Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PL Balance after the Great Nerf of 2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    The Damage nerf was added to minimize the one shot and two shot deaths. It make pvp games last a tad longer. It was needed and still is. The damage nerf did help for that reason, however, it made INT hard to kill savage.
    its not true angel, 1-2 hit kill is still there, it made pvp more unbalanced only cause the underpowered non-str suffered most from it.

here's how -
    non str players still getting two hitted whereas they struggling more to kill str players.
    Dis guy.... Is a true pvper who understands how op str and bears are

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    Yeah, but that's less to do with bears and more to do with the gear.
    No, I actually believe to a certain extent that much of the bears spells reflect damage and not tanking.

Take order and chaos for example: tanks in that game have spells specifically for buffing themselves, teammates, etc. Things like armor and health.

I know PL is a small MMO so I don't think any class in this game is considered a "tank"... you're only a tank if you use the gear associated with STR.

It's just perspective then, Zapoke. In the case that bears shouldn't be tanks in a small MMO like PL then yes, it's strictly the savage gear giving advantages for certain classes (or every class using it).
    What he said, bears shouldnt be able to withstand 10 hits from non str but kill non str in 2 hits...
    Last edited by Impact; 04-09-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    No, I actually believe to a certain extent that much of the bears spells reflect damage and not tanking.

Take order and chaos for example: tanks in that game have spells specifically for buffing themselves, teammates, etc. Things like armor and health.

I know PL is a small MMO so I don't think any class in this game is considered a "tank"... you're only a tank if you use the gear associated with STR.

It's just perspective then, Zapoke. In the case that bears shouldn't be tanks in a small MMO like PL then yes, it's strictly the savage gear giving advantages for certain classes (or every class using it).
    Honestly, the PvE content wouldn't work without classes, yet the game is also broken by the same system in many ways.

For example, in a class based game, people generally need to be set into one role. Bear was made to be able to play a DPS or a tank role, and in late game players can just be both due to skill points. If the bear is going to be the tank class (we'll just assume this, because we DO have a melee DPS - remember? foxes? no?), it needs to have less damage (maybe change rage to something else) and it needs to have less skills that focus on damage dealing in general. Generally, tanks shouldn't be able to put out a lot of damage, which is why Savage is so broken. It's both a high damage set and the tankiest set.

And on the subject of class flaws, let's look at how Fox has no way to sustain itself in a fight. It has no debuffs to keep itself alive, and its damage isn't even as good as a bird's or elf's is. The main problem with Fox is that it's designed to scale with Dex, but it's a close ranged class. This should make it a high risk-high reward class, right? Unfortunately it's just high risk. And then there's Rhinos, who have a buff that serves essentially no purpose in late game (come on.. 5 armor for the team? and only a small dodge buff for yourself =x). And mages with a heal and shield that makes them almost impossible to kill in certain levels, as well as more general scaling spell damage than any other class. Birds seem to get the short end of the stick, being the highest single target damage late game, and one of the worst buff sets in the game (why do birds need a hit buff when their primary stat makes them have way to much base hit to begin with? Plus, almost all dex gear gives at least 6 hit % after level 50).

The main problem with PL right now is that the original 3 classes completely overshadow the new ones, which fill roles that Mage/Bear already filled decently enough. If we want balance, I think the over all versatility of those classes need to be toned down, and specialty should be promoted. Could be done with a sub-class system, or advanced class system, or skill trees, or even just change the skills so they fill one role each.

Sorry if I sound like I'm rambling. I've had a lot of time to think about this, and after playing a LOT of different MMOs, I've noticed a few things I never really questioned before.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapoke For This Useful Post:

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    Honestly, the PvE content wouldn't work without classes, yet the game is also broken by the same system in many ways.

For example, in a class based game, people generally need to be set into one role. Bear was made to be able to play a DPS or a tank role, and in late game players can just be both due to skill points. If the bear is going to be the tank class (we'll just assume this, because we DO have a melee DPS - remember? foxes? no?), it needs to have less damage (maybe change rage to something else) and it needs to have less skills that focus on damage dealing in general. Generally, tanks shouldn't be able to put out a lot of damage, which is why Savage is so broken. It's both a high damage set and the tankiest set.

And on the subject of class flaws, let's look at how Fox has no way to sustain itself in a fight. It has no debuffs to keep itself alive, and its damage isn't even as good as a bird's or elf's is. The main problem with Fox is that it's designed to scale with Dex, but it's a close ranged class. This should make it a high risk-high reward class, right? Unfortunately it's just high risk. And then there's Rhinos, who have a buff that serves essentially no purpose in late game (come on.. 5 armor for the team? and only a small dodge buff for yourself =x). And mages with a heal and shield that makes them almost impossible to kill in certain levels, as well as more general scaling spell damage than any other class. Birds seem to get the short end of the stick, being the highest single target damage late game, and one of the worst buff sets in the game (why do birds need a hit buff when their primary stat makes them have way to much base hit to begin with? Plus, almost all dex gear gives at least 6 hit % after level 50).

The main problem with PL right now is that the original 3 classes completely overshadow the new ones, which fill roles that Mage/Bear already filled decently enough. If we want balance, I think the over all versatility of those classes need to be toned down, and specialty should be promoted. Could be done with a sub-class system, or advanced class system, or skill trees, or even just change the skills so they fill one role each.

Sorry if I sound like I'm rambling. I've had a lot of time to think about this, and after playing a LOT of different MMOs, I've noticed a few things I never really questioned before.
    Why do I get the feeling you're implying Final Fantasy.

I must be imagining :0

All for one, and one for all.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Why do I get the feeling you're implying Final Fantasy.

I must be imagining :0

All for one, and one for all.
    What? No. Most MMOs out there have class specialization to some degree.

Though Final Fantasy's Job system is definitely a good example of a way to set general classes into specific roles.
    Last edited by Zapoke; 04-10-2014 at 10:30 AM.