Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ios 7

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default Ios 7

How's everyone liking it? IMO, it's pretty sweet so far. Except it gives me an odd feeling of those nexus phones, with their menus and all. Still a neat update in terms of a new interface and different tap-layouts.

Thoughts?

Edit: Does this IOS 7 update impact the way we play STS' games at all?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Beyond ugly imo. 90% of it was ripped off of other OS anyways, ie the card design for multitasking being entirely taken from WebOS.

I say 90% because the hideous design and color templates they chose certainly were not taken from anywhere else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream:1271030
    Beyond ugly imo. 90% of it was ripped off of other OS anyways, ie the card design for multitasking being entirely taken from WebOS.

I say 90% because the hideous design and color templates they chose certainly were not taken from anywhere else.
    Agrees with Mysticaldream.

And my own reason: its not 3D like the other iOS's before it. It looks flat and like the software guys at Apple just said "Eh. Im outta ideas. Lets make stuff simple but add some stuff to make it look not simple"

To Apple if u read this: no offense intended. Plz don't kill me o.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I feel like iOS7 was designed by a metrosexual or somebody who really enjoys sterile environments. Honestly, I hate the operating system. It's so ugly that it isn't even funny.

David, I know I said that I was done using Android after my Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD debacle, but I am definitely considering it again as everyday, Android just looks better and better with more features to offer me & now with a more intuitive interface.

Now...I'm not sure if I should get the HTC One or the S4, although I'm not a huge fan of plastic phones.

Also, the fading in and out animations were definitely Android rip offs.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Better off to droid, ios7 is much like MIUI in droid.

Tbh, Dont like strict os, jailbreak is dead.

Prefer this open source os, with root. Everything is possible

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I feel like iOS7 was designed by a metrosexual or somebody who really enjoys sterile environments. Honestly, I hate the operating system. It's so ugly that it isn't even funny.

David, I know I said that I was done using Android after my Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire HD debacle, but I am definitely considering it again as everyday, Android just looks better and better with more features to offer me & now with a more intuitive interface.

Now...I'm not sure if I should get the HTC One or the S4, although I'm not a huge fan of plastic phones.

Also, the fading in and out animations were definitely Android rip offs.
    I use the HTC One and love it. Only downsides are Sense 5 and the 4 "Ultra Pixel" camera. I don't care much for cell phone cameras to begin with (aside from the Lumia 1020's), and easy answer to Sense 5 is to load a custom rom, which I highly suggest for any Android device. If you load CyanogenMod on it, it'll be a dream. Also, they've recently raised $7M for it, so they're going to be pumping even more awesome stuff into it soon.

Here's the site:
    http://www.cyanogenmod.org/

The One covers the two most important categories for me, and those are build quality and overall media with those godly speakers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Waiting for the update itself was a pain.

Not worth it. Guess it's just time for another jailbreak.

-------------------
    Sent using spray paint on the city walls.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

@parht

My One had shoddy build quality, it was as glued on which i managed to break immediately. I've gone though about 6 phones in the past month just getting a feel for the current ones, my fav and current(think i'll be sticking with this one) is the vivo x3. i wouldnt recommend the s4 or one, only american phone i like is the moto x. i tried a goophone lately, it's literally an iphone with a weaker processor. you can't tell the difference after you take off the goophone sticker on the back(the back has an apple logo under it). there isn't any lag that i could see, a few flash websites were slow. there's no developer support and gl getting the warranty recognized if you do need to use it. i'm honestly into aesthetics of my phone more than anything else.

tldr vivo x3 sexy buy now

ss from a day ago i think

on topic tho, i don't know any friends with iphones who aren't whining about 7

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

if you want a guide on customizing your android i can find that, the status bar is literally that black shadow for me. when i pull down text appears in white.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

All 3 of my daughters have iPhones and hate the update. I just smile and walk away. My 2 year old Samsung Nexus still works like a charm.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I got it, and was severely disappointed! The color schemes, and the pre-downloaded app layouts just suck now!!

Some good things are the new lock screen, I kinda dig it. Nice and colorful now XD, now you can have more apps in a folder, the new delete task feature, and the cool new bottom slider.
    Other than that.. Meh, looks all kiddy now!

~| SL: Sheriff - Burglar - Aracnus - Twink | PL: Excruciate | DL: Aracnus - Alarm | AL: Sacred - Slug |~

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

I've never been a techy-fanatic kinda guy, so I appreciate any technology as long it's working smoothly and running well (and can run for a long period of time make my parent's money worthwhile).

I guess people's expectations for IOS fell apart. I have noticed that those who own Iphone 5's reap most of the neat benefits of ios 7 - those with any generations lower will not.

Again, I'm not going to complain about the interface. I do prefer the old one, but this one have no real effect on me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I think I am the only person here who likes it....wow. The only major negative I have is the fact that my battery is draining faster now than ever before. :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I don't hate it. But, I only use my apple devices for social media/pl lmao.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Noi`ya View Post
    @parht

My One had shoddy build quality, it was as glued on which i managed to break immediately. I've gone though about 6 phones in the past month just getting a feel for the current ones, my fav and current(think i'll be sticking with this one) is the vivo x3. i wouldnt recommend the s4 or one, only american phone i like is the moto x. i tried a goophone lately, it's literally an iphone with a weaker processor. you can't tell the difference after you take off the goophone sticker on the back(the back has an apple logo under it). there isn't any lag that i could see, a few flash websites were slow. there's no developer support and gl getting the warranty recognized if you do need to use it. i'm honestly into aesthetics of my phone more than anything else.

tldr vivo x3 sexy buy now

ss from a day ago i think

on topic tho, i don't know any friends with iphones who aren't whining about 7
    I have heard a few issues with some of the Ones issued. Some of the unibodies even had gapping in them.

Absolutely hate Verizon since I can't buy anything they don't carry, but I've been happy with my One thus far. I wasn't too thrilled when I had an S4, too hyped of a phone imo.

One of the best phones I've used was the Oppo Find 5. Interested in the N1 coming in a few days too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    How's everyone liking it? IMO, it's pretty sweet so far. Except it gives me an odd feeling of those nexus phones, with their menus and all. Still a neat update in terms of a new interface and different tap-layouts.

Thoughts?

Edit: Does this IOS 7 update impact the way we play STS' games at all?
    I have to say that Ios 7 looks beautiful

Add me on Arcane Legends! IGN : Tishamaxine
    " Hate me for who I am, at least im not pretending to be someone im not. "
    Signature made by Beelzzebob

I'm the guy with my hand on your shoulder
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Petrichor View Post
    I think I am the only person here who likes it....wow. The only major negative I have is the fact that my battery is draining faster now than ever before. :/
    Same!
    O Hai Der

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Petrichor View Post
    Try lower down your brightness

Add me on Arcane Legends! IGN : Tishamaxine
    " Hate me for who I am, at least im not pretending to be someone im not. "
    Signature made by Beelzzebob

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

My iphone 4 runs a jailbroken ios 6. I don't want the new ios, and most likely won't get the new iphone 5bs or whatever. What i will get if i intend to play with a phone rather than just do business with it, is most likely a galaxy.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

If you guys really hate it that much, you can still downgrade.