Thread: general player loot gripe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default general player loot gripe

just wanted to say something because I have had this happen a couple of times now. if someone wins/has an item, it is ok to ask them if they will sell it to you, but if they refuse please be civil about it. two recent examples:

i was in a group tanking and i had a shock lance going into said map. some guy kept pestering me to buy my shock lance. im a tank mind you. he wouldn't take no for an answer and then started to insult me for the simple reason i refused to sell it to him. i finally just put him on my ignore list. it was the best tanking weapon i had and generally the weapon of choice for tanks. if i had another one i'd have sold it, but until i get better i am not going to gimp myself just for money.

last night on my enchantress i won a dreamers dark wand and quickly equipped it, a level 35 item mind you. a level 47 dexstress kept pestering me to buy it and just tossed a level 45 bow into my bag, thinking that would be enough to make me give it to them. i'm like...i am a pure enchantress...why do i need a bow? i was kind enough to toss the bow back to them. again, i told them the reason i would not sell is because the wand was the best weapon i had. they didn't believe me and kept pestering me for a bit more about it.

why do people simply just not seem to believe the weapon you are using is because it is the best item you have in the slot. i am using it for a reason. like i said there is no harm in asking, but don't come off with an attitude just because someone won't sell it to you. i used to think blizzard's "soul bound" system (equip the item and it is permanently bound to your character) in WoW was a bit restrictive, but I am almost starting to wish PL used it because the loot griping is starting to really bug me.
    Rextab - 47 Tank Bear
    Archflier - 47 Pure Dex Bird
    Manabender - 33 Pure Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

A lot of folks have "town" outfits and "work" outfits so there are times when people have things equipped for show, but I don't get it either. If you're in the middle of a dungeon, aren't you usually using your weapon/armor/shield of choice? And if I'm using it, why would I want to sell it? Rextab, it puzzles me, too.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

my djin wand of thoth got me some pestering, but otherwise I'm pretty left out when it comes to constant "sell that!"
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yup. these things are happening inside dungeons, not out in town. the weapon i am using is because it's generally the best in slot item for me at the time. sometimes i switch up depending on the role i am playing...maybe a better geared tank so ill swap gear out to be more of a damage bear, or on my archer switch back from a talon/shield setup to an alien blaster just because i love that thing. but yeah, if i am using it odds are it's what i need to use. please be respectful to players that are using their items to play at their best.

like i said no reason you can't ask someone if they will sell it, or have something for sale you might need, but don't pester people and definitely don't start insulting them if they actually are using the item.
    Rextab - 47 Tank Bear
    Archflier - 47 Pure Dex Bird
    Manabender - 33 Pure Enchantress