Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razerbacks in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Razerbacks in PvP

Hey all,

So, I was just wondering about anybody else who has tested the Razerback daggers in PvP. In my experience, I was critting 3.1k-3.4k pretty often (50% or more of the time). Now, against a rogue or sorcerer, that is instant-death to those going up against it.

Those who have faced the Razerbacks, what is your opinion on them? What about those who use them? As of right now... I think that they may have just tipped PvP completely in the rogues favor.

P.S: Keep in mind that I was replicating those numbers without the damage proc (or so I think...it was late at night).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I think its the most op of the 3 new weapon, +94 point to str int dex stats..

i'll pass pvp in this season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

I own one and I'll admit it's a little bit o.p. If this is an answer to balancing classes (assuming here), I'd have to say it went a little overboard.

But then again 5-8 games of testing won't conclude.. I'll give more feedbacks in a week's time.
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

If either of you want a test dummy, you can hit me with aimed shot and record the damage. To one shot me you'd need to crit 3.3k with mythic staff. Or 3.1k with mythic gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Parth, I believe the proc comes up pretty often no?

Its good to see that even Rogues agree they went a bit overboard on the daggers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Actually the proc rare in pvp and when it does proc mostly its when i dont need it. But i have to admit when it does proc in 1v1 gg. Or 5v5 pop that razor shield dive bomb rogues and sorcs. Can't a brotha keep his daggers?

Do you guys want every rogue to use a bow?
    Sig cred: Beelzeebob
    End Game Rogue Get-N-Paid
    Chances are I've probably killed you.
    Watch me on youtube : ) http://is.gd/YiK25Y

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i quit pvp at the end of last season and probably won't play this one either. I got tired of rogues being nerfed. If they are OP then keep it to yourself and go own all those whiney tanks and mages!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

If daggers were nerfed i would choose mythic bow over daggers. You have the ranged stun better survivability iin a way cause you can kite.

It would also cause me to switch builds back to aimed,nox,sp health packs. Just like every other pvp rogue.

Daggers have to have some edge to them for having to be up close and personal.

We need some variety for rogues and i think this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Im sick of being nerfed aswell since the beggining of pvp
    Last edited by iluvataris; 09-24-2013 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

It's too hard to decide if the wep is OP or not in PVP b/c most the regular in pvp havn't yet upgraded their gear.
    If you got razobacks chances are you're one of the few in the game with it.

In my last 10 CTF matchups, good 80-90% of players don't have the new weps.

To me, if you got it, it means you're a supporter and/or you've earned your gold.
    People who have it deserve it and should obviously be performing better than the outdated geared players.

Just because a bunch of players feel like they're overpowered does not always mean they need to be nerfed.
    I see far too many pvp regulars who don't farm or attempt to make money trying to "nerf" everything that's more OP just b/c they can't easily obtain the gear themselves.
    ..so maybe they should spend some time and make some money instead because pvp skills can only give you so much advantage and after that it comes down to gear/pets/luck.

To sum it up, with a 5 level advantage and 290 hp, 2 crit, 15.5 dmg increase over the bow, it seems like a balanced weapon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

What needs to be nerfed is the Arcane Shield <.<

I could care less about the damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

How about we stop with the "lets nerf/buff new weps"

Someone go make a thread ask 10 good pvpers with the new weapons.
    Balance the team and make them play 10 ctf games.

You'll get your OP or not results from those games.

@dead I think sts gave what rogues want (survivability) in the form of a wep proc that really only activates at best 5-10%
    it's really not that op b/c we're the only class without a shield, without 2s invincibility, and the only class that has to hunt for their heals

hey don't activate on their own and only activates on auto attacking which is somewhat usless in big 5v5 clashes
    the time it takes to charge auto (and hopefully get the buff) is far less productive than spending that same time and charging your nox/aimshot etc.

I actually did about 30 1v1's vs aquatrex and frynoodles and they did not activate once b/c any good rogue will know it's not worthwhile to slash in midair for the proc...that's just suicide in a fight

overall the shield buff favors more for pve farming and survivability in elites

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    i quit pvp at the end of last season and probably won't play this one either. I got tired of rogues being nerfed. If they are OP then keep it to yourself and go own all those whiney tanks and mages!
    I too am tired of the rogues getting nerfed honestly. There's those complainers like Frohanatur who complain about rogues being underpowered but when you look at their gear... there's not even one mythic in the equation & they're going up against mythic rogues. What did they think will happen?

However, that being said, I do like the daggers! I wonder how a 1v1 vs bow would play out with them.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    I too am tired of the rogues getting nerfed honestly. There's those complainers like Frohanatur who complain about rogues being underpowered but when you look at their gear... there's not even one mythic in the equation & they're going up against mythic rogues. What did they think will happen?

However, that being said, I do like the daggers! I wonder how a 1v1 vs bow would play out with them.
    The weapon in general is well deserved after 2 seasons of the rogues not getting any buffs etc.

For an overall conclusion for pvp: I think luck will devour the real pvp experience. (From all classes: stuns, crits, dodge) These factors will probably raise over 40 dodge+crit for a rogue and damage over 500 for mages, 7k hp for tanks etc next expansion. I do not think that all of these stats will be balanced. I love the way STG used the dmg nerf to shorten fights - lets hope it will last for over 2 expansions.
    Last edited by Bless; 09-24-2013 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Cuz im pro, stop asking for reasons
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird
    I love the way STG used the dmg nerf to shorten fights - lets hope it will last for over 2 expansions.
    I was under the impression that they modified the damage in PvP in order to make fights "more interesting" (implied as longer from my point of view), not to shorten them.

Back on topic: I think the Razorbacks are pretty powerful, and I agree with Limsy that we'll need to use them longer than one weekend to make an accurate assessment of their "OPness" in PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

How come rouges is the dmg class when cleary our class has the least dmg. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Honestly, in none of the STG games are the damage dealing class the highest in damage. However, their skills are designed to maximize efficient use of the damage that they do have. That way, the lower damage can be up to twice as efficient due to debuffs. Also, when it's like this, it makes a rogue essential to have in the party so that all party members can hit harder... not just rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taejo View Post
    I was under the impression that they modified the damage in PvP in order to make fights "more interesting" (implied as longer from my point of view), not to shorten them.

Back on topic: I think the Razorbacks are pretty powerful, and I agree with Limsy that we'll need to use them longer than one weekend to make an accurate assessment of their "OPness" in PvP.
    I meant longer* not shorter derp.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Honestly, in none of the STG games are the damage dealing class the highest in damage. However, their skills are designed to maximize efficient use of the damage that they do have. That way, the lower damage can be up to twice as efficient due to debuffs. Also, when it's like this, it makes a rogue essential to have in the party so that all party members can hit harder... not just rogues.
    Lolololol it's just kinda weird o.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Rogues got the most damage, maybe stat wise you dont see, but i think you know it.

Razor gives +94 points to overall stats, orbital just +79, that means +3 extra skill point on passives. The sorcerer weapon got a bit 0.04% armor but that does not pay off the huge difference, not to mention the proc, they can not be compared.