Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Anyone fed up with trash talkers that can't back up their talk?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Really? I get that the thread may be annoying but Killzonee verbally harasses many players and utters many disgusting profanities in the game wether it be in town or in PvP as well.

He's one of the detrimental players of the AL community. I get that the mute button can be used but the point is that STS is doing nothing about issues like this to the point where Gun has resorted to posting about it.

I can speak from personal experience, reports these days simply DO NOT WORK.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Also, how does one mute somebody that purposely goes out of his way to spread rumors and get other players to ruin his/her playing experience as well?

The matter-of-fact statements made in this thread don't work in this situation.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I know that in league of legends the players make up a tribunal where they can vote to punish/pardon a player for offensive language etc. The most toxic players usually get banned for quite a while and if they do not learn their lesson, they can be permanently banned. A system like this relieves the stress on the devs to individually ban every person, and according to LoL is around 98% effective, (2 cases out of 100 are falsely accused) to which if this is the case, the player is allowed to make a personal appeal.

-Just a thought

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sigkill For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

While I do apologize for not understanding the player base in AL, the OP isn't really taking the "something must be done" approach but is instead making it seem like a petty dislike for the player. If the OP did a better job of elaborating on the situation and more clearly explained what this player in question does to upset him, there would probably be less people who disagree with him. From what I can read of this players comments, he seems extremely immature. Solution is to mute and leave the game. You aren't forced to stay and take the harassment. If the player has such a bad reputation you'd assume most players wouldn't believe the "rumors" he spreads?
    Last edited by OvigorothO; 09-08-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OvigorothO View Post
    While I do apologize for not understanding the player base in AL, the OP isn't really taking the "something must be done" approach but is instead making it seem like a petty dislike for the player. If the OP did a better job of elaborating on the situation and more clearly explained what this player in question does to upset him, there would probably be less people who disagree with him. From what I can read of this players comments, he seems extremely immature. Solution is to mute and leave the game. You aren't forced to stay and take the harassment. If the player has such a bad reputation you'd assume most players wouldn't believe the "rumors" he spreads?
    Except the fact that tons of people are ignorant in this game & rumors are easily believed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Since where on this topic ) maybe i'll cheer up up with this fella'
    fc monkey? lolololol
    Name:  IMAG2402.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  981.6 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Also, how does one mute somebody that purposely goes out of his way to spread rumors and get other players to ruin his/her playing experience as well?

The matter-of-fact statements made in this thread don't work in this situation.
    Agree, i don't feel like muting someone who I know purposely is spreading rumors about me. I'd want to hear what they say so I can confront them and not sit with my hands in my lap and take the hits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Just put them on ignore list, if reports banned players or muted them for awhile then most pvpers would be banned or muted because 9/10 pvpers talk trash & some people get reported because of pure hate. If they talk trash, just stay quiet and own em, there's nothing better you can do to respond to such actions.
    DL: Theholyangel: 36 Vampire.
    AL: Mewfs/Theanarchy: 41 Warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

This guy doesn't just trash talk though.

Him and his friends are also spreading around Love's personal information like real life Skype contact (which he did not give them). I've seen the threats Kill makes, as well as his friends and I truly have no idea why support does NOTHING about it. Do we even have a support anymore to deal with players like this? Seems that any report in regards to these players are overlooked and ignored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Theholyangel View Post
    Just put them on ignore list, if reports banned players or muted them for awhile then most pvpers would be banned or muted because 9/10 pvpers talk trash & some people get reported because of pure hate. If they talk trash, just stay quiet and own em, there's nothing better you can do to respond to such actions.
    Also, this guy doesn't just trash talk in PvP. And trash talk shouldn't call for phrases like Kill utters. There's trash talk & then there's blatantly having complete disregard for the ToS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sigkill View Post
    I know that in league of legends the players make up a tribunal where they can vote to punish/pardon a player for offensive language etc. The most toxic players usually get banned for quite a while and if they do not learn their lesson, they can be permanently banned. A system like this relieves the stress on the devs to individually ban every person, and according to LoL is around 98% effective, (2 cases out of 100 are falsely accused) to which if this is the case, the player is allowed to make a personal appeal.

-Just a thought
    I don't want to offer any opinions about Love or Killzonee. However, someone please add Sigkill's idea to the suggestions forum so that the Devs can look into implementing this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Ok ok, spreading rumors and giving out real life personal information, I understand needs to be taken care of, especially if its proven.

However, in pvp trash talk is apparent. You do it(@OP), I do it, the next guy who posts has done it or will do it in the near future. There is a certain point where it just becomes meaningless crap and can just be ignored. I usually ask someone for a 1v1 and when they decline I know they know who's better, and that's enough for me.

Good luck resolving the issues.

@lesmserables-you forgot the I...come back later

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

i have not nor will i ever trash talk in a game. this is a game right? like a virtual one? one where there's no real consequence for winning our losing? trash talk is pathetic and immature behavior that's usually the result of someone lashing out because they feel inadequette and must defend their mancard for some reason.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Lol? Looks to me he does more "jajaja" laughing stuff more than cursing/flaming. From what i see in screenshots he said two cuss words f and b. Other than that he called you a rich "rich rat" . Thats not so bad. I agree cussng should be reported cus its against rules. I think devs should implement system that blocks similar spelling as bad words as well. As is now players can change a letter and to bypass filter and make it look similar to bad word ie bytch, fck, etc. Excuse me there. But ya other than that he said nothing bad hes just mad your better and kil him lots so continue to do so and mute him or ignore or whatever. Its just game so dont take stuff so seriously and get offended so easy. Remember a quote nexr time: "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words may never hurt me"

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #35
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    803 Posts

OK time to close up this thread. No need to flame on forums. If you see offensive behavior please report in game or message us at support@spacetimestudios.com
    | | |

| |

Need Help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Delphina For This Useful Post: