Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 50m & 100m gold achievements

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default 50m & 100m gold achievements

It occurred to me that these achievements are in the wrong achievement category. They are listed under the "assets" section, but should really be under the "social" section. Why? I think you all know the reason...

Because 90% of those who have "achieved" these achievements do not have 50m or 100m gold. But they do have lots of friends who will lend them, or share with them the required gold. So therefore, it's not really a measure of your assets, but a measure of how many good friends you have that trust you.

The solution to this issue is to eliminate these two achievements, and in their place make 2 new achievements that require that the amount of gold be kept for 30 days. Then only the players who really have this much gold will get the achievement. Otherwise there is really no point in even having these achievements at all. If this sort of thing is too complicated for STS to program, then I would suggest just eliminating these two achievements all together. Because as they are now, they are being abused and not an indicator of how many assets someone has.

No achievement should be based on any item that an be borrowed from another player.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That won't work either. You're telling a person that he can't spend his money for 30 days?

I don't see the big deal in friends helping friends with achievements. Are you telling me that everything you've done has been completely solo?

You know as well as the community who actually has that amount. Other than that, it really is just a title.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

I think you take these achievements too seriously. How is it an achievement to get invited by someone to kill Bael, Krunch or Replacement Challenger? You didn't do anything to find them which is the hardest part and in fact you could just stand there and let someone else do the work for you to kill Bael/Krunch/Challenger. When I get invited by low levels I tell them not to do anything until Bael or Krunch is near death because he can one hit KO them. This is basically the same thing. I don't see the big deal, but I think this is more an attempt as a way to deny people achievement points for the leaderboard.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Of what use is having a leaderboard if it doesn't reflect your skills in the game? Yes, you can never solve such problems 100%, but you do your best. You are saying they should just give up all together.

My point is why even have the 50m and 100m achievements anyway then? Unless an achievement indicates some kind of hard work or skill in the game, it should not exist.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Of what use is having a leaderboard if it doesn't reflect your skills in the game? Yes, you can never solve such problems 100%, but you do your best. You are saying they should just give up all together.

My point is why even have the 50m and 100m achievements anyway then? Unless an achievement indicates some kind of hard work or skill in the game, it should not exist.
    The leaderboard achievements do not directly reflect skill. Heck, those achievements - I can do, but I'd rather not waste time on pointless things like flag running.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    The leaderboard achievements do not directly reflect skill. Heck, those achievements - I can do, but I'd rather not waste time on pointless things like flag running.
    So then by that logic, maybe you should be able to borrow flags from your buddy. I'm sure those who worked very hard to get 10k flags would not appreciate that. Likewise, those who worked hard by merching to save up lots of gold do not appreciate when others can earn the same achievements by simply pooling gold with their buddies.

The purpose of the leaderboards is to show which players have accomplished different things. Any item that does not reflect accomplishments should not be reflected in the leaderboards.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Perhaps a better idea for assets type of achivements would be to reflect what have instead of what you had. Meaning that you lose the APs if you no longer have the gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Perhaps a better idea for assets type of achivements would be to reflect what have instead of what you had. Meaning that you lose the APs if you no longer have the gold.
    What if you wanted to buy something and also wanted to keep the achievement?

This is bramer - signing out
    Let's make kids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

U too much care abt the lb. Just enjoy the game, borrow the gold get the achievements too. Lb never was and never will be only abt the skills fairness hard work or whatever u want to be it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bramer View Post
    What if you wanted to buy something and also wanted to keep the achievement?

Then you would have more than the required amount of gold.

I think it's just better to make it so that you must have that amount of gold for 30 days straight, then you are granted the achievement at that point. I see nothing wrong with this. Lots of achievements take hard work to get. 10k flags takes forever. The wealth achievements are supposed to be achievements for merching and/or farming to make money, not to indicate that you borrowed gold from your friend. And right now that's all it means. I've seen a ton of players already wearing the goldfinger title and wearing noob gear with noob stats. And players who I know never have any gold are suddenly wearing these titles.

The reason people requested more achievements for things like wealth, kills, etc. was to add some interest to the game and make it so that categories other than flags determines your place on the leaderboard. These extra 2 wealth achievements do not accomplish that. It seems that everyone will have them in a week or two, and we will be back to flagging. Total failure of objective here.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 09-05-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    U too much care abt the lb. Just enjoy the game, borrow the gold get the achievements too. Lb never was and never will be only abt the skills fairness hard work or whatever u want to be it.
    Then why even have a leaderboard? If the leaderboard is not a fair rank of what players have accomplished in the game, then maybe STS needs to change it to make it so. Otherwise there is really no point in having a leaderboard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Then you would have more than the required amount of gold.

I think it's just better to make it so that you must have that amount of gold for 30 days straight, then you are granted the achievement at that point. I see nothing wrong with this. Lots of achievements take hard work to get. 10k flags takes forever. The wealth achievements are supposed to be achievements for merching and/or farming to make money, not to indicate that you borrowed gold from your friend. And right now that's all it means. I've seen a ton of players already wearing the goldfinger title and wearing noob gear with noob stats. And players who I know never have any gold are suddenly wearing these titles.

The reason people requested more achievements for things like wealth, kills, etc. was to add some interest to the game and make it so that categories other than flags determines your place on the leaderboard. These extra 2 wealth achievements do not accomplish that. It seems that everyone will have them in a week or two, and we will be back to flagging. Total failure of objective here.
    Dont take me wrong but ur post just says "im jelaous bc all that noob, poor players with crappy gear have the achievement and me whos trying so hard, is a good mercher, having good gear, is soo much better then them, i cant get it now, it will take me soo much time, and they already have it."
    Well if u ask me its kind of a hard work to get all those ppl to trust me to get so much gold from them. So they "achieved" something .
    As i said u can do the same...
    Truly said i dont like the lb, it takes the fun out of the game. And this is just a game, so enjoy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

In a different perspective... It sorta is an achievement to get 100m gold from lending.

