Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tanking Obsolete for Pve Bears

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Tanking Obsolete for Pve Bears

Im not sure if its because of the new updates but it seems there is no use for bears. Players ether want birds for dps or mages to heal for elite bosses and are just booting bears. Multiple mages are just healing and using mana shield through damage while birds dps. Im not saying bears are underpowered, but tanking is basically obsolete now. Theres no real benefit to having one on team.
    Last edited by powerlevelz; 09-13-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

ah, sorry to say you're mostly wrong and slidely true in the sense that as str gear is op, other classes also tank with it. in slayer pallies r most wanted cause they can tank and heal the whole team where potions are not available.

tanking does not mean just dodging everything though look at the crazy dodge of a bear full set with stacking dodge.

that huge aoe hit debuff, that great stuns actually make a bear tanker where others can kill mobs easily.

in higher level no doubt bears and str set both are op, and str set should be nerfed, so that other classes can't tank as much as they are doing now.
    Last edited by Waug; 09-13-2013 at 02:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    ah, sorry to say you're mostly wrong and slidely true in the sense that as str gear is op, other classes also tank with it. in slayer pallies r most wanted cause they can tank and heal the whole team where potions are not available.

tanking does not mean just dodging everything though look at the crazy dodge of a bear full set with stacking dodge.

that huge aoe hit debuff, that great stuns actually make a bear tanker where others can kill mobs easily.

in higher level no doubt bears and str set both are op, and str set should be nerfed, so that other classes can't tank as much as they are doing now.
    Only ever played bear class so I know it pretty well. Players are booting bear class constantly, theres no benefit to having one. The damage being done by birds out preforms the stuns, and mages can just heal through everything. Taunt should give a group aoe of armor instead of more self dodge.
    Last edited by powerlevelz; 09-13-2013 at 02:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Definitely not true, the bear's aoe skills are very valuable to the team especially if not everyone has elixirs.
    You say birds perform stuns although bears have more stun skills.
    Bear has the largest max auto damage as well as largest max health.

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by powerlevelz View Post
    Im not sure if its because of the new updates but it seems there is no use for bears. Players ether want birds for dps or mages to heal for elite bosses and are just booting bears. Multiple mages are just healing and using mana shield through damage while birds dps. Im not saying bears are underpowered, but tanking is basically obsolete now. Theres no real benefit to having one on team.
    I really like bears in dungeon runs, except most just scatter and don't even know how to wall-pull, let alone really pull a crowd. As a bird I pull crowds with Goddess, so I don't think you really need Savage for pulling except if you don't know how to play. I get your point, but it's a problem over all ranks. Players don't need any tactics or combo's, it's the daily combo's that make everyone too strong and mobs just die.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Thereʻs two major issues with the current way bears in the game are implemented; Most maps (predominately endgame) arenʻt conducive to tanking, and most bears donʻt know how to tank effectively.

A good bear can make do with a map thats not conducive to tanking, so long as his team cooperates with him, however if the bear is no good in the first place then no amount of help will make him any better. Another major issue is that people who donʻt tank as their main donʻt see the value in the bear/tanking class, and as such they donʻt work as a team with the tank or just boot them all together.

-------AEO-------

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

On top of Snowpeak Mountain, tweaking stats
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    Another major issue is that people who donʻt tank as their main donʻt see the value in the bear/tanking class, and as such they donʻt work as a team with the tank or just boot them all together.
    This is not always the case. I know of a few players, including myself, who don't have a bear as their main, but get frustrated by bad bears and make one themselves. They see the good things a bear can do and become instantly better bears then most of the "main" bears because they know what birds and mages want What a good run requires.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suntv For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Sorry to say but rhinos best tankers at elite Bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Multibird View Post
    Sorry to say but rhinos best tankers at elite Bosses.
    Dat 63 bonus armor and 44 extra health regen.

