Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mages are NOT squishy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

meh even if you somehow have manashield up and running, not in cooldown, and not still casting when hit, as soon as the mana is gone, all the mages survival skills like the knockback of fireblast or group heals, a buff or two, even weakness (i use weakness often when walk-back-rushing to gurg...) are GONE. and when the shiled drops, you are still spamming mana pots instead of health pots...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

twink, you don't even have a mage.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mages are not squishy! We can buff, de-buff, heal, revive and do some serious damage, while also making ourselfs the target, which makes it easier for the tanks ect to stay alive. Also, I'm a lvl 48 Mage, and I killed a lvl 50 warrior 25 times yesterday, and a archer 10 times today. We can be strong. And don't go saying "oh the tank was probably really bad" well he wasn't.
    Bluestarburst~ Level 50 Void Elf Bluey~ Level 50 Rift Bear Blueblue ~ Level 50 Cyber Void Birdie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStarBurst14 View Post
    Mages are not squishy! We can buff, de-buff, heal, revive and do some serious damage, while also making ourselfs the target, which makes it easier for the tanks ect to stay alive. Also, I'm a lvl 48 Mage, and I killed a lvl 50 warrior 25 times yesterday, and a archer 10 times today. We can be strong. And don't go saying "oh the tank was probably really bad" well he wasn't.
    for the tanks to stay alive... warriors are called tankers to tank and take all the damages... mage are obviusly not tankers cuz they die to easily... warriors make themselves targets so mage could stay alive. and try fighting a warrior or a bowbear with a complete lvl 50 set and an archer with a full void set. tell me what happens
    PERCII
    Its CYPRUX #3 in Most KILLS in PVP enchantress
    Don't let fear rule your life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

BlueStarBurst, your signature is copied straight off smoae? And try pvping with lonearcher, you will leave after awhile.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    BlueStarBurst, your signature is copied straight off smoae? And try pvping with lonearcher, you will leave after awhile.
    Ok yea I did I thought it was goof but I'll change it later. And I have. I killed him twice. Out of like 100 but still.
    Bluestarburst~ Level 50 Void Elf Bluey~ Level 50 Rift Bear Blueblue ~ Level 50 Cyber Void Birdie

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

2 out of 100?

you still think you beat him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg
    Kids, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel
    I look at people as equals until they give me a reason to frown upon them. Not implying that me, other PL shield winners, or any GOA think themselves to be better then other people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j46g629h View Post
    2 out of 100?

you still think you beat him?
    Ok, when I say like 100, I mean it felt like 100. I only have about 50 deaths, and no I'm not saying imm better than him, I'm just saying that mages are not worthless prices of sh*t.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I have two solutions to the mage problem. It would be better if both were used but it would work if only one was taken action upon.
    1) Every class gets a hp rise as they lvl up so that it would look like this at 50 (Mages: 500 hp, Archers 550hp, Warriors 600 hp) To even this out and to stop it from ruining the difficulty of AO3 there would have to be a 2 second cool down on health potions. As you can see it would keep the difficulty of the levels, but stop classes using int gear to die so fast.

2) This one would require talent tree as if warriors were able to spec for increased armour and threat they would be over powered in PvP. In the talent trees there should be two paths for each class to follow up:

Mages:
    PvP- The PvP tree would boost the PvP skills such as: Life Steal, Fire Blast, Freezes and the base h/s.
    PvE- The PvE tree would boost the PvE skills such as: Heal, Buffs, Mana Shield, rev and the base m/s.
    In the the PvE tree there would be a talent to decrease agro.

Archers:
    PvP- The PvP tree would boost the PvP skills such as: roots repulse shot, hp regen spell, and the base h/s.
    PvE- The PvE tree would boost the PvE skills such as: blast shot, shattering scream, meditation and the base m/s.
    In the PvE spec there would be a talent to decrease agro.

Warriors:
    PvP- The PvP tree would boost the PvP skills such as: the slash's, rage and the base m/s.
    PvE- The PvE tree would boost the PvE skills such as: taunt, stomp, beckon, iron blood, evasion and the base h/s.
    In the PvE spec the would be a talent to increase agro and armor.

