Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When could we expect to see addition of new skills?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Default When could we expect to see addition of new skills?

For those of us who've been here for 4-5 seasons, the game cycles getting quite predictable.
    New weapons, new armors, new pets, more stats the the previous...that's the current trend.

By now many of us players want a little more than new gear or new pets.
    Perhaps allowing a 5th skill slot?or an introduction of a 9th skill (unlocking @ "x" level), or maybe even additional upgrades on existing skills?

With more variety in skills, it will allow room for many different skill builds and counters to other builds..and just maybe we will see an end to the "my class is UNDERPOWERED" threads.

*My personal suggestion for the Rogues 9th skill:
    An invisibility cloak that hides you for 6 second with a 30 second cooldown
    You are not immune to any combat damage while invisible.
    Upgrades to Increase duration, decrease cooldown, immunity for 2 seconds, shadow cloning, hp/mana buff/regen, etc.
    Last edited by gundamsone; 09-18-2013 at 04:40 AM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I think we will see new upgrades to existing skills. There seems to be no reason for adding new skills, but any new features can just be added to existing skills.

I think we will also see further upgrades on the passives. I'm sure you remember that they kept raising the number of upgrades for each skill in PL, so I'm sure we will see that soon, maybe next expansion or the one after that. Because right now we are starting to run out of upgrades, and all of us are going to start looking the same, which I'm sure they want us to avoid.

There should always be more skills and passive upgrades that everyone wants than what they have enough skill points for. Then it forces you to make though decisions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

they could take shadow storm shot out and replace it. I'd love to see them add a revive subability (at least to mages). then I won't whine so much about the bosses one hit abilities when we're not even in the red zone.

I do remember one dev saying that passive armor gets more powerful the more armor we get so they don't see it ever going above 5. They didn't leave out increasing any of the others tho. I'm like you guys tho, I'd rather them add new skills/subabilites instead of increasing passives.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Instead of seeing a 5th skill, I prefer to see NEW additional skills added on or remove some useless ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Instead of seeing a 5th skill, I prefer to see NEW additional skills added on or remove some useless ones.
    Exactly. 5th skill would get crowded on a phone screen, but new skills would be useful. Remove useless ones like SSS.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Drearivev For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    Exactly. 5th skill would get crowded on a phone screen, but new skills would be useful. Remove useless ones like SSS.
    Who doesn't like to spam SSS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm not sure about other classes, but for sorcerers I don't think there are any useless skills. I see mages will all different types of builds using all 8 skills. The only one I saw that almost nobody used was gale force, and now with the speed dash update I see a lot of sorcerers now using that as well. And curse is now used by a ton in pvp. So really we have enough to choose from but could use some more upgrades.

I would also like to see a revive upgrade added to Lifegiver.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

[QUOTE=Energizeric;1270450]I'm not sure about other classes, but for sorcerers I don't think there are any useless skills. I see mages will all different types of builds using all 8 skills. The only one I saw that almost nobody used was gale force, and now with the speed dash update I see a lot of sorcerers now using that as well. And curse is now used by a ton in pvp. So really we have enough to choose from but could use some more upgrades.

I would also like to see a revive upgrade added to Lifegiver

Yeah all 8 skills are now viable for use as Mage in some form . I personally would love a 5th skill slot but don't perceive the chance of that being added as too high. Not a fan of the revive idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

I would love to see some diversity in end game pvp rogues -.-
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    158 Posts

Nice idea.i dont get why people keep comparing to other spacetime product like pl or rl or whtever.then you wont escape the cocoon and end up being typical anf predictable.as what it is becoming now.

If we are looking at rpg genre which is a bigger segment for comparison what love suggested make sense for an ideal evolution.we will see a massive change in gameplay or charactet development whilst adding flavours to the content so it wont end up dull and so prefictable.stronger storyline balanced with competituve challenges have longer span for the game longevity.