It's not like everyone hands their gold to some random person... Some major trust has to exist before someone is willing to take that risk... And frankly trust is not free. It must be earned, with work and a lot of friendship.

Just a radical type of perspective...
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Tbh I just think they shouldn't have added those achieves. Next will me 500m mark my words
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    Tbh I just think they shouldn't have added those achieves. Next will me 500m mark my words
    They could have just made them legitimate by eliminating lending as an option. Remember when Arcane achievement first came out everyone wanted to borrow a hammerjaw egg to get achievement. Then STS responded to the issue by making it so that you couldn't get the achievement by just having the egg in your possession, but instead you must either loot it or hatch it. They should fix this achievement the same way they fixed that one.

Yes there are some players who legitimately made 50m or 100m (Love comes to mind), but only those players should have the achievement. Like other achievements, this should be one that you have to work towards, not that you can simply borrow to get.

And no, I won't be borrowing to get this achievement. I will earn it the proper way over time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

They could have just made them legitimate by eliminating lending as an option. Remember when Arcane achievement first came out everyone wanted to borrow a hammerjaw egg to get achievement. Then STS responded to the issue by making it so that you couldn't get the achievement by just having the egg in your possession, but instead you must either loot it or hatch it. They should fix this achievement the same way they fixed that one.

Yes there are some players who legitimately made 50m or 100m (Love comes to mind), but only those players should have the achievement. Like other achievements, this should be one that you have to work towards, not that you can simply borrow to get.

And no, I won't be borrowing to get this achievement. I will earn it the proper way over time.
    I'd have to agree, the sharing of gold involved with obtaining "Goldfinger" and "The Midas Touch" pretty much ruins the definition of an "achievement". I am a hypocrite in this respect, because I pooled gold together to obtain "Filthy Rich" before Season 4 end. The reason is not because I couldn't earn 10m on my own, but rather, I had many mythic items to purchase before the expansion went live. Honestly, I've spent over 20m gold in my lifetime of playing. But as falmear mentioned above, most of the achievements are set up this way. My opinion is that the majority of achievements are trivial, and in the end the leader board boils down to who has the 10k flags achievements and most PvE kills. This, to me, does not adequately portray the "Top Player/Warrior/Sorcerer/Rogue".

If I were on the achievement development team, this game would have ones such as "Complete the Arena 100 times", "Kill X Boss 300 times", "Reach the leader board in some fashion at least once (timed runs, PvE kills, etc.)", "Loot X, Y and Z eggs directly from these bosses", and so on. Things of this nature accurately reflect someone's efforts to "achieve" something in the game. Of course, I already know that the majority of replies below this are going to be in disagreement, because 'it's too hard'...
    Last edited by Taejo; 09-05-2013 at 08:48 PM.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Taejo For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I'd have to agree, the sharing of gold involved with obtaining "Goldfinger" and "The Midas Touch" pretty much ruins the definition of an "achievement". I am a hypocrite in this respect, because I pooled gold together to obtain "Filthy Rich" before Season 4 end. The reason is not because I couldn't earn 10m on my own, but rather, I had many mythic items to purchase before the expansion went live. Honestly, I've spent over 20m gold in my lifetime of playing. But as falmear mentioned above, most of the achievements are set up this way. My opinion is that the majority of achievements are trivial, and in the end the leader board boils down to who has the 10k flags achievements and most PvE kills. This, to me, does not adequately portray the "Top Player/Warrior/Sorcerer/Rogue".

If I were on the achievement development team, this game would have ones such as "Complete the Arena 100 times", "Kill X Boss 300 times", "Reach the leader board in some fashion at least once (timed runs, PvE kills, etc.)", "Loot X, Y and Z eggs directly from these bosses", and so on. Things of this nature accurately reflect someone's efforts to "achieve" something in the game. Of course, I already know that the majority of replies below this are going to be in disagreement, because 'it's too hard'...
    Screw the haters, that's an awsome idea.

Let's make kids

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

As much as I'd like this it's not going to happen.

Instead of having these AP's perhaps they can make a hidden LB or public LB, and the top 25 who holds the most gold at the end of the season will be awarded something?
    At the current rate everyone will have 1 or the other sooner or later....all about relationships and borrowing from what i've seen so far.

A rather useless achievement that only promotes begging/sucking up to people you don't even know/trust scamming (which we will probably hear of soon)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    As much as I'd like this it's not going to happen.

Instead of having these AP's perhaps they can make a hidden LB or public LB, and the top 25 who holds the most gold at the end of the season will be awarded something?
    At the current rate everyone will have 1 or the other sooner or later....all about relationships and borrowing from what i've seen so far.

A rather useless achievement that only promotes begging/sucking up to people you don't even know/trust scamming (which we will probably hear of soon)
    I'd have to imagine this makes you more angry than anyone else because you are one of the few players who really did earn this achievement. I think the 30 days option would have been a good one. Nobody is going to lend someone millions of gold for 30 days. So those who have that amount for 30 days straight are the ones who really are rich enough to deserve the achievement.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I believe there was a suggestion before to grant an achievement for 25M and 50M, now STS has granted that request.

The concern of borrowing gold to achieve a "X million of gold" achievement started at the Filthy Rich AP, the issues should have been brought up at that time. It wasn't brought up because at that time you are comfortable of reaching the amount of gold OR have reached it. I do agree that to REALLY earn it is what counts as true achievement but how do STS measure that?
    The Forum here is more FUN!