Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop just stop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default Stop just stop.

Sts please just stop the 10-5 level difference in a pvp match. I just ABHORE having to join a lvl61 pvp match, get GANGED by 3 L66s and then having to be puked on, called noob, and trashed. Yes I leave and sometimes just shake it off but no I've reached my limit on shaking this off, I'm sick of this (excuse my language) crap. Please just make the MAX LEVEL DIFFERENCE to level 4. I hate being rushed by 2 level caps difference and can't do anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I feel your frustration more than you would probably guess. However, I believe that your solution does not adequately address the problem. The assumption you have made is that the level difference is so massive that it isn't fair for lower levels. But why is that? It's because the gear change as far as stats go is such a massive difference. In other words, the problem is that a character ten levels higher than the opposing character can destroy him because his gear is so much better. In essence, the gap between levels stat-wise is too big!

Based on the above logic, the solution would not be to change the level range, but rather change the stats themselves. This is something I've been asking them to do for...well about three years now. In many other mmo's the big difference between 1 and 80 often has more to do with upgrading skills than actual gear. That is the way I believe Pl should be.

The reason I believe shortening the level ranges is a bad idea is due to lack of players in general. You're lucky to even find a game 5 levels higher than you from my experience. If stats were less of a massive difference every 5 levels, players could all play together much more fairly and they could even increase the limit of levels.

One opposition to this idea is that the PvE aspect of the game might suffer. I believe this assumption is wrong because your character is, in fact, improving across the levels even if it is at a slow rate. People often say that the PvE content wouldn't get any harder if the characters don't get much more powerful. Again, I believe this argument is invalid because it assumes "harder" means the enemy has more hp and damage. This is a poor definition of the word "hard." Harder should imply a better use of strategy and teamwork, not more girding and epic weapons.

Make any sense? Sorry for the rant...

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    I feel your frustration more than you would probably guess. However, I believe that your solution does not adequately address the problem. The assumption you have made is that the level difference is so massive that it isn't fair for lower levels. But why is that? It's because the gear change as far as stats go is such a massive difference. In other words, the problem is that a character ten levels higher than the opposing character can destroy him because his gear is so much better. In essence, the gap between levels stat-wise is too big!

Based on the above logic, the solution would not be to change the level range, but rather change the stats themselves. This is something I've been asking them to do for...well about three years now. In many other mmo's the big difference between 1 and 80 often has more to do with upgrading skills than actual gear. That is the way I believe Pl should be.

The reason I believe shortening the level ranges is a bad idea is due to lack of players in general. You're lucky to even find a game 5 levels higher than you from my experience. If stats were less of a massive difference every 5 levels, players could all play together much more fairly and they could even increase the limit of levels.

One opposition to this idea is that the PvE aspect of the game might suffer. I believe this assumption is wrong because your character is, in fact, improving across the levels even if it is at a slow rate. People often say that the PvE content wouldn't get any harder if the characters don't get much more powerful. Again, I believe this argument is invalid because it assumes "harder" means the enemy has more hp and damage. This is a poor definition of the word "hard." Harder should imply a better use of strategy and teamwork, not more girding and epic weapons.

Make any sense? Sorry for the rant...
    Np I get what your saying but I actually do find 5 level higher ppl quite a lot most of the time..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Y O L O View Post
    Np I get what your saying but I actually do find 5 level higher ppl quite a lot most of the time..
    Ah, so you feel that a great temporary fix would be to further limit the level ranges?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Maybe, and this is just a thought,
    maybe

dont join 66 games omg ikr

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

While in 35-40 pvp IMO not really a problem, 40s and 35s join each other all the time.
    But at 56, it gets annoying when all the people are 61 in a 56 game..
    Ofc, I understand the 61s reason for joining 56, many 66s join 61 games, and here its a HUGE problem.
    Why? Mainly cuz the 66 have 9 SKILL RANK! Which means better buffs/more dmg attacks, and on top of that, even having an angel set? OMG, when the 66s farm 61s, the 61s can do a single thing against them, and 66s know it. 61S cant do much except either leave, join a 56, or do a 3vs1.

If you're having fun, you wont want to leave just cuz of a noob 66, and if you join 56, others get annoyed, and it might be hard to get people to help against a 66..and if the 66 calls for help, well then, game over.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Mighty probably made sone good points, I've been sick and don't feel like reading :/

Fun Fact: Crap is not necessarily a bad word. It is derived by the name of the inventor of the toilet, Thomas Crapper. His design was initially called the crapper, and so many people liked the new healthier machine, that they started the "I'm going to go crap now." Eventually, the word turned from the location to the action and is now often used by people who would rather not use more or less vulgar words (that's sort of a good thing). Anyways, anyone who calls you a piece of crap is, in happier terms, calling you a great inventor and innovator in technology (or Tom for short).

Visit my Youtube Channel! Here--> Terrainrob's Videos of Everything

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Roberto077 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    Mighty probably made sone good points, I've been sick and don't feel like reading :/

Fun Fact: Crap is not necessarily a bad word. It is derived by the name of the inventor of the toilet, Thomas Crapper. His design was initially called the crapper, and so many people liked the new healthier machine, that they started the "I'm going to go crap now." Eventually, the word turned from the location to the action and is now often used by people who would rather not use more or less vulgar words (that's sort of a good thing). Anyways, anyone who calls you a piece of crap is, in happier terms, calling you a great inventor and innovator in technology (or Tom for short).
    I can't stop laughing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

I can't stop laughing.
    It's funny because it's true xD

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077:1273347

Sir, I blame you for my sickness for laughing for 10 minutes straight.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Sorry guys. Crapper didn't invent the toilet. He was just a plumber that made them more popular.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

It doesnt make sense... You want to be able tto join 61 games on your 56 and you want STG to make the gap between level thingys 4levels..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kixxler View Post
    Maybe, and this is just a thought,
    maybe

dont join 66 games omg ikr
    It's called lobby merging omg ikr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    Sorry guys. Crapper didn't invent the toilet. He was just a plumber that made them more popular.
    He made the more modernized toilet. The first "toilet" was a hole in the ground inside a small room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Yeah I watched some history channel on this "crap". He was the first one to modernize it, as Robert said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I agree with this....as i pvp at 56 i ve been in such situations hundred of times.Once i joined a 61 game with my 56 and 3 bears Spamming “Farming Time“ killed me plus insulted me and puked on me.Anyway what makes me happy is when you find these 66s with your 71 and u farm them...and when u tell them “Thats for killing my 56-61“ and u tell ur name they say “i dont even know you“...I think st should lower PvP join lvl to 4 but not necceserely in all levels.
    L76 AcexLuffyBird , L61 AcexluffyBehr , L56 AcexluffyMage , L50 AcexluffyBear , L40 AcexluffyTank , L40 AcexLuffyFox , L25 AcexluffyHorn ... Want more alts ... ???

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Sts please just stop the 10-5 level difference in a pvp match. I just ABHORE having to join a lvl61 pvp match, get GANGED by 3 L66s and then having to be puked on, called noob, and trashed. Yes I leave and sometimes just shake it off but no I've reached my limit on shaking this off, I'm sick of this (excuse my language) crap. Please just make the MAX LEVEL DIFFERENCE to level 4. I hate being rushed by 2 level caps difference and can't do anything.
    YOLO, no need to get mad

To be "serious", what if PvP maps can be joined by 2 level range.. It's gonna get empty really fast, isn't it?.___.
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    YOLO, no need to get mad

To be "serious", what if PvP maps can be joined by 2 level range.. It's gonna get empty really fast, isn't it?.___.
    i'd rather have no kills and no deaths then no kills 999999999999999999999999999999999 deaths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

i'd rather have no kills and no deaths then no kills 999999999999999999999999999999999 deaths.
    Can anybody say "Straw man"?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    311 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Can anybody say "Straw man"?
    Straw man