Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Question Pocket Legends Better Guilds Bureau

Hi,

Since guilds first came out I have felt that the guild system, while an incredibly powerful group organization tool, was also horribly disorganized: It is hard to find a good guild; Sure there were listings, but they run themselves into inactivity, and never give you anywhere close to the full selection of guilds. The other thing that I think is lacking from the guild system is that guilds currently have no motivation to sort out disputes between players both inside the guild and out. It's the guild against the world.

So around a month ago I sat down and planned out what I could do to possibly fix these issues, and thus began the Pocket Legends Better Guilds Bureau (yes, the name is taken, and adapted from the BBB).

I have a couple goals that I hope to fulfill with the PLBGB:
    1. Provide a fully searchable (by type, level, ratings, name, etc) guild listing service that will allow guild owners (or their assigned public relations officer) to post up their guild page with a complete description, requirements and rules, and to allow players to find the perfect guild that fits their needs.
    2. Provide daily voting (one vote, per person, per day on the guild of his/her choice) on all guilds that have been listed so as to create a "Top Guilds Listing".
    3. 3. Provide an interface between players and a guilds staff members so that complaints against a guild or guild member can be made, and resolved to the satisfaction of both parties.
    4. Add a level of accountability for a guilds actions by making the complaint statistics (not individual complaint information) viewable by the public, and incorporating complaint statistics into the ratings calculation.
    5. After being listed on the PLBGB for a certain length of time, and maintaining a low complaint level, guilds will be able to apply for PLBGB accreditation which will "feature" the guilds listing on the website, but will also come with an additional set of guidelines that such an exemplary guild should follow.

I have begun development on the PLBGB, most likely given my course load and other projects it will take me a few months of development work to complete the system.

I would love your feedback, and suggestions on this project!

Here's a demo of the PLBGB home page to wet your appetites:

Last edited by DanielRH; 09-11-2013 at 04:37 PM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DanielRH For This Useful Post: