Thread: Game List UI Improvements

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Game List UI Improvements

I was hoping that the 1.1 release would make it easier for a level 15 character to ignore the dozens of Forest Haven games that won't give me exp. While filtering by campaign makes things a little easier, this UI still needs improvement.

So it seems like the expected process for this situation is now to type 'dark' into the campign field if I only want to see the Dark Forest games. I think the biggest problem now is that if the game list refreshes for any reason (I clicked refresh, or tried to get into a game but failed) then it reverts to showing me all games and I have to retype 'dark' in the campaign field.

A few suggestions:
    * since there aren't many campaigns, just make the Campaign filter be a pick list
    * when the view refreshes, remember the filters that were used
    * have an option (preferably default) to automatically hide levels that are too far below my character for me to get exp

Thoughts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Agreed on it all! I would really like your first suggestion though! Great ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

One note - maybe it's the latest pak update or maybe I was mistaken, but clicking refresh now seems to keep the filter I'd typed. However, typing in 'dark' every time I get to the game screen is still a bit of a pain, when there's really no point in showing Forest Haven games to a level15, or Dark Forest games to a level20.

Out of curiosity, does anyone here actually use the game and min/max level filters? If not, maybe that space could be used for something more useful... like a 3-way toggle for showing townes/games/both?