Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i feel sad for my rogue..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Too bad a mage with curse can disable an entire army of rogues for good 5 seconds.
    I really don't get what was going on in STS' minds when 1 skill can recoil as much damage as Alpha Wolf.
    I have been and do die instantly from curse because I shot off 1 Aimshot lol???

What more do you mages want seriously?
    You got your crit and aimshot like skill (lightning which also adds stun)
    You just got your piercing like skill that lets you run chase and flag as fast as us...
    You got your 2s shield, & dmg reduction
    You got your OP fireball stuns
    You got heals that heals you instantly (whereas alot of rogues have to hunt for their heals b/c they drop randomly)
    You got your Alpha Wolf Shield

I can go on and on with the list and frankly you can't name half those things that Rogues are advantaged in.
    Only thing rooting for us is our 1 skill aimshot, and it's been nerfed I don't know how many times now and it's not a 100% 1 hit skill as it only does worthy damage if on Crit.

Seems like you guys still want more? I say LOL to that.
    Try playing rogue and compare before you start throwing out assumptions.

I have a mage and a rogue so I'm talking from experience.
    Last edited by gundamsone; 09-13-2013 at 06:31 PM.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by birdmasta View Post
    we should just stop 1v1-ing and play CTF for real... problem solved? Warriors tank, Mages dish out AOE dmg, Rogues target dmg dealers?
    The problem is since the damage nerf, we can't do our job properly. Our damage was nerfed, which means we need to use more skills to kill, thus using up more mana. Yet, nothing was done for our mana-pool. So we're really a lot less useful than we were before, not only in PvP, but also in PvE because the damage nerf is also accounted in PvE.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Drearivev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    The problem is since the damage nerf, we can't do our job properly. Our damage was nerfed, which means we need to use more skills to kill, thus using up more mana. Yet, nothing was done for our mana-pool. So we're really a lot less useful than we were before, not only in PvP, but also in PvE because the damage nerf is also accounted in PvE.
    I don't recall reading any patch notes about PvE damage being reduced. Can you provide a quote for us please?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I don't recall reading any patch notes about PvE damage being reduced. Can you provide a quote for us please?
    O.o damage nerf was only PvP? It's in PvE as well I believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N
    2013-08-29 Content Update (128792)

• Slightly lowered how much damage all three classes take in PvP, to make the battles last longer and be more interesting. Feedback on this change is very welcome!
    This is the only patch note regarding damage reduction that I know of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I agree with all the things some of you guys are saying.
    Mages atm have all the specialties of both classes.
    How come they get high dmg, high crit, a shield and a heal that gives mana and health.
    I dont think mages understand what a rogue can do with a mana heal.
    We will just keep suffering cause everyone complains about rogues kill stealing blah blah blah.
    But I still dont understand what the point was of the dmg reduction if they just increase it for both classes but rogues.
    Now alot of warriors and most mages do more dmg than rogues.
    this is completely unfair.
    ANd increasing mages crit, like come on they already crit higher than rogues and more frequently.
    My crit is pretty much maxed along with dmg and mages still do more dmg and crit more frequently and higher.
    I just dont understand what sts were thinking.
    they want to make pvp more balance? they just tipped it over the ice berg.
    With rogues at the bottom of the ladder.
    It was more balanced last season than it is now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Too bad a mage with curse can disable an entire army of rogues for good 5 seconds.
    I really don't get what was going on in STS' minds when 1 skill can recoil as much damage as Alpha Wolf.
    I have been and do die instantly from curse because I shot off 1 Aimshot lol???

What more do you mages want seriously?
    You got your crit and aimshot like skill (lightning which also adds stun)
    You just got your piercing like skill that lets you run chase and flag as fast as us...
    You got your 2s shield, & dmg reduction
    You got your OP fireball stuns
    You got heals that heals you instantly (whereas alot of rogues have to hunt for their heals b/c they drop randomly)
    You got your Alpha Wolf Shield

I can go on and on with the list and frankly you can't name half those things that Rogues are advantaged in.
    Only thing rooting for us is our 1 skill aimshot, and it's been nerfed I don't know how many times now and it's not a 100% 1 hit skill as it only does worthy damage if on Crit.

Seems like you guys still want more? I say LOL to that.
    Try playing rogue and compare before you start throwing out assumptions.

I have a mage and a rogue so I'm talking from experience.
    Fireball needs to charge
    Shield needs to charge
    Lightning with stun? Needs to charge
    So mage gets to tap heal.... Man what if rouges needed to charge every attack skill....
    Just my 2 plat

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kraze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

yup just tried pvp now at lvl 31-32 and im having a hard time killing any mage or warrior that dont even have any mythic gear (i have a mythic bow and a very decent gear at this lvl). mages now crit and deal dmg like rogues, stun like hell and i cant possibly kill any warrior heck i dont even think they got any damage.

i can now only kill steal (i hate getting my kill stolen from me and who doesnt? but i myself do this for the sake of kdr) or kill my own kind.

atleast give us mana packs (which is very lame), a decent shield or invinsibility for like 3secs(which is supposedly very normal for any assassin or rogue) and a 1sec sure stun for charged normal attack would be nice, so we can still compete.

and please try pvping with those 3 characters so you can see for yourself what rogues have now become.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Fireball needs to charge
    Shield needs to charge
    So mage gets to tap heal.... Man what if rouges needed to charge every attack skill....
    for your information.
    We have to charge all of our attacks if they even do the slightest bit of dmg.
    we have to charge packs
    we have to charge aim
    we have to charge normal attack otherwise it doesnt stun
    so maybe you should do more research into rogues before you talk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Uziscata For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uziscata View Post
    I just dont understand what sts were thinking.
    they want to make pvp more balance? they just tipped it over the ice berg.
    With rogues at the bottom of the ladder.
    It was more balanced last season than it is now.
    I repeat myself, but I think it still stands:

I think this update was intended to change balance. Not "even" things out so that we are back to point A. That would have rendered it redundant.
    The update itself is proof that the developers deemed the balance tipped too much in favor of one class (in pvp).

Another thought: Yes, things are crazy right now in pvp. But remember, we still have respec weekend, so everybody is trying out new builds, there is no way to say how the balance will be after that. Rogues might find a way to fight back with change of skills, mages might find more efficient new sets and warriors should experiment too and find ways to cope with the changes.

Only after that, when skill changes become rare, we will really see how things work out. When I was complaining earlier about the mages weaknesses, it was at the end of the skill-cycle (as I consider that what respec weekends mark), not a few hours after the update came out.

Experiment with new skill sets, and I think you will find much surprises what'll work and what not...

Of course, just staying with the old set will be your disadvantage...

Adapt.

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Fireball needs to charge
    Shield needs to charge
    See if you HAD a rogue AIMSHOT NEEDS TO CHARGED
    Actually almost all our skills are near worthless if non charged

So non of your arguments are valid

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    This is the only patch note regarding damage reduction that I know of.
    They've reduced our aimshot damage initially, then reduced our crit buff upgrade from 8s to 5s.

They've given mages more crit, more dodge, a much stronger weapon, +a skill that disables our one and only killing skill.
    They've given warriors a maul that can repeatedly stun us on top of regular stunning and pet stuns. I don't even want to get into the OP war teams b/c of Horn.

It's been pretty much downhill for us for last few seasons and since this is the PVP section, we really have nothing rooting for us anymore...our best weapon is the mythic bow that gives 5 dmg more than the pink bow...our heals are even less than before now...sigh

Ik the rogues here may sound selfish but can you even name one thing STS has implemented in the past 2 seasons to favor us?
    Last edited by gundamsone; 09-13-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

See if you HAD a rogue AIMSHOT NEEDS TO CHARGED
    Actually almost all our skills are near worthless if non charged

So non of your arguments are valid
    That's just totally false.

In PvE most 'pro' rogues never charge AS, what a waste of that 10% crit stack that would be. Actually, an uncharged AS gives all skill benefits like 250% Dmg on crit, armor reduction, 10% increase Dmg for each consecutive hit and 10% crit for 5seconds.

Let's see for the other skills. Trap, razor shield, 2 more popular PvE skills, don't need to be charged for any benefit except for a little Dmg increase. Nox only needs to be charged if you want to AoE component and veil makes your range larger. SP doesn't even need to be charged to still enjoy all of its benefits except for the multi target.

Most popular PvE skills don't need to be charged.

Now compare that to your sorcerer, who's supposed to be the AoE damage dealer. popular skills include, Gale, Fire, Ice, Time, lightning for PvE. Gale needs to be charged to get the AoE dmg and armor increase. Fire, needs to be charged for its very crucial stun. Ice needs to be charged or else it's just a single target damage skill and time doesn't do any damage at all if not charged. Only lightning can be considered firing uncharged in a big mob encounter.

Let's summarize...

Popular PvE skills for rogue: AS, Nox, Trap, RS, Veil. Only Nox and Veil need to be charged to get AoE damage and increased range on veil. That's 2 out of 5 popular skills. The rest you would only charge for added damage, but you wouldn't not use a skill upgrade you invested points in.

Popular PvE skills for sorcerers are: Gale, Fire, Ice, Time, Lightning. That's 4 out of 5 popular skills that need to be charged to have the benefits you're sacrificing skill points for.

Maybe you're just a so narrow minded that you only consider one aspect of the game (PvP), but for PvE I think I just proved you completely wrong. Sorcerers need to charge way more skills to benefit from the skill points they invest in skill upgrades as compared to rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thxforbuying View Post
    That's just totally false.

In PvE most 'pro' rogues never charge AS, what a waste of that 10% crit stack that would be. Actually, an uncharged AS gives all skill benefits like 250% Dmg on crit, armor reduction, 10% increase Dmg for each consecutive hit and 10% crit for 5seconds.

Let's see for the other skills. Trap, razor shield, 2 more popular PvE skills, don't need to be charged for any benefit except for a little Dmg increase. Nox only needs to be charged if you want to AoE component and veil makes your range larger. SP doesn't even need to be charged to still enjoy all of its benefits except for the multi target.