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Only ever played bear class so I know it pretty well. Players are booting bear class constantly, theres no benefit to having one. The damage being done by birds out preforms the stuns, and mages can just heal through everything. Taunt should give a group aoe of armor instead of more self dodge.
    birds wont survive to outperform by killing mobs and mages wont to heal bro, that's where role playing came to existance obviously if we are not talking elix gr.

also lately classes were doing more things that they are meant to do that's why nerfing was neccesary, so actually we returned from op-ness not fully done yet tho.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by legendfb View Post
    birds wont survive to outperform by killing mobs and mages wont to heal bro, that's where role playing came to existance obviously if we are not talking elix gr.

also lately classes were doing more things that they are meant to do that's why nerfing was neccesary, so actually we returned from op-ness not fully done yet tho.
    I didn't really understand the second part (pronouns everywhere!) but agreed to the first part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    438 Posts

I enjoy playing bsm with my bear but you must get way out in front to do some effective crowd control. If you can't your skills will be nullified and you turn into a scatter bear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Default Tanking Obsolete for Pve Bears

Also, I think I know the answer to your problems with getting booted:

Fun Fact: Randoms are really dead gophers lying on a keyboard

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    268 Posts

This is blasphemy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Did you know that L25 int mages got more buffed armor than L30 iceberg bears? Mages armor buff is op thats why bears are becoming useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

What you say is absolutely true but it has to do with the combo elixir parties. I have all toons, and honestly, a bear is absolutely useless in a bird/mage party running on elixir. This is because, honestly, red dragon slayer is all but not an elite map. It is WAY too easy. If the dragon was capable to hit like koal, than a bear would be an important part of the group, but right now he isnt. A bear still plays well in a party with just one mage or 2 weak ones, but honestly, when i want to do 1 minute runs in slayer, i setup with 3 birds and 2 pallys on combo. Fight lasts less than a minute.

Solution? Hopefully the new level cap will have serious bosses that hit like crazy and need a bear that knows how to tank. Truth is elite map now is way too easy, while it should be something hard that not all players are able to farm.

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL con Tapatalk 4

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Alessandro Bamba View Post
    What you say is absolutely true but it has to do with the combo elixir parties. I have all toons, and honestly, a bear is absolutely useless in a bird/mage party running on elixir. This is because, honestly, red dragon slayer is all but not an elite map. It is WAY too easy. If the dragon was capable to hit like koal, than a bear would be an important part of the group, but right now he isnt. A bear still plays well in a party with just one mage or 2 weak ones, but honestly, when i want to do 1 minute runs in slayer, i setup with 3 birds and 2 pallys on combo. Fight lasts less than a minute.

Solution? Hopefully the new level cap will have serious bosses that hit like crazy and need a bear that knows how to tank. Truth is elite map now is way too easy, while it should be something hard that not all players are able to farm.

Inviato dal mio ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TL con Tapatalk 4
    If you take your scenario and remove "elixirs" from the equation, you have elite bosses. People seem to think they have "good" teams when they are juiced up, however, not everyone chugs Thrasher's nor are they granted 3x dailies each day. In your scenario, I have been in groups which kill Elite Red Dragon in the same amount of time, and I play bear. To be honest, I think pallies are obsolete in these maps because their heal is way less than a pure mage. I would much rather have a wand mage over a pally any day.

And a good bear knows they may not be able to control the boss in elite maps, but they CAN control the wave of mobs which spawn in these maps. By taunting and positioning, I can still group the mobs away from the Red Dragon and allow my team to more effectively kill them with combo skills.

Honestly, it is all in perspective and experience.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

There are many reasons you may be being booted. It might not be just cuz u are a bear.

Bears aren't useless and can be a benefit to the team in any map. If you think bears are useless, you may need to learn your toon more and could be the reason you are being booted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

As an older player the new maps make u ho hack to ur roots. Its more about taunt, round up, and debuff than using becon. U just gotta remember ur not there for the kill ur the shield for mages and birds so stock up on pots and have a quick finger to survive. In same sentence though mahes and birds need to stay back when they attack and not rush n and steal the agro from us cause ur higher dps makes it harder for us to hold

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

I adore good bears in pve.
    Today in my random runs with pugs, I came across about..5 good bears who knew how to effectively play their class.
    If a group works together properly, then the bear is a hero.
    in the dungeon with the normal red dragon, there was a good bear who took all the mobs who spawn near the dragon. Oh yes, I had no elixir, others were same or had armor or XP blessings (if they had combos, they would've killed faster than I saw).
    Bear beckons the mobs and Hellscreams till their ears explode.
    Bird uses thorn wall and a cruel blast (thorns hit mobs AND dragon, and cruel blast hits both too.)
    Mage uses lightning and her debuffs (debuffs boss too, light is AOE)
    Bear hellscreams again.
    Thats how I usually saw in the dragon runs.
    The bear kept spamming taunt and beckon to ensure aggro is on him and all mobs come to him, while the others kill the mobs and dragon.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..