Thread: take crates out of shuyal bosses loot table

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default take crates out of shuyal bosses loot table

it would be great if u could take crates out of the loot table of shuyal bosses, esp elite bosses. I've gotten two crates on rerolls and wonder if I rerolled out of elite golden puzzleboxes. It makes me question whether or not I should even use my 150 plat lep amulet.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Yes, I actually think crates should be taken out of the loot table for all elite bosses in any campaign. The only places they should drop in elites is maybe from mobs. Regular non-elite bosses should drop crates.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

++;

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alrisaia For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

o: didnt know they drop from bosses...what a waste of a good drop...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

choice of a locked crate over a green weapon/helm/armour..... I'll take the crate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haowesie View Post
    choice of a locked crate over a green weapon/helm/armour..... I'll take the crate.
    what about the choice of rerolling to a crate instead of getting an elite gold/silver puzzle box?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    what about the choice of rerolling to a crate instead of getting an elite gold/silver puzzle box?
    Elite silver puzzle chests are selling for less then locked crates at the moment. Right now its 9.7k in cs and locked is 11.8k. Also over time elite silver puzzle box will be worth even less. I can't say how the loot table is structured but I'd rather get a locked instead of a elite silver puzzle box. But of course would rather get a golden over a locked crate. And I'd rather get a locked then some crappy pink that seems to drop frequently that no one wants like architect quills of riposte, architect helm of grace (crappy rogue version), etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haowesie View Post
    I'm pretty sure crates are in the same category as chests, so you won't re-roll from an epic weapon/helm/armor to a crate. You will re-roll from an epic chests (elite golden chests/puzzle box) to a crate. It happened to me earlier today.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm pretty sure crates are in the same category as chests, so you won't re-roll from an epic weapon/helm/armor to a crate. You will re-roll from an epic chests (elite golden chests/puzzle box) to a crate. It happened to me earlier today.
    I was under the impression of this being the workings, too, but then remembered I've found plenty of crates on rerolls off of random trash mobs, who are unable to drop any kind of chests or eggs...
    Perhaps the category of drop is rerolled and then rerolled to a higher rarity? This would mean random mobs can then have their acumen braid get changed to the chest category, which will be a crate by default.

Thoughts?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Morholt For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Morholt View Post
    I was under the impression of this being the workings, too, but then remembered I've found plenty of crates on rerolls off of random trash mobs, who are unable to drop any kind of chests or eggs...
    Perhaps the category of drop is rerolled and then rerolled to a higher rarity? This would mean random mobs can then have their acumen braid get changed to the chest category, which will be a crate by default.

Thoughts?
    The crates are probably added to the drop table for mobs. But for bosses they are in the same category as chests & eggs. So you would re-roll from an elite golden puzzle box to a locked crate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The crates are probably added to the drop table for mobs. But for bosses they are in the same category as chests & eggs. So you would re-roll from an elite golden puzzle box to a locked crate.
    Was this reported by developers or are you making an assumption?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Was this reported by developers or are you making an assumption?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    There is no way to really know how the loot table looks like as it could be anything. Basically what was explained was you reroll from one loot table to another. And the devs can make it anything they want. So unless we knew what we would have gotten there is no way can say you would have gotten an elite golden puzzle box. Its all speculation at this point. Sucks to get a locked crate on a re-roll and if you would re-roll away from an elite golden puzzle box then yes it should be changed. But I'd rather get a locked crate over an elite copper or silver or some crappy pink that sells for 500 gold. So I hope the devs take time to think about how they structure these loot tables so in fact you are rerolling to better loot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    There is no way to really know how the loot table looks like as it could be anything. Basically what was explained was you reroll from one loot table to another. And the devs can make it anything they want. So unless we knew what we would have gotten there is no way can say you would have gotten an elite golden puzzle box. Its all speculation at this point. Sucks to get a locked crate on a re-roll and if you would re-roll away from an elite golden puzzle box then yes it should be changed. But I'd rather get a locked crate over an elite copper or silver or some crappy pink that sells for 500 gold. So I hope the devs take time to think about how they structure these loot tables so in fact you are rerolling to better loot.
    Yeah, I understood that. I was only asking because Energizeric seemed very definitive when he said: "But for bosses they are in the same category as chests & eggs."

Also, I'm curious how one knows what they reroll FROM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

They have never mentioned specifics of the loot table in AL, but in their other game PL they explained how the loot table worked, and you had separate loot tables each containing items from each rarity level. So once you entered a specific loot table, if you got a re-roll it stayed within that loot table. In PL the example was with crafting items. You could drop a recipe or a crafting item and that was a separate loot table. It was explained that a re-roll would not roll you into that loot table, but if you were already in that loot table it could give you an upgrade to the next color rarity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

This is what has been explained so far in this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1095325

Quote Originally Posted by Lojack View Post
    "My impression of the luck elixir that if you were to get an item, say a purple (epic) item, it would have a chance to re-roll and bump your item to the next level of rarity, (legendary in this case)."

You are re-rolling from one loot table to another loot table. Loot tables can contain from 1 to however many items the designer assigns to it. So, for example, if you are in the lowest loot table (with its list of items) and get a re-roll on a common, it's entirely possible that the next higher loot table (with its own list of items) also contains some commons that you have a chance at rolling to, as I understand it. Mostly, you'll get a better item but sometimes not.

Hope this helps.
    Anything else then this is pure speculation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Maybe it don't comes from elite golden puzzle? Cuz i can reroll a crate from mobs that can't drop chests?
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    .................................................. ................................Sig made by BeelzzeBob