Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Achievement for being a successful merchant....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Ok not sure I get the point. Are we looking for some new fancy title that others can't have? I'd much rather resources spent on new content be it additional classes or idk some variety in vanity items before we add a bunch of code to track ah listings (pretty sure there not tracking this on an individual level currently so let that soak in a database tracking all that ah information and the lag this could in turn cause).

In the end the money achievements can be tainted an cheated but as we all know so can the pvp ones. once this would be added then the pvp players would throw a fit and want something similar now we have yet another massive database and even more lag
    Last edited by Kraze; 09-20-2013 at 12:11 AM.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Why all the hate? Half your comments are giving off the negative vibes.
    In MMO's players do w/e they want and if you've actually played a MMO before you know that theres the
    Merchers who play to merch
    PVE-ers
    PVP-ers aka PKers
    Role Playing-ers people who dress up and chat
    First off lets look at what this achievement says:

- Collected 10,50,100m gold.

No where does it say earned through merching. And none of the other gold achievements say earned through merching. The only merching achievements are for listing items in the auction house. So now you must think that these achievements can only be earned through merching. Because that is what the original suggestion says:

"The 50m & 100m gold achievements were originally suggested as a reward for merchants who were successful in making a ton of money."

Now I would like someone to point me to a link where it says these achievements were for merchants. I earned the 10m achievement through farming and selling those things I farmed. So maybe these achievements should only be earned through farming and selling. And not the easy way by buying and selling. So you support buying and selling earning this achievement and yet don't support people who legitimately farmed these achievements? I say all of this sarcastically because this is the same logic you are using. Except that its to your advantage as to what is being suggested. And if the achievement was setup in such a way where you would have to farm for this amount of gold it probably would be way more difficult to get.

So to sum up, do I care if people borrow this amount of gold for the achievement? No I dont because the achievement doesn't say anything about merching. But I am fine with adding more achievements. But as we can see the original poster didn't suggest anything about adding more achievements just ones for merchants. So I stand by my suggestion to change the name to Auction Legends given this post is only about merchant achievements. Its very apropos.

And one last thing, apparently its okay for you to say:

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    How people play the game is 100% up to them and theres no reason to discriminate against a certain group of players just b/c you think it's not how the game should be played
    If people want to lend gold to other people thats how they want to play the game, and theres no reason to discriminate against a certain group of players just b/c you think it's not how the game should be played.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

As the last post clearly points out, the achievement I have suggested here can be accomplished by farming and selling those items in the auction. So you can actually obtain these achievements without doing a single bit of merching.

Wow, what a great idea! An achievement that can be accomplished in multiple ways!

Please keep this constructive. If you disagree, then say why you disagree, but no need to get mean.

Yes, some of us choose to be merchants. Those of you who know me also know that I do a ton of elite farming, and also do a ton of PvP. So I do a bit of everything. But yes, I would like if there was some achievements I could earn by being a good merchant. When they came out with the wealth achievements, I figured that would be the answer. But obviously they have been abused and have now become meaningless. It would be nice if there was an achievement I could earn by merching that would actually be hard to earn and could not be abused. That is all I'm asking.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Still has to do with wealth. Still lame.