Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
An interesting idea, some thoughts:
How is point #1 differ from the guilds section of the forums?

Seems like point #3 should be the duty of gms and officers
More than that seems redundant to me.

I would not personally be interested in seeing people voting on rankings, would that not only benefit large guilds?
I've seen some guilds have "wars" with others over little to nothing other than it was entertaining to some members. Voting rankings might work to the detriment of some pvp guilds where people hold grudges. The amout of "x rushes"Complaints could be enormous.
Taking out the human element of opinions would leave something I might look at.

Have you seen how guilds are ranked in AL? Might give some ideas.

Pardon my criticisms, I only intend to save you some hassle.
1. It would not be all that different, but would be somewhat easier to use. Players can enter in what guild level range they want, what type of guild, popularity etc.
there will be a top-votes page and possibly some others. You post to the guilds section of the forum and you have to keep bumping it to get interest, with the PLBGB you can have your players vote to keep it up at the top with a top daily vote page, overall votes page, etc.

2. It absolutely is the duty of the gms and officers, the problem is, that it is almost always impossible to either a. contact the gms/officers about a complaint. And b. Even if you are able to contact them, they have no reason to help solve the issue, its the guild against the world.

3. Yes i suppose it would benefit the large guilds, but top-votes will not be the only page... I'm using a Minecraft server listing website model, it worked fairly well there, i don't see a reason why it wont work here. Yes, some good, small guilds get lost in the hubub of the bigger guilds, but perhaps adding a trending guilds page might fix that?

4. The complaint system will of course be moderated. The PLBGB will put forth a set of guidelines for complaints, so complaints for rushing and the such wont affect a guilds ranking (i will set up some filters to automatically disallow complaints for common things like rushing).

I really do appreciate all the criticism i can get, it makes no sense to work on and produce a shoddy system. Thank you for all your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Conradin View Post
I like it DH!
Hey Conradin, long time no talk! We should catchup in-game! And thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
Did you two collaborate on when to come back? Oh wait, fbows got nerfed, that's why.
Yup :P I only PvP these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
Looks really awesome Gj
Thanks Mothwing! Long time no chat, we should catchup in-game!

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon Jean-Claude View Post
Great idea. I would love to help you in any way possible on this project with input and such. I created a FB page for my guild to help better organize members and activities a couple of months ago because nothing like this existed. I would like to point out one little thing that stood out to me from the aforementioned suggestions.....that of the complaint statistics. As an officer and even before I was one I have witnessed people that were rightfully removed and sometimes banned from the guild only find a way to get back in on the same toon or an alt and wreak havoc until removed again. Some would be so scorned that they would do ANYTHING to bad mouth the guild and/or any of its members. One person with a vendetta, plenty of time, and multiple toons or accounts could file NUMEROUS complaints aimed solely at destroying a guild's character and now ranking. I just wanted to point that one pertinent thing out while fresh on my mind. I shall DEFINITELY be keeping track of this post and how your progress is coming along. Thanks a million for partaking in this endeavor of a long needed and overdue guild management system.
As stated above, i will be putting in filters to remove complaints that are for common things like rushing. There will also be a maximum of 2 active complaints per guild per user, and i will put in safeguards to guarantee that each user only has one account. Plus there will be a moderator team to quickly look over complaints and verify that they are in-fact valid complaints before they are registered against the guild.

There is definitely room for abuse, and i will be doing everything possible to mitigate the problem.