Thread: Boss as a Level based XP Elixir

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Default Boss as a Level based XP Elixir

This suggestion is to have the boss give 20% of the experience a player gains on a level when they kill them. This would encourage leveling players to kill the bosses and would prevent players from being tempted to just run past mobs and farm high experience bosses.
    The way I see it working is a player kills a mob on a level, they get their regular experience, and an additional 20% of that experience goes into a boss bank. If the player kills a boss on that level, they receive all the experience in the bank and it resets to zero. That way if there are multiple bosses, they can rebuild the bank before the next boss, and also they won't 'double dip' in the bank. If the player leaves the area, the boss bank also resets to zero and that experience is lost.

An example would be Forest Shade. A player can get about 250 experience running the area. They will have then banked 50 experience before the boss fight. If they kill the boss, they will get the 50 experience. Now lets say the team only kills the minimum and gets 100 experience on the run. The boss will only be worth 20 experience to them.

I understand that this is not an easy fix and would require multiple changes, but I believe it is good idea that will go a long way to getting players to clearing areas and killing bosses.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    This suggestion is to have the boss give 20% of the experience a player gains on a level when they kill them. This would encourage leveling players to kill the bosses and would prevent players from being tempted to just run past mobs and farm high experience bosses.
    The way I see it working is a player kills a mob on a level, they get their regular experience, and an additional 20% of that experience goes into a boss bank. If the player kills a boss on that level, they receive all the experience in the bank and it resets to zero. That way if there are multiple bosses, they can rebuild the bank before the next boss, and also they won't 'double dip' in the bank. If the player leaves the area, the boss bank also resets to zero and that experience is lost.

An example would be Forest Shade. A player can get about 250 experience running the area. They will have then banked 50 experience before the boss fight. If they kill the boss, they will get the 50 experience. Now lets say the team only kills the minimum and gets 100 experience on the run. The boss will only be worth 20 experience to them.

I understand that this is not an easy fix and would require multiple changes, but I believe it is good idea that will go a long way to getting players to clearing areas and killing bosses.
    +1 although im already capped this is a great idea (Y)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Derezzzed For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This would be great esp for lower lvls where finding a pt to defeat the bosses eg: Kraken Isles and Dead City is hard. Even for my lvl 35 mage this would be great +1

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Osabevie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Derezzzed View Post
    +1 although im already capped this is a great idea (Y)
    Quote Originally Posted by Osabevie View Post
    This would be great esp for lower lvls where finding a pt to defeat the bosses eg: Kraken Isles and Dead City is hard. Even for my lvl 35 mage this would be great +1
    I am currently 72 experience points away from level 36 (just waiting on the helm) so I am also pretty much capped. It wasn't until level 31 that I joined a guild so I was doing Kracken and Dead City 'solo' and leveling up ~after~ the area is no longer the cap is near next to impossible finding players that want to kill the bosses. I am hoping this will help those players that want to fully experience the game. Thanks for you comments!

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

I don't understand this banking part. Could you explain?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    I don't understand this banking part. Could you explain?
    Consider if you used an elixir, you would get 25% extra experience. The way this would work is the boss would be an elixir and you would get 25% extra experience for each mob you killed, but instead of getting that experience instantly, you would bank it. You would then get that experience when you killed the boss. If you do not kill the boss, you forfeit that bonus experience and the bank is emptied.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Consider if you used an elixir, you would get 25% extra experience. The way this would work is the boss would be an elixir and you would get 25% extra experience for each mob you killed, but instead of getting that experience instantly, you would bank it. You would then get that experience when you killed the boss. If you do not kill the boss, you forfeit that bonus experience and the bank is emptied.
    And if you didn't use an elixir?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    And if you didn't use an elixir?
    The boss is acting as an elixir, it would stack with an elixir. Consider the example.
    You kill 50 mobs to get to the boss and get 2 experience points each, so you gain your normal 100 experience. But you ALSO bank 25 experience, since that is 25%. When you kill the boss, you get that 25 experience. IF you had a 50% elixir, you would have gotten 150 experience, so you have banked 37.5 experience. You would then get that 37.5 experience when you kill the boss.

HunnySniper - HunnyStorm

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Sounds cool but also sounds like a lot of code
    Just my 2 plat

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

+1

I like the idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in