Thread: [READ] Ideas to improve pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Lightbulb [READ] Ideas to improve pvp

There may be similar threads but i make own thread for my ideas.

So as of now we currently have two pvp maps. Capture the flag in kraag and all out kill with a troll boss in windmoore. Correct me if wrong.

I was thinking the game should have more pvp maps with different scenes, objectives, etc. Heres a list of things i can think of right now.
    1. More maps. For instance one in each city. The scenar/theme could match according to city its in. For example, paradise pier would have sandy theme or stronghold could have snowy theme.

2. Obstacles- add trees, pillars, barriers, Oetc to decorate and to have more coverage rather than open space like our current dm. Or even add trap zones as obstacles. For instance poison areas or damaging smoke areas on ground like shuyal maps. Or zones that slow or do different effects to players.

3.New objectives/game types-defend an area. Like have something a team must stay around and defend. The other team must attack whatever opposing team is defending. If all defending team dies or object or whatever their defending is destroyed then attacking team wins. At end of round teams switch defensive/attacking sides.

Bomb set/deliver type thing. Players of one team would be the be the "bomb squad". They could be required to deliver bomb into opposing teams territory within a set time limit, say like 3-5mins. If they fail then it explodes killing whole team and thus losing and ending round. Or there could be a bomb in each teams territory or certain places in map. Teams could then try reaching bombs to diffuse them before exploding or something while killing each other too. First team to successfully diffuse bombs wins and ends round.

Handicap match-players would be required to use less skills or specific gear or loot class such as all wear epic,legendary, etc. This would make more fair rather than as now where myth can vs greens players etc. Or players could be limited to having x amount of specific stats. So youd have to choose gear wisely to accomodate or enter and meet limitation requirements. Or players could be limited/required to use a certain pet or no pet at all.

Team effort. Not really an objective but basically more team based stuff. For instance team kills. Like if a player kill steals another player a teammate has almost killed then itd be a team kill or assist and would count as kill on both players record.
    Get x amount of kills as a team or have it so you must do something as a team. Right now we're on teams red and blue but arent required to do team oriented things if you get my point.

4. Add more teams and 1vs1.like 4 teams of 3 or 5 would be cool. And 1vs1 cus in dm i see lots players requesting to go 1vs1 but not all players listen or are willing to do it. Usually ends up 2-3 ganging on 1 and then causing big fuss from my experience.

5.Powerups-add things to benefit or grant temporarily buffs to players/teams. Much like the mana/health packs that appear. These could grant heals/regeneration over time, buffed atk power, health, armor,etc for x amount of secs, like 5-10secs. Also could have ones that do opposite like decrease certain stats or drain health/mana over time.

These are just some ideas off top of my head ithink may add a new twist, i may add more later. I think theyd be fun or something new similar cus right now just two pvp maps wih two different objectives and stuff gets boring imo.

Please feel free to add feedback and/or constructive criticisn. Devs i hope you read and consider. Thanks
    Last edited by Veluthe; 09-14-2013 at 10:53 PM. Reason: added ideas to handicap match

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I like the ideas, but it seems like it would take a hella work to make.

Also, its the CTF in Windmoore and Kraag and TDM in Kraag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

love your ideas! hope stg will implement some of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Thanks guys. My bah alhunt i had them backwards hehe. And ya it would take lot of work prolly but im sure devs could manage Id just like see new things cus our current two get rather boring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

The ideas are great, but like Al said, it would be quite difficult for all of that.
    I like that Powerups and Obstacles part especially.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Even with only 2 maps sometimes it is hard to find a PvP game to join. The more maps you add, the more spread out the players become and so be prepared to wait a while to find a game to join. So I vote NO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Ya i guess your right about that one energizic.
    Still they could add some new things like this to our two maps. And perhaps game types could randomize much like arena?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

My pvp idea is this:

1. Fort Knox

There are 5 players on a side in an arena similar to Trulle's Forest. The timer at the top counts down from 10:00 (minutes).

Jarl from Brackenbridge will be patroling the arena (randomly) and will be dropping gold pieces.

The goal is to collect as much gold as possible and bring it back to your base. From then you have to deposit (similar to opening crates) the collected gold into various crates on your side. Enemies defeated will also drop their collected gold and enemy crates in opposing "Forts" can be destroyed to release the contained gold.

Game ends when the timer reaches 0. Team with the most collected gold in their crates wins!

I'll think of more later..
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Its a good change tbh.and make pvp more thrilling

Bt i gotta be honest the server capacity is a big challenge whether this is even possible to be implemented smoothly for a mobile mmo.i gotta say we got good returns in the general technical acceptance across diff devices problem.this is one of sts edge compare to others.

Its possible but most probably wont be anytime soon.but good starters to plan ahead in a long run.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Even with only 2 maps sometimes it is hard to find a PvP game to join. The more maps you add, the more spread out the players become and so be prepared to wait a while to find a game to join. So I vote NO.
    Well, I only find it hard to join a proper CTF game. TDM is easy. But if a new map is implemented, then a lot of people would want to go there. Just like how CTF became less popular after TDM came, same way here. Those that want to stay on the lb for CTF/TDM would continue to play that.