Most popular PvE skills don't need to be charged.

Now compare that to your sorcerer, who's supposed to be the AoE damage dealer. popular skills include, Gale, Fire, Ice, Time, lightning for PvE. Gale needs to be charged to get the AoE dmg and armor increase. Fire, needs to be charged for its very crucial stun. Ice needs to be charged or else it's just a single target damage skill and time doesn't do any damage at all if not charged. Only lightning can be considered firing uncharged in a big mob encounter.

Let's summarize...

Popular PvE skills for rogue: AS, Nox, Trap, RS, Veil. Only Nox and Veil need to be charged to get AoE damage and increased range on veil. That's 2 out of 5 popular skills. The rest you would only charge for added damage, but you wouldn't not use a skill upgrade you invested points in.

Popular PvE skills for sorcerers are: Gale, Fire, Ice, Time, Lightning. That's 4 out of 5 popular skills that need to be charged to have the benefits you're sacrificing skill points for.

Maybe you're just a so narrow minded that you only consider one aspect of the game (PvP), but for PvE I think I just proved you completely wrong. Sorcerers need to charge way more skills to benefit from the skill points they invest in skill upgrades as compared to rogues.
    Sorry I didn't read your post b/c this is the PVP section.
    So maybe don't come here calling people narrow minded and go argue with people under announcements or general.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I wanted to keep off this thread but...
    can you even name one thing STS has implemented in the past 2 seasons to favor us?
    Yeah. The shield nerf. What is that but an easier way for you to kill us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

One more thing about how rogues have like no mana.
    Now warriors have a skill that can steal mana from us..
    Please tell me how does this work when we already have like no mana as it is.
    -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post

Shield nerf?
    You mean abusing bugs?

I beleive you have to put a skill point in to give you 2s invincibility on charged.
    Non of the other 2 classes have a skill that gives it's charged ability on tapping.

Throw me another one when you think of it thx.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Ik the rogues here may sound selfish but can you even name one thing STS has implemented in the past 2 seasons to favor us?
    I understand the rogues' frustration here - honestly I do. I think the main problem stems from the fact that STG is planning to revamp all of the classes' abilities in PvP over time, but introducing each change piece by piece. You would have thought they'd taken the hard lessons learned from introducing arcane weapons in this same fashion and applied it to this scenario. Since their development team's staffing for AL seems to be minimal with a limited amount of time/resources for beta testing, I think we're in all actuality the beta testers here!

Remember Swede's comment in the Sep 12 patch notes?:

Quote Originally Posted by Swede
    That was never the intended role of the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer is supposed to be AOE Damage with some control. We don't want a dedicated support character. These are steps in that direction. Crit is just becoming the Sorcerers 'thing'. Rogues will be looked at as well and have something different. Not going to just do the same update on the Rogues as I do on the Sorcerer, then their powercurve moves up equally, just leaving the warrior behind.
    Unfortunately, it seems that we all have to remain patient and live with this transition for now. If we start kicking and screaming for changes to the changes, the overall projected balance of Swede's future planning will probably be ruined. Then it will be back to the drawing board for the development team and we'll be back to square one with this PvP overhaul in cyclic repetition. Since we can't see the big picture from our position as STG's clientele, it's of vital importance that they quickly absorb all of this feedback and implement the next batch of class improvements. Unless STG decides to start choosing volunteers for beta testing (which I'm sure many people would be willing to do for free and it would be an extremely successful program), I think this method of implementing PvP overhaul changes piece by piece has become our reality for the time being.

However, I think a reasonable "patch" to fill the gap, appease the rogues, and improve their performance in PvP while we patiently await the next batch of changes would be to give them a mana-replenishing skill. Either add mana to HPacks, or give a skill such as the poison one a significant mana regenerating attribute (mana HoT). If an implementation like this doesn't fit into the grand scheme of things in the future development of PvP, then take out later. But for the time being, rogues need something to hang onto.
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-14-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post

Thats not a nerf. It was a bug that was fixed, its not a nerf at all, if you were using the shield uncharged to gain invulnerability, you were [to an extent] abusing the bug.

Its like the aim shot bug, we didnt cry after that saying "they nerfed out aimshot" because we know it was a bug

On topic: I think a dev should respond if rogues are getting buffed on mana department because I dont want to get my hopes up.
    Last edited by Bless; 09-14-2013 at 05:36 AM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Shield nerf?
    You mean abusing bugs?

I beleive you have to put a skill point in to give you 2s invincibility on charged.
    Non of the other 2 classes have a skill that gives it's charged ability on tapping.

Throw me another one when you think of it thx.
    I would gladly give rogues shield with its 2 sec invulnerability and have rogues with 30% less armor in exchange for 30% more armor for mages. Let me know if u want this because I'll start a thread over it. Also I never saw you filing a bug about the 50% crit bug on aimed shot. I guess you were all to happy to abuse that bug and say nothing.