Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bring on the consignment shop!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default Bring on the consignment shop!

Hopefully, as announced, the update will arrive soon, but it can't come soon enough. I signed into the game this morning and before I could tap the screen and get off the FH intro screen I had six (!) "so-and-so wishes to trade with you" requests. Gah! Between getting hounded in town and hounded in games (Haunted Manor was a nightmare this morning, pardon the pun), I find myself wishing for an insta-ban skill. "There's a yellow flag....15 yards and no trading for 48 hours for you!!". Sigh...I know it's impossible to enforce without a lot of innocents getting banned from trading, but I can dream, can't I?
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Unfortunately, I really don't think the consignment shop will do much to cut down on person to person trade, and in town trade spam. At 10 plat per shop slot, most people will probably list one of their several items for trade, and continue to sell the rest of their stuff exactly as they do now...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Bang goes another beautiful dream. Nobody loves a realist, Royce. Now if we could figure out a way to ban blatant and repeat beggars.....
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

So long as they stick to Forest Haven, no problem. It's when they bug you in-game that ticks me off. I'm trying to play and they want my items? puh-lease...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What's worse, is after my polite reply of "no thanks it's not for sale" they then ask you why or start on with "cmon please" or "I need it" or the best one " just give it to me ok, you can just buy another one"

I get this alot when I use the scimitar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

True, FH's the trading spot, so if I don't like it, I can go elsewhere. But, Snake and Jon, you hit it on the head. In the middle of a mob, or worse, killing old Smack (or the Keeper, Overlord, etc.) and constantly getting hit with trade requests and, "Pls?" over and over and...bah! And it's worse when it's something you using--"No, no, here. Really. Take the only decent weapon/shield/armor I've got in the middle of a level. I'm sure I can pick up a pointed stick or something along the way. Anything to make you happy."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

LOL, funny canonical
    i get the "lemme buy it" a lot, but ive nevr heard "give it to me, you can just get another one" before -_-
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Unfortunately, I really don't think the consignment shop will do much to cut down on person to person trade, and in town trade spam. At 10 plat per shop slot, most people will probably list one of their several items for trade, and continue to sell the rest of their stuff exactly as they do now...
    Yep, Pigs get Fat and Hogs get slaughtered. If they would have made it a bit cheaper and gave you more then 1 slot then more people would buy the extra slots.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,489 Posts

We're reviewing pricing now. Obviously, we want to make it usable. We can also implement an option to disallow incoming trade requests except for users on your friends list.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA????????? no trading except with friend??!!??? no offense, but i dont really like this idea -_-
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ugh trade with only friends? No thanks, just make make extra slots at a reasonable price.

Maybe a button that disallows people from pressing the trade button, when you don't want to trade.

Like the ignore button but for everyone that can be set on/off at will, is more realistic.
    IGN: jacblac, mynasbear, mynasbird, mynasmage

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,489 Posts

Read it again. The option would still allow you to trade with anyone, but you would have the option of not receiving trade request messages unless people are on your friends list. This was simply an idea to avoid the "player wishes to trade with you" spam.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Read it again. The option would still allow you to trade with anyone, but you would have the option of not receiving trade request messages unless people are on your friends list. This was simply an idea to avoid the "player wishes to trade with you" spam.

-ALS
    Spoken like a true dev. Lol.
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

-ALS
    Ive suggested this before but with friend requests. This is a very very good idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathdealer View Post
    Ugh trade with only friends? No thanks, just make make extra slots at a reasonable price.

Maybe a button that disallows people from pressing the trade button, when you don't want to trade.

Like the ignore button but for everyone that can be set on/off at will, is more realistic.
    Now THIS idea i likey!! Its perfect .. YOU choose when u want to be bothered by trades and when u want to!!! Its simplicity. And thats a good thing for MMO's.
    Although i DO like the shop idea .. but seriously my partner is going go like CRAAAZY when he next visits itunes store and ALL this years credit is gone O_O
    It's getting harder and harder to talk myself into buying plat .. so PLEASE make this shop thing cheaper OR more slots .... or do deathdealer's idea!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deathdealer View Post

I LOVE THIS IDEA! it's excellent! Tbh I think this would be a better alternative..
    Deadarcherx - xDeadwizx - xCyclonex - Twinkmaster
    Lvl 50 Pure Archer - Lvl 50 Paladin - Lvl 46 Tank - Twinkbear
    "Awesomeness has no limits"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Wow i just dont understand.. why not jus have a simple auction system. U just tap auction in the menu screen, then add item with start and buy out price & or to browes items for sale.? Is it that hard to add this into the game/engine or version/patch? I just dont fully understand the consignment shop thing. I never even herd of a consignment shop ever in my whole life. I ask some one in rl and she said it means a 2nd hand store... So what is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Usually a consignment shop deals in second-hand goods. An antique store buys the item from you, marks up the price and sells it to another party. A consignment store takes the item, displays it and takes care of the transaction when it sells. They give you the sales price minus a small commission for selling and displaying the item.

The nice thing about the consignment store versus an auction is that the buyer and seller don't need to be online at the same time. I can shove something into the shop in the morning and someone can purchase it after I've gone to bed that night. Kind of handy when you think about how many different time zones all the people playing are in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

We're reviewing pricing now. Obviously, we want to make it usable. We can also implement an option to disallow incoming trade requests except for users on your friends list.

-ALS
    This is DA bomb

Quote Originally Posted by Protank View Post
    Wow i just dont understand.. why not jus have a simple auction system. U just tap auction in the menu screen, then add item with start and buy out price & or to browes items for sale.? Is it that hard to add this into the game/engine or version/patch? I just dont fully understand the consignment shop thing. I never even herd of a consignment shop ever in my whole life. I ask some one in rl and she said it means a 2nd hand store... So what is it?
    Yes it can be very difficult to implement.
    Last edited by jonboy; 11-03-2010 at 09:13 PM.