This would keep everything balanced because warriors would have to loose potential big damage in order to get the the right stats for a tank. The "PvP" spec is for PvE and damage.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I like Royce's idea of mana shield giving better armor.
    Also, I apologize if this is a dumb question, but are Buffs and Debuffs at all dependent on int? Like does an int Mage Vs pally have a stronger mana shield or a more powerful weaken? If not, I think that would really help balance it out because right now pallies are more useful in ao3 than int mages. I don't even bother with my Mage in ao3 (even though I usually find it the most fun to play). Now I play mostly bear. I just use mage now for clearing mobs in ao2 and lower levels. I think if buffs and Debuffs were more effective based on int (I assume they're not right now), then int mages might stand more of a chance.
    Btw, I have mana shield at lvl 5 and it still hardly does anything much of the time.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 11-07-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Typos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Btw, I think it should be like that for all three classes, if it isn't yet. I know they changed it so damaging spellls/skills are based on the class's base stat. But I think supportive skills should be as well, to give more of an incentive for putting more points into the base stat than needed for equipment. Like a bear's Iron Blood should give more def if the bear has more str. And same with archer buffs/Debuffs and Mage buffs/Debuffs. I'm pretty sure that's not how it is now, And it seems like it really should be.

That way, for instance, a pally might be have higher armor overall, but an int Mage would weaken enemies more, heal better and buff the team better than the pally. Give mages some reason to be in a team. Right now people just need a pally to heal and rev.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 11-07-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Couple questions for Royce or someone who wants to find out and not guess.
    First, is mana shield protected by armor or is it outside of armor.
    Second, does chugging mana pots while mana shield is up restore the shield?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Third(sorry, mobile) is there a crit ignores mana shield or crit ignores armor on mana shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Couple questions for Royce or someone who wants to find out and not guess.
    First, is mana shield protected by armor or is it outside of armor.
    Second, does chugging mana pots while mana shield is up restore the shield?
    One, It's outside armor. And Two, Yes but if you run out of mana completely, then it takes health. No mana, no health. Youre pretty much dead. *sigh*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStarBurst14 View Post
    One, It's outside armor. And Two, Yes but if you run out of mana completely, then it takes health. No mana, no health. Youre pretty much dead. *sigh*
    Of course it 'looks' like it is outside armor, but is is 'protected' by armor. If you have 100 armor, and get hit with a 130 Damage shot, does it take 30 mana or 130 mana?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Of course it 'looks' like it is outside armor, but is is 'protected' by armor. If you have 100 armor, and get hit with a 130 Damage shot, does it take 30 mana or 130 mana?
    Good question but i think only dev can give you the answer..... :/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Build your mage right and you wont be squishy at all. I can solo bosses with my mage (obviously not ao3 bosses)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Twinktastical, stop thinking mages are awesum -___-
    Just cuz u got the best twinker lvl 19 (I suck it up and admit it) im sure u don’t have a 45-50 mage

When I was an int mage up till lvl 44, me and other mages would suck in pvp, and would die plenty of times against zmoxx and rloxx in ao2
    im sorry, but mages would suck so much, that lesser djinns would be able to kill you without spamming of pots
    When the quests came out and I used a free respec after the stat update thing to try int mage agen, I wuld die when a swarm of BALEFORT KNIGHT MOBS attacked me unbuffed. Yes, I was unbuffed, but guess what? Balefort is for lvl 20s!!!
    I of course, repseced back to pally and was doing fine until ao3…than, well, that’s what the threads about =)

Bluestar, no offense, but the way you talk about lonearcher, I reminded me of sumtin called “COCKY”
    Ive played him around 50 times on my three different 45s when ao3 wasn’t out and omfg! I beat him around 2 times too! But of course, I lost, becuz pvp is 10 points per round yes?

Pharcyde, can you put a list of bosses you can solo and KILL?
    i agree with your build thing. I used to have a SH*T build on my lvl 45 mage and i would have trouble in fathom crypt when i had dead eyes and a bunch of mobs that followed me when i rushed =) now, im a pally, too scared to go back to int mage
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wish there was more info, so a int mage cant solo well, and sucks later on? cause in all int atm, what do people use now day then, a mix of what? int and? and why do they do that..