Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My opinion on PVP

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Bears absolutely rock. they are pretty much immortal sometimes. they do exactly what they are supposed to do, tank! They are flawless with a good mage that spams heal. or even a staff mage or dex bird because they can pull the opposing team into a corner and have the damage class do the rest. Oh and to The people who say use debuffs against a bear, let me hit yiu with some knowledge: a mage knightmare debuff only subtracts 12 dodge out of the 74 dodge a bear has and is a measly 6m range. on top of that debuffs can miss! (Bears can dodge debuffs). in addition knightmare only last a measly 3 seconds lol. So if you want to use the debuff you have to get real close and by then the bear will have you completely stunned. A bird has the best shot. Another hint: hit percentage does not subtract away from dodge, which alot of people seem to think. Now-a-days a bear is a beautiful addition to a team and can turn the tide of battle given the right circumstances and a good team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
    Bears absolutely rock. they are pretty much immortal sometimes. they do exactly what they are supposed to do, tank! They are flawless with a good mage that spams heal. or even a staff mage or dex bird because they can pull the opposing team into a corner and have the damage class do the rest. Oh and to The people who say use debuffs against a bear, let me hit yiu with some knowledge: a mage knightmare debuff only subtracts 12 dodge out of the 74 dodge a bear has and is a measly 6m range. on top of that debuffs can miss! (Bears can dodge debuffs). in addition knightmare only last a measly 3 seconds lol. So if you want to use the debuff you have to get real close and by then the bear will have you completely stunned. A bird has the best shot. Another hint: hit percentage does not subtract away from dodge, which alot of people seem to think. Now-a-days a bear is a beautiful addition to a team and can turn the tide of battle given the right circumstances and a good team.
    Nice name. It's the name of my town in Florida lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    No one called anyone "noob", so chill.
    Go get some coffee, your head must be blown up man!
    As with bear being underpowered, biased much!
    Who else does CC best in PvE?
    If you're talking about PvP, it's only if you go pally that you can ACTUALLY spend time debuffing, and technically, pally is just being a bear, since you wear bear stuff, therefore adding to bear being decently powered.
    Also I don't get "owned" by bears. Thank you very much, and remember that coffee.
    Kaarataka is a mage. Pro, I would add. There is no bias there...

Anyways, how is a pally technically a bear? Technically, the pally is a mage...

I've seen the gear that you use, which is wand + bracer set. That has a similar amount of armor compared to the str. So, you would actually have time to debuff. This is because as you say, pallies, which use str armour, have the time to debuff, so since the str and int have similar armour, it stand to reason that the int mage would also have time to debuff.

There have been numerous threads about the warrior class's lack of strength, compared to the other classes. If you would like me to give you examples, please don't. I'm lazy.

Kaarataka does know what he/she is talking about, though he/she may come across as hostile.

PS: No need to refer to coffee. When you say that his head must be blown up, coffee would only blow it up more, as coffee is an adrenaline. Hmm...

PSS: Also, if you reply to this comment, please don't use the "You're just defending your friend" card. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarataka View Post
    Bears are far from over powered. How many bears do you see in end game pro ctf matches? Oh you see cloakker......that's about it. You have debuff spells just like every other class. Learn how to use them and you won't get owned by the most under powered class in the game.
    There are a few good bears out there. Some can 1v1 int mages and perform reasonably well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

*Loves how this thread was necro'd and revived so well*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

I have to admit though that right now I am very rusty. I haven't been on much and in need of challenging opponents, so perhaps there have been changes to bears?

I don't think there have been, but please share if there have been.