Thread: Boost mages armor, reduce rogue's and give rogues arcane shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Default Boost mages armor, reduce rogue's and give rogues arcane shield

I'd like to propose that we reduce rogue's armor by 30%, down to a mage's armor. A rouge right now has about 1300 armor vs a mage's armor 1000, so a rogue has 30% more armor then a mage. If we look at arcane shield's capabilities you get 30% damage reduction for 15 seconds or until a certain amount of damage is absorbed. Also one upgrade is 2 seconds of invulnerability. So if we reduce their armor down to 1000 and give them arcane shield, we can have mage's armor same armor rogue's currently have.

These are the benefits for a mage:

1) In PvE you wouldn't need to spec shield because you would always get 30% damage reduce, and you won't lose this as you do now when shield drops after 15 seconds or once the maximum amount of damage is absorbed. So we can go full damage with 4 offensive skills. So there is nothing lost in getting 30% more armor.

2) In PvP now we can have 3 offensive skills vs just 2 now. So that means you can pump out more damage. This means in the beginning of the fight we can stun lock them, and use 3 offensive skills + gun to take them down. And if timed right this can be done before they'd be able to get their shield up.

3) Also this would force rogues to spec more STR and less INT because the way arcane shield's formula currently works is heavily STR based. There by denying them further mana for any offensive attacks.

4) We all know now you have to charge shield to get 2 seconds of invulnerability, so its much more situational to exploit the benefits because if you use this mid combat since you risk dieing while charging shield.

These are the benefits for a rogue:

1) You get 2 seconds of invulnerability

This idea is already endorsed by pro PvPer "TheMiracleBird" aka "Bless":

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    yep. Id favour 2seconds invulnerability + about 700+ armor than 30% less armor which is like 300 armor less when maxed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Is the mages shield going to be removed too? If not then I would see why you would propose such an idea.

EDIT: If you logically think about the idea, it would NEVER get implemented. Removing one class' skills and giving it to another class hasnt been done in ANY mmo I know so it would be a miracle for STS to even consider doing this. It would be good to imagine though, but I can bet atleast 1m that this idea wont be implemented regardless of how much support it has

And please dont call me this: Pro PvPer "TheMiracleBird" aka "Bless" because I know its not praising me.
    Last edited by Bless; 09-14-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Soooo your saying lets make it that rouges have to use even more mana for 2s invunerable and 30% armor boost, no thanks I'll keep my armor as is
    Last edited by Derezzzed; 09-14-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

& no offence mages already got boosted with the last update, warriors damage got increased, everyone's heal got reduced, rouges damage got nerfed, so you want mages and rouges armor to be equal? Sorry but no this is horrible for PVE and isn't even a good idea for PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    I'd like to propose that we reduce rogue's armor by 30%, down to a mage's armor. A rouge right now has about 1300 armor vs a mage's armor 1000, so a rogue has 30% more armor then a mage. If we look at arcane shield's capabilities you get 30% damage reduction for 15 seconds or until a certain amount of damage is absorbed. Also one upgrade is 2 seconds of invulnerability. So if we reduce their armor down to 1000 and give them arcane shield, we can have mage's armor same armor rogue's currently have.

These are the benefits for a mage:

1) In PvE you wouldn't need to spec shield because you would always get 30% damage reduce, and you won't lose this as you do now when shield drops after 15 seconds or once the maximum amount of damage is absorbed. So we can go full damage with 4 offensive skills. So there is nothing lost in getting 30% more armor.

2) In PvP now we can have 3 offensive skills vs just 2 now. So that means you can pump out more damage. This means in the beginning of the fight we can stun lock them, and use 3 offensive skills + gun to take them down. And if timed right this can be done before they'd be able to get their shield up.

3) Also this would force rogues to spec more STR and less INT because the way arcane shield's formula currently works is heavily STR based. There by denying them further mana for any offensive attacks.

4) We all know now you have to charge shield to get 2 seconds of invulnerability, so its much more situational to exploit the benefits because if you use this mid combat since you risk dieing while charging shield.

These are the benefits for a rogue:

1) You get 2 seconds of invulnerability

This idea is already endorsed by pro PvPer "TheMiracleBird" aka "Bless":
    Hi flamy :P

I don't see how it would be any good at all having rouge running around with shields... Cause:

That would require a fifth offensive skill, which i don't have space for on my Iphone. Or I'd have to remove 1 skill, and I cannot live without any of my skills :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Bad idea. It seems your one if those mages complaining bout rogues being op and always wanting more for your class.

Besides rogues are meant to have mid survivalbility armor wise. Reducing it makes that obselete. Not to mention rogues would be silly running around with arcane shield. It just doesnt fit with the class.

Also consider we rogues already have a shield, Razor shield Of course they do different things but having two shields would be wierd. Razors dodge + arcane invulnerability may be a bit much as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Veluthe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Veluthe View Post
    Bad idea. It seems your one if those mages complaining bout rogues being op and always wanting more for your class.

Besides rogues are meant to have mid survivalbility armor wise. Reducing it makes that obselete. Not to mention rogues would be silly running around with arcane shield. It just doesnt fit with the class.

Also consider we rogues already have a shield, Razor shield Of course they do different things but having two shields would be wierd. Razors dodge + arcane invulnerability may be a bit much as well.
    Although I didn't wanna say it, it does sorta sound like a "rouge is OP reduce/nerf this thread"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

Guys.. this 'suggestion' was brought up in a different thread.. I'd think no rogue in their sane mind would want to trade 30% armor with mages shield.

This just goes to show how shield is NOT op. if it were every rogue would accept the trade off.

The toeless smurf!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

LOL!
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by katish View Post
    Guys.. this 'suggestion' was brought up in a different thread.. I'd think no rogue in their sane mind would want to trade 30% armor with mages shield.

This just goes to show how shield is NOT op. if it were every rogue would accept the trade off.
    ^agree with everything said here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

WORST idea ever . It sounds like "we are killed a lot by rogues , nerf them to make us not killed or just make them something that does nothing at all but getting killed blah blah blah" . Stop the crying for "mages be weak , nerf rogue and make mages stronger" . On the other hand i just never can imagine how rogues be magically making an arcane shield around themselves , and I bet only silly rogues would sacrifice their preciously earned dex (which means damage , crit , dodge and everything) just for strenght and intel just for survivability .
    Last edited by Sceazikua; 09-15-2013 at 11:31 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Let's just nerf warriors health and armor and give them a 250% crit skill while were at it. Then we can call the classes class 1,2, and 3 and just remove in type of variation from all aspects of game play. Lol

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psykopathic28 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Don't forget that the shield can reduce 45% of incoming damage. But meh, I'm equipped with pinks so I'd have probably 900 armor if this were to happen.