see where you're coming from. #breakingbarrelstime

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Run Harbor and Grog beach by yourself.

Easiest maps and on top gave me the most pieces.

It is tedious as hell but no other way around it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Maybe it would be a lot more rewarding if the barrels gave an exact one shard... Except the tradeoff would be that the required amount would be a lot higher than 16.

At least this would at least be more of a "work-for-it" type of quest instead of a "pray the number algorithms like you" quest.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

For the first four days I got only 4 pieces on the 5 th day I got the remaining 12 in 1hr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Nobody complains about leveling up. Its grinding, but everybody understands it has to be grinding. Now, getting ur mythic in the best shape for the next (two?) season(s?) is kinda level up of your gear. Why not make it grinding same as leveling up? Its leveling up your gear, so where's the difference? Took me 4 hours to do it, but... eventually I got it and I was happy and proud.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

lol, yeah. as much of a pain as it is, people who already finished this will find it unfair if sts will change its find rate to a better %.

it is cumbersome and annoying but it is what it is. it's like finding bael and krunch but the find rate is a bit better.

you also get a bonus if you get to find bael.

i did once, tho it gave me crap loot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    There's way too many problems with this quest. First off, the drop rate for the shards is WAY too low. In 45 minutes of grinding Windmoore harbor crates, I got a total of two shards. Second off, the way the map-matching system works adds way too much unnecessary time to the quest, It often places you (like 70% of the time) with people also doing the quest who have already broken nearly all the barrels in the map, this forces you to remake and remake the map until you finally get placed in a fresh map. This can take quite a bit of time as the game keeps trying to place you in the same map you are trying to leave over and over again. At least in PL you were given the option to make a new game for a fresh map. I'd suggest to either change this poorly made story line for the helm completely and revamp the quest, make it so we can create fresh maps as well as increasing the drop rate for shards.

TLDR: This quest sucks so hard
    Did you do the ichor quest in PL that required you to grind for basically 50hrs for a random drop of an ichor for a boss? Now this was a pain and yielded a item that was more of a vanity than anything else. I would have to say, much more fun though as the equivalent of killing an elite boss approximately 500 times rather than mindlessly running through easy maps to smash some crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Did you do the ichor quest in PL that required you to grind for basically 50hrs for a random drop of an ichor for a boss? Now this was a pain and yielded a item that was more of a vanity than anything else. I would have to say, much more fun though as the equivalent of killing an elite boss approximately 500 times rather than mindlessly running through easy maps to smash some crates.
    I loved the ichor quest! What made it fun was the possibility of getting the black dragon armor. Take a look at my "shadow quest" idea in the suggestions forum, and please leave a comment there. I had this quest in mind when I posted that.

The idea is to make a quest where you have a grind to earn an item, and along the way give a small chance at looting an even better item. That way it has both the grind to earn something, and the gamble to get something great, all at the same time, instead of having to choose one way or the other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    400 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katish View Post

Watch Your speech katish XD If You wanna somethin exciting friend go to elite enraged Inan'hesh naked and kill him XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I listen to music while I was doing the last part of the upgrade quest and I must say it helps alot,I grinded windmore and groge beach bc thoes 2 maps have the most things to destroy and higher chance.it took 3 hours & 40 mins to complete this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

how bout those scam crates sig!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I actually enjoyed the quest except the enraged inan 'hesh and shards. Still, worst quest ever!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post

I'm not arguing whether or not the quest needs changing, but your logic seems way off here.

They rushed to finish it in the first place. Ever heard patience is a virtue? Besides, that hasn't stopped STS numerous times in the past. Even with stuff involving plat. Items get released, people buy them to be the first to have it, then you put it on sale a few days later. Same thing with drop rates, people pay a ton of gold to be the new kid on the block with the freshly looted item, then you raise the drop rates to accommodate everyone as a whole. There's numerous examples of both of these across STS games and I'm sure everyone has had to deal with it at some point.

I don't think saying some players have already completed it is a good enough reason to ignore the matter. More people are yet to complete it than have already.

Again, don't have an opinion on the quest itself, but I don't find that to be a good excuse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

I found it the easy but boring. 3 hours = 16 shards. Maps= Grog beach, skull cove (skull imo best place, also go to the part where the boss spawns there are lots of crates there) and windmoore harbour.

Strat: Equip daggers, preferably heart seekers because they charge so fast. Stun the mobs (charge auto) and do charge auto-attack on the barrels and crates. Bow is a bad choice for this quest. Dont even try to kill mobs, waste of time.

Do harbour > Grog > skull.
    Credits to Iady