Its a nice skill addition like an assasin.cant think of what best for other classers but heres to a good start.
    semi-retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I would also like to see a revive upgrade added to Lifegiver.
    Sam said they don't want a class that would be pressured into using one skill by other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The main reason that a Revive ability isn't currently in Arcane Legends is the limitation to only 4 skills. If one class did have such an ability, they'd pretty much always have to have it up when running in a party (or their party mates would likely browbeat them into slotting it - which isn't something we want). The limitation to 4 skills is by design and fits well with the current functionality to upgrade skills. Also, with all 3 classes having access to a heal ability and how bosses pop out heal plusses as you fight them - dying is part of the intended difficulty. We'd say, play better.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

I would love to see 5th skill slot and upgrades as well.

Most if you have given ideas. I Like the idea of revive but not a high possibility since that would take away some of devs plat income.

Heres some possible skill ideas i can think of:
    warrior
    Vitalality shout-increase yours and party health/armor temporarily. Upgrades could be duration, range, etc.

Shield bash-Add a skill using shield as there shields in game. The skill could stun a single target for like 3 sec /reduce armor of target. Possible uupgrades could be hit extra mob, stun duration etc.

Another damage dealing skill. I know wars are meant to dish damage out but we basically just have ss and windmill while others are taunting.

Mage
    Revive-revive dead party member.

Earthquake-since they have all other elements wind/ice/fire why not earth? It could make rocks come up from ground or around enemies. Possible stun chance, reduce armor, etc of target. Possible duration, increase radius, etc for upgrades.

Life drain-Damage a target by sucking their life out of them. Possible upgrades: return life drained to caster, drain and return mana as well, increase drain amount

Rogue
    Invisibility as love said. I like the idea and it just fits with the class.

Blinding powder-Blinds/disorients targets reducing hit chance, crit, atk power. Could throw down like sv. Upgrades duration, radius, the usual.

Shadowstep-Move in a blur creating temporarily shadow clones around enemies and damaging them. Could increase dodge or something since enemies would have harder time determining the real you. Upgrades: extra clone, duration, etc.

These are just some ideas i can think of but anything new would be cool. I think we will see something next expansion cus weve run out of things to increase as is. As for passives i dont see them being further upgraded cus they all get sstronger based on stats not just armor as someone said.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Veluthe For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Sam said they don't want a class that would be pressured into using one skill by other classes.
    It would be an upgrade to life giver, not a whole skill by itself. Besides, that doesn't really make any sense. That's like saying they don't want rogues to be pressured into using aimed shot. Sure, a rogues doesn't have to have it but who would do a run with her? A revive subability would be good for the party and hopefully mages would be pressured to activate it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

More skills or new classes would be sweet however nothing the devs will ever do will end the "omgz this class is op" or "nurf dis NAO plox"
    Just my 2 plat

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

All I'm gonna say about revive is it would be just like mana heal. I would be walkin round pvp. And some silly rogue be like yo psyko revive me. Then I laugh and tell him to revive me while I walk over his dead body.

Reasoning - healing rogues mana so they can steal my kills doesn't benefit me and neither does bringin you back to life either for the same reason

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Give Wars Beckon and Stomp
    Give Rogues Break Shield and Root
    Give Mages Atk(Dmg+Crit) and Def(Armor+Hp) Buffs

*stolen from their other game xD
    Last edited by gundamsone; 09-18-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More range attacks to warriors, for those who run when they're low health in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone:1270147
    *My personal suggestion for the Rogues 9th skill:
    An invisibility cloak that hides you for 6 second with a 30 second cooldown
    You are not immune to any combat damage while invisible.
    Upgrades to Increase duration, decrease cooldown, immunity for 2 seconds, shadow cloning, hp/mana buff/regen, etc.
    Invisible cloak that hide you for 6 seconds? Are you serious, do you know how many would use that skill in pvp? Then people would cry about it being op.

Heck no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Merching View Post
    More range attacks to warriors, for those who run when they're low health in pvp.
    Much worse than my invisibility suggestion.
    You might as well hand them a bow to wield if that's what you're asking for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone:1271164
    Quote Originally Posted by Merching View Post
    Much worse than my invisibility suggestion.
    You might as well hand them a bow to wield if that's what you're asking for.
    Lmao, umad?
    Just sayin' think of both pve & pvp.