Thread: Devs please give me some help/ advice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Question Devs please give me some help/ advice.

I was gonna start this thread in a different manner. But i just want some helpful feedback. I posted another kinda like this but it was asking if i had better chance of getting mythic at l30. The answers i recieved were not helpful at all. I got answers like b friends w/ luck and stuff like that. I have tried opening some grand locked crates while on reroll and wearing reroll necklace. So what am i doing wrong i have spent over 300dollars for plat to open chests and get gear. But i havent got a single arcane weapon or any mythic weapons or armor. I have recieved glacian and an amulet of doom. I had a friend tell me they have two toons and got full mythic sets using a method and it never took more than 40 crates which translates to 50dollars. I have tried the method "my friend" explained and still nothing! Did i do something wrong? Can u please give me a tip on what i need to do? I am wondering if my device has something to do w/ it! Please help!! If i did something to make my rep/ chances at recieving my dream gear less likely? If so i appologize!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    183 Posts

Not a dev but a random noob. I'd say it's all about luck and it seems it's not on your side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Please guys and girls if ur not a dev at least post something that might help or pm it to me. I want help or advice....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

The community is trying to tell you that there is nothing you can do, the system is luck based. When you open a locked crate you have a chance at getting mythic/arcane, that's it, a chance. There are no guarantees, no rituals to improve your odds, no nothing. Wearing luck amulet or luck elixir doesn't increase your odds either.

The toeless smurf!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

If you know someone who opened 40 crates and got full mythic sets, then they are either super lucky or they are lying. After playing this game for many months and speaking to a ton of people, I'd say the odds or getting a single mythic item are about 1 in 75-100 crates, and the odds of getting a single arcane item are probably about 1 in 500-1000 crates. Being that you have gotten an arcane item with fewer than 500 crates, I'd say you were lucky.

I have personally opened more than 120 crates and have never gotten any mythic or arcane items.

If opening 40 crates (costs 600 plat) was enough to give the average player a full mythic set, then I'd guess mythic items would cost around 200-250k each, not millions of gold each. 600 plat converts into 600k gold, so the value of the items are based on that figure. Usually items are worth slightly more than their cost in plat, since many players who cannot buy plat bid up those figures.

For example, a leprechaun pendant cost 150 plat (equivalent to 150k gold), but sells for around 200k. So if 600 plat (600k worth of gold) was enough to get 5 mythic items, then all 5 of those together may be worth 800k-1m. Since the full mythic set sells for 12m (12,000 plat if converted to gold, or enough to open 800 locked crates), then it would probably take close to that much plat to loot the full set, perhaps slightly less if you account for a slight increase when priced in gold.

Likewise with arcane items. If an arcane item is worth 20m on average (20,000 plat, or enough to open more than 1,000 crates), then it probably takes that much worth of plat to loot one. If most players who opened only 100 crates got an arcane item, the price of those items would fall to far less.

Like it or not, the price in real money of purchasing plat to loot these items does indeed have an affect on what they go for in gold.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

All Energizetic said is correct , just wanting to point out that looting glacian means youre very lucky , if you sold that egg you may get the full set of mythic you are dreaming for