Thread: build experimenting with free respec

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Lightbulb build experimenting with free respec

So i decoded to take advantage of free respec weekend and experiment with different skill combinations. Im primarily focused on pve and pvp doesnt really interest me. That being said my build is as follows for pve and my playing style.
    As 5
    sp 3(multiple targets and health return)
    traps 4(no explosion )
    sv 4(no explosion )
    str 4
    int 5
    dex 5
    dmg 5

i wanted to incorpoate nox into my build to test the "noxbox" people refer to and for the DoT. So i tested a couple builds with it and came up with these.

As 5
    nox 5
    sp3(multiple targets and health return )
    health packs3(increase heal and packs)
    Str 5
    dex 5
    int 5
    dmg 5
    i know this seems more pvp oriented which i dont like but i tested nonetheless. It didnt do enough damage wise in terms of pve but i did try pvp too and did fairly well considering im not into it.

After that build i tried another with nox.
    As 5
    nox 5
    traps4 (no explosion)
    sv4(no explosion)
    dex 5
    int 5
    dmg 5
    str 3
    In this one my plan was to utilize traps to group mobs then use nox to easier apply the poison DoT. Also youd have two DoTs going from traps bleed and the poison. Lots of dmg and numbers flying there! However i didnt feel completely comfortable without sp especially when i solo hunt bael/krunch etc. I was using much more pots due to im used to relying on aid of sp health return.

Thus i came up with this next.
    As 5
    nox 5
    sp3(multiple targets and health return)
    traps 4(no explosion)
    sv4(no explosion)
    str 5
    int 5
    dex 5
    With this build i was able to keep my sp as well as nox. Same idea as previous build using as, nox, traps, sv for large mob groups in parties such as elite. Then id remap skills substituting yeaps for sp if i wanted to solo, run normal maps, or boss fights. I put these builds to test in party elites, soloable elites such as jarl, forest, and outskirts, and more.

After testing i came to multiple conclusions.
    1. I found myself charging nox too often worried about its DoT which most likely caused me not to use other skills as much. Plus im not sure i was using "noxbox" correctly.
    2. After using sp for so long im comfortable with it and it saves pots with the health regen. Its just too good to do without imo! Which btw i find funny cus i leveled to 31using similar build to alrisaia. Then my fellow hp rogues introduced me to sp and i grew to love it.
    3.When i was soloing elites like jarl, outskirts, and forest i completed them faster with my original build as opposed to these new ones with nox. Again this may be due to me charging too often and not properly using noxbox.

With these conclusions in mind ill be sticking with my original build. Im most comfortable using it. Perhaps next cap or if al ever adds another skill slot on skill map ill add nox.

Perhaps this will help other rogues but its more your personal preference. Feedback and comments welcome.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Veluthe For This Useful